Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't yet updated EUI to the latest Vox EUI files, so I recommend not using EUI in the meantime (or, not using the EUI comp. files). I had started, but I was having trouble fixing the top right-hand panel thingey, whereby it only shows the Diplomacy button and nothing else. I'll try again tomorrow.

When you hover the mouse on the buildings, you see things like....

5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v44)\Lua\UI\Overrides\EUI_tooltip_library.lua:77:bad argument #2

kind of thing...

I'm 90% sure I'm getting the same errors but Im away from my computer at the moment.

Anyway, all these strange things happened after that JUNE VOX version. Before that, all MODS are working perfectly.

The JUNE VOX version fixed my problems with CiD but ruined the buildings tooltip. Units, map and seemingly all other tooltips are fine.

Another thing, I don't know if its RtP but when you complete the Pyramids you should get 2 workers. However because RtP renamed them peasants i think that may be the problem.

Question for others who play with this mod: How do you all deal with early-game health issues? I find myself getting caught out if I don't immediately go for a herbalist and an aqueduct / cistern, and even then I invariably have a plague or two in the first hundred turns.

Not a problem, just curious as to how others find it.

Question for others who play with this mod: How do you all deal with early-game health issues? I find myself getting caught out if I don't immediately go for a herbalist and an aqueduct / cistern, and even then I invariably have a plague or two in the first hundred turns.

Not a problem, just curious as to how others find it.

Plagues are meant to be inevitable. All you can do is try and keep your disease low so that the plague is short.

Yeah, that's how I've approached it. Definitely makes me think twice before working quarries.

EDIT: Just a heads up - I've played a few games with just CP + CiD + CulDiv + RtP, King difficulty and Epic speed, and I've found the AI is extremely reluctant to build wonders (usually the first one appears around turn 130, I'm guessing from a liberty finisher Great Engineer, and very few after that). I'm not sure if this is present with just CP. Is anyone else getting this issue?

Yeah, that's how I've approached it. Definitely makes me think twice before working quarries.

EDIT: Just a heads up - I've played a few games with just CP + CiD + CulDiv + RtP, King difficulty and Epic speed, and I've found the AI is extremely reluctant to build wonders (usually the first one appears around turn 130, I'm guessing from a liberty finisher Great Engineer, and very few after that). I'm not sure if this is present with just CP. Is anyone else getting this issue?

I guess it's because of your difficulty and speed.

Horse Mills need their cost reducing - they're still at ~300, when they should be ~200.

I haven't yet updated EUI to the latest Vox EUI files, so I recommend not using EUI in the meantime (or, not using the EUI comp. files). I had started, but I was having trouble fixing the top right-hand panel thingey, whereby it only shows the Diplomacy button and nothing else. I'll try again tomorrow.

To add to that, I've got both the problem of the top right panel not showing up with EUI and the 'choose production' prompt not working, both at the bottom right in the world view and if I manually go select a city and try to choose production.

Also, the same is true of your other mod, 'Rise to power' where the top right panel isn't working properly, though the production button does.

Thanks.

Finally played a game with colonies, can the loyalty bonus from city connections be increased? I've built every loyalty increasing building I can but my colonies are still seperatist.

I am playing Vox populi 6/25/16 and JFD Civilization in development and the compatibbility file v45 and 44 and Rise to Rule v25 and 24.

I get a tooltip error with the buildings not the units
It reads C\user\mods\Jfd cities in Development_EUIcompatability files\v44\Lua v6 override EUI__tooltip-Library:bad argument #2to L ( argument should be.) instead of description as what the building does I dont know how get it right
Thanks

Delete EUI and the problems will be solved :)

I'm not sure CID likes the new CP.........

It may be true :(

CP seems to be causing CTDs, and it isn't a CID conflict - it does appear to be caused by the CP itself.

[Edit] Update posted - might fix problem

Try updating the CP, if not - wait for CID update to newest CP.

I am playing Vox populi 6/25/16 and JFD Civilization in development and the compatibbility file v45 and 44 and Rise to Rule v25 and 24.

I get a tooltip error with the buildings not the units
It reads C\user\mods\Jfd cities in Development_EUIcompatability files\v44\Lua v6 override EUI__tooltip-Library:bad argument #2to L ( argument should be.) instead of description as what the building does I dont know how get it right
Thanks

I have the same problem, but it only started when I updated to the July 1st CP version

EDIT: Picture of error, building tooltips give the error, while tile and units work fine.

EDIT2: Reverted to 6-25 CP, still the same problem, want to revert to v44 of CiD but link deleted ;\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom