Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not seeing lotus flowers show up on lake tiles. The game acknowledges they're present, but their tooltip icon and graphics are missing.

And I see that Theocracy appears to be untouched. A bit of IGE testing around while having Reform and Rule on shows that the description changes to match R&R's version, but the temple is providing gold like the vanilla policy. Which version of Theocracy is supposed to be active?

Am I missing something perhaps? It seems as if I can't enable whowards DLL seeing as"This version of the game is not compatible with the mod".

Am I missing something perhaps? It seems as if I can't enable whowards DLL seeing as"This version of the game is not compatible with the mod".

I just went to his site linked in that post and downloaded the latest version there. 66 as opposed to the one linked in that post, which was something like 19. I think that's what you're supposed to do

I'm not seeing lotus flowers show up on lake tiles. The game acknowledges they're present, but their tooltip icon and graphics are missing.

And I see that Theocracy appears to be untouched. A bit of IGE testing around while having Reform and Rule on shows that the description changes to match R&R's version, but the temple is providing gold like the vanilla policy. Which version of Theocracy is supposed to be active?

1. You probably missed it, but a few posts back I explain the issue. To sum of it is is to update your copy of the balance patch.
2. Yeah, I see the problem - before I decided to shift everything into its own balance patch, I'd added support for Reform and Rule (and Nine Ages of Policy), but had forgotten to reference those same mods within the balance patch. I've tested it, and it works now, so please re-download P&P and the Balance Patch and Armenia (if you're using that, as I've changed the way resting rate increases are supported (as below)).

Not sure of the problem people were having with Leugi's Cuba and Bolivia + P&P, as that seems to be a fine combination.

Have you got all the dependencies for the mods that are active? If there's a mod active which has dependencies which are also not active, this warning will show up on all mods. A mod will stay active even if it requires another mod if you, for instance, update its dependency, and then try an activate any mod other than that dependency.

This update also fixes the issue with the Monk icon, and Monks no longer produce Great Prophet points (but get an extra Faith). The dynamic top panel has been re-written a bit to be more efficient and to better support the grouping of positive and negative values. I'll update the vanilla top panel eventually.

I've also added a new table for modders to add to the active effects list, and to add increases to the resting rate via buildings/policies/beliefs:

Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS 
JFD_TopPanelPietyEffectsAdditions (PietyLevelRequired, PietyEffectFunction);

Details for the above are included in the Piety and Prestige\Shared\UI\JFD's Dynamic Top Panel\JFD_TopPanelAddins.sql file
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS
Policy_JFD_PietyRestingRateIncreases (PolicyType, Increase, IncreaseSource);

Just exchange Policy for Building/Belief as needed. Increase is the value, which is adjusted by game speed, and Increase Source your the tooltip text.

I just went to his site linked in that post and downloaded the latest version there. 66 as opposed to the one linked in that post, which was something like 19. I think that's what you're supposed to do

You don't have to have the latest version, but it helps. I'll fix the link to Lord Whoward's Mod Page so that people don't download outdated versions.

This update also fixes the issue with the Monk icon, and Monks no longer produce Great Prophet points (but get an extra Faith).

Wonderful, that was the only issue I encountered with this mod, so I'm glad that's fixed!

And if I had waited a little longer, I would have found them. It's nice to see my Saffron art get new use! I'm very happy to see it here!

My apologies! My credit list is wanting. I'll amend that immediately. Thanks for the Saffron resource :)

Bafflingly the latest version of P&P has disabled CIV Traits' support for Tomatekh's stuff but not others. I have no idea why that is, the logs don't seem to say anything about either mod.

Bafflingly the latest version of P&P has disabled CIV Traits' support for Tomatekh's stuff but not others. I have no idea why that is, the logs don't seem to say anything about either mod.

That mod has always been baffling for me. I did a very long test back in the day when I was having issues, and the problem is the traits mod itself. You have reached my level where several civs don't want to have icons attached to their name (hopefully. Pick a civ with easy to notice traits and see if those are still working). My Civ IV Traits mod is at the point where if every leader DOES have icons behind their name, then the mod is broken and several traits don't work.

Ummmm... what is this and why it breaks down every single city view in my game?:confused:

Code:
[711314.342] CityView: Loading EUI city view...	674.633	 
  ____ _ _       __     ___               
 / ___(_) |_ _   \ \   / (_) _____      __
| |   | | __| | | \ \ / /| |/ _ \ \ /\ / /
| |___| | |_| |_| |\ V / | |  __/\ V  V / 
 \____|_|\__|\__, | \_/  |_|\___| \_/\_/  
             |___/                        
[711314.342] Runtime Error: C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige Balance Patch (v 1)\Lua\Overrides\EUI\CityView.lua:28: attempt to index global 'EUI' (a nil value)
[711342.391] Runtime Error: C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige (v 1)\Piety\Lua\Events\JFD_PietyEvents.lua:1285: attempt to call global 'FD_HasStateReligion' (a nil value)

Yeah I figured it was probably that mod itself. It does seem more than a little messy and could probably use some revision (seriously, one that gives +50% production to wonders is kind of ridiculous).

It is a decent idea but wonky right now. Maybe it could work out in the GRAND MOD OF ALL-ENCOMPASSING IMMENSITY that I dream of but.

Hopefully progress on Institutions and Prestige is going well. I am definitely intrigued by the text and stuff that is left in ^^;

Ummmm... what is this and why it breaks down every single city view in my game?:confused:

Code:
             |___/                        
[711314.342] Runtime Error: C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige Balance Patch (v 1)\Lua\Overrides\EUI\CityView.lua:28: attempt to index global 'EUI' (a nil value)
[711342.391] Runtime Error: C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige (v 1)\Piety\Lua\Events\JFD_PietyEvents.lua:1285: attempt to call global 'FD_HasStateReligion' (a nil value)

Thanks for identifying this! I've deleted the file and now my city views are back to normal :D

JFD, a couple of things:
1) In the interests of balance, Obsidian and Saffron could probably suffer a base yield increase. Maybe +1 gold along with the +1 faith?
2) A city state decided it was going to have a state religion, I'm guessing this is errant behaviour? http://imgur.com/nlvk2t6
3) I was looking forward to seeing these religious events that the piety tooltip talks about, it was then that I realised I hadn't had any events, at all. Not one. Decisions are working fine, P&P included.

I have no idea what is causing this. I have recently been through the rigmarole of redownloading WHoward's DLL, (and CSD) which is my prime suspect for no reason other than it was the other thing I changed. Where would I look to find out what is causing this?

In the Lua.log the only thing that is out of place is
Code:
Runtime Error: C:\Users\Thomas\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige (v 1)\Piety\Lua\Events\JFD_PietyEvents.lua:1285: attempt to call global 'FD_HasStateReligion' (a nil value)
I understand new versions for E&D, P&P and P&PBP came out today, do you think they will fix it?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Code:
             |___/                        

I guess I left EUI city-view active instead of vanilla.

JFD, a couple of things:
1) In the interests of balance, Obsidian and Saffron could probably suffer a base yield increase. Maybe +1 gold along with the +1 faith?
2) A city state decided it was going to have a state religion, I'm guessing this is errant behaviour? http://imgur.com/nlvk2t6
3) I was looking forward to seeing these religious events that the piety tooltip talks about, it was then that I realised I hadn't had any events, at all. Not one. Decisions are working fine, P&P included.

I have no idea what is causing this. I have recently been through the rigmarole of redownloading WHoward's DLL, (and CSD) which is my prime suspect for no reason other than it was the other thing I changed. Where would I look to find out what is causing this?

In the Lua.log the only thing that is out of place is
Code:
Runtime Error: C:\Users\Thomas\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige (v 1)\Piety\Lua\Events\JFD_PietyEvents.lua:1285: attempt to call global 'FD_HasStateReligion' (a nil value)
I understand new versions for E&D, P&P and P&PBP came out today, do you think they will fix it?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

1) "Suffer"? I don't think giving them more yields would make them balanced.
2) As is described in-game and in the OP, Religious City-States adopt state religions, too.
3) Yeah, typo. Ruins the whole file. Updated P&P (core) to fix.

Honestly I find the new resources very desirable, especially early game where every bit of faith is valuable, so some to just be lying around without even needing to be improved is pretty valuable, enough to where the usual gold on a luxury tile isn't really needed.

2) As is described in-game and in the OP, Religious City-States adopt state religions, too.
I realised as soon as I turned the computer off. Sorry :blush:

Honestly I find the new resources very desirable, especially early game where every bit of faith is valuable, so some to just be lying around without even needing to be improved is pretty valuable, enough to where the usual gold on a luxury tile isn't really needed.
I guess I feel 1 faith < 2 gold. No matter, just my $0.02

3) Yeah, typo. Ruins the whole file. Updated P&P (core) to fix.
Ah great, no witch hunt!

Great job on this, JFD. Can't wait for the rest of it. If you need some play testing (despite my apparently wonky judgement on yields) let me know :crazyeye:

No, I agree with that, I just don't agree that all resources need to have their value equalised.
I feel they should be comporable. Then again Gems have +3 gold, so there is that. Your show, boss.

Bug Report:
I got the Joan of Arc Event and chose to get the Great General/Faith at the expense of Piety, but nothing happened. No changes to faith, piety, and no Great General.

I feel they should be comporable. Then again Gems have +3 gold, so there is that. Your show, boss.

Bug Report:
I got the Joan of Arc Event and chose to get the Great General/Faith at the expense of Piety, but nothing happened. No changes to faith, piety, and no Great General.

Will be fixed in the next update.

I'm getting horribly broken city view too. Hooray! Might have to do with Modular Info Stack.

Not with MIS, but because you don't use EUI. Copy the CityView file in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Piety and Prestige Balance Patch (v 1)\Lua\Overrides into the EUI folder in that same location. Vanilla will be restored as default in the next update.

Ohh it's from lack of EUI, okay thanks. I had EUI before but it kind of irked me having all the dummy building icons and whatnot in the civ select screen and it didn't seem like that could be amended. Or at least I didn't understand the response I was given well enough ^^; Though all things considered I probably should just deal with it, but I tend to stop games and redo things if something seems wonky.

On a side note, it was stated somewhere that Piety affected relationship modifiers, and I am unsure of how exactly that works and what effects exactly that one civ's piety has on another's. It looks to me like there aren't such effects and thus it's a little weird for other civs to be mad at you for it, kind of like the vanilla Ideology policy trees, where they'd be all 'grr you have Order but I have Freedom that upsets me' even though it didn't actually disrupt anything about them, unlike now where it upsets them because they get tons of unhappiness when other ideologies put tourism on them. But then, I haven't played around with it enough so I don't know to what degree relationships are affected and the intrinsics of what Piety does on a bigger scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom