Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that I'll do that when playing with CCC, but I brought up the issue because having new cities further increase the distance would be the best option for me, rather than disabling this whole mechanic altogether

"Every time I create a mod, I create a hundred malcontents and one ingrate" :p

So, you want distance to increase with each city that you own? Wouldn't that perpetually increase the distance before you can found colonies? I can add the option, but you'll have to explain precisely what it is you want.

Yeah, it does seem that CCC disables the EUI Queue for me, which I'm guessing it doesn't do for you.

In addition, on the Game Set up screen, when I select the world size, it typically also sets the number of civs (Huge = 12 civs and 24 CS). But with CCC enabled, it increments the civs by 2. So now Huge = 14 civs and 28 CS. This has happened before with a separate mod, and is not game breaking as much as Quality of Life.

I don't think my logs would help, but if you would like them I can send them. I'm going to dive back in, this time with only JFD mods, Enlightenment, and the essentials such as AI diplomacy, Map Labels, IGE etc.

Just list what mods you use that also change the City View or Production panel.

But how? the button of "push a medium claim" is unavailable.

Screenshot:
Spoiler :

Do you actually have four Dignitaries? That early, I would wager not...

Do you actually have four Dignitaries? That early, I would wager not...

I have. Through getting Great Dignitaries and consume them.( using IGE, though.)

Edit:

It is strange, I give myself 1000 more gold with IGE and then the button is available, but I already have enough gold before that...

Okay, I think I've resolved it. It's conflicting with some other mod. When both are active, bad things happen. I wouldn't worry about it for now until I find something concrete :p Going to take a look at what I've disabled.

"Every time I create a mod, I create a hundred malcontents and one ingrate" :p
Hey, I'm just discussing designs. :blush:

So, you want distance to increase with each city that you own? Wouldn't that perpetually increase the distance before you can found colonies? I can add the option, but you'll have to explain precisely what it is you want.
I meant that every city also has its own "range" that blocks settlers from founding colonies, not just the capital, so that gradually expanding through your own continent wont make colonies appear. But sending a settler on the opposite direction of your empire would allow him to settle colonies as normal, since he's not near the colony-blocking-range of your cities.

I meant that every city also has its own "range" that blocks settlers from founding colonies, not just the capital, so that gradually expanding through your own continent wont make colonies appear. But sending a settler on the opposite direction of your empire would allow him to settle colonies as normal, since he's not near the colony-blocking-range of your cities.

I think that design idea makes sense. Dynamic Range, for natural Civ growth. And since we have a colonist unit now, we could force a nearby colony if we wanted.

Ok, quick update to fix the major bugs so far noted:
  • Fixed an issue where the Civilopedia wasn't clearing properly.
  • Fixed an issue wherein having the same religion with a City-State did not increase your number of causes.
  • Fixed an issue wherein the actual cost of pushing a claim didn't match the reported cost.
  • Hopefully fixed the TXT_KEY issue with Liberalism.

Hopefully other issues are more minor.

I've noted your design, Tarcisio, and if ever I'm feeling generous toward you, I'll look at implementing it. You're lucky Kesler backed your idea it :p

Found an actual small mistake. The tech tree icon for the Magistrate's Court is swapped with the High Court icon.

In addition, even if it is implemented via code, the forge does not seem to have been changed to the new Copper/Iron variant. I have not built one yet, only observed the building description via EUI and Civpedia.

Great work! I wonder, is it possible to make it so that colonies affected more by ideological pressures? Like if you took Order and some Liberty civ is heavily influencing you, you'd start losing your cities with Colonies first to rebel. I cannot do any playtesting right now, but looking forward to any reports/aar's especially on how AI performs now. Congratz again!

Found an actual small mistake. The tech tree icon for the Magistrate's Court is swapped with the High Court icon.

In addition, even if it is implemented via code, the forge does not seem to have been changed to the new Copper/Iron variant. I have not built one yet, only observed the building description via EUI and Civpedia.

Indeed so! Thanks. Will be fixed whenever the next update comes (to minor to do so now).

Yeah, I'd forgotten to. It'll be updated. I'm considering making the Forge sort of a pre-industrial Factory anyway, in the sense of costing Iron, so it might change a little.

Great work! I wonder, is it possible to make it so that colonies affected more by ideological pressures? Like if you took Order and some Liberty civ is heavily influencing you, you'd start losing your cities with Colonies first to rebel. I cannot do any playtesting right now, but looking forward to any reports/aar's especially on how AI performs now. Congratz again!

Thank you :) Yes, I'd be very keen to know how the AI fares. If it is possible, I certainly would, but I'm not sure how to mod Ideological stuff, myself, as I've no experience. Something for me to keep in mind, though.

will there be a comunity patch free version?

'fraid not. It relies too heavily upon many of the CP's changes. You don't need to use the CBP, though.

Thanks for releasing this!

It's great to see Colonies make a comeback, and the claims system seems really interesting. I'll have to try and play a game as Victoria to take advantage of the colonies in true empire fashion!

The idea of ideology affecting enemy colonies is a pretty cool one - will spies have any effect on Crime, I know that the idea of them decreasing loyalty was something discussed in the past - but it seems natural that they'd link to crime.

So how will it interact with Gazebo's Happiness system?
As I know there is a unhappiness modifier called "crime" as well.

I'm not sure exactly, but I'll be working as best I can to make them compatible with one another.

Thanks for releasing this!

It's great to see Colonies make a comeback, and the claims system seems really interesting. I'll have to try and play a game as Victoria to take advantage of the colonies in true empire fashion!

The idea of ideology affecting enemy colonies is a pretty cool one - will spies have any effect on Crime, I know that the idea of them decreasing loyalty was something discussed in the past - but it seems natural that they'd link to crime.

Yes, Spies, I think, will certainly increase Crime. This time the issue with an unknown increase isn't such a problem.

I don't know if I got tarciso and Kesler correct here but I think I would agree too. Would something like cities founded 15 tiles away from the capital OR more than 6 tiles away from a 15 pop city becomes a colony. Obviously the numbers can be changed, but it would kinda be like the ideology pressure system. The numbers could perhaps be changed at some of the new eras if one would like to add more complexity. Or that the 15-pop city also must be founded by ther player/not occupied/not in resistance.

i can't seem to find 'JFD_CC_EVENTS_AND_DECISIONS' in the included UserSettings.sql file. Was it removed prior to release?

I don't know if I got tarciso and Kesler correct here but I think I would agree too. Would something like cities founded 15 tiles away from the capital OR more than 6 tiles away from a 15 pop city becomes a colony. Obviously the numbers can be changed, but it would kinda be like the ideology pressure system. The numbers could perhaps be changed at some of the new eras if one would like to add more complexity. Or that the 15-pop city also must be founded by ther player/not occupied/not in resistance.

Wouldn't it just be simpler to change it from "X tiles from capital" to "Y tiles from nearest city?" That way, as your core empire expands, so too will the new colony distance. But you can still found a cluster of colonies near each other if you so choose, since "colonies" =/= "cities"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom