Skip cultural advance... ?

agerz

Chieftain
Hello !

First of all excuse my english level.

Until the last update I can't skip a cultural advance.

It's possible ?

Thanks !

Unless you check "Allow social policy saving" in the advanced setup before a game, you cannot delay policy adopting.

Thanks it's true !

But before the patch it was possible without checking the box right ?

I would really, REALLY like the ability to reject a policy upgrade. If you have completed 5 branches, you may not want to unlock a new branch and disable the effects of the other branch. This of course assumes that when you activate the new branch the other branch and all of it's constituent policies and effects are disabled like the tooltip says they are. If they stay in effect, then heck yes, let's activate a new branch. But you shouldn't have to activate an entire complete policy group to activate a new branch with limited effect.

Let me know if I am mistaken in how this works...

Except in some really extreme oddball scenarios where you're trying to break it, it is always possible to pick a new policy without losing the effects of the old one. Everything you've already picked remains active except when you pick a policy that's diametrically opposed to an old one (like picking Rationalism disables all of your Piety.. but you still have your Liberty etc.).

I would really, REALLY like the ability to reject a policy upgrade. If you have completed 5 branches, you may not want to unlock a new branch and disable the effects of the other branch. This of course assumes that when you activate the new branch the other branch and all of it's constituent policies and effects are disabled like the tooltip says they are. If they stay in effect, then heck yes, let's activate a new branch. But you shouldn't have to activate an entire complete policy group to activate a new branch with limited effect.

At that point you should be well on your to building the Utopia Project and winning a cultural victory...

Before the patch, I'd save up a lot of culture points until I could get Freedom, unless, of course, the game was taking me in an unintended direction. But after the patch, there are some good policies to pick in Liberty and Tradition that I used to skip so I'm less inclined to save culture points these days.

Before the patch, I'd save up a lot of culture points until I could get Freedom, unless, of course, the game was taking me in an unintended direction. But after the patch, there are some good policies to pick in Liberty and Tradition that I used to skip so I'm less inclined to save culture points these days.

I think this is the critical point. Making some of the deadwood policies more attractive makes delaying social policy choices less attractive, and so hanging onto culture points becomes a more agonizing decision

Top Bottom