Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Thank you.
2. About the colony issue: I seem to be unable to get colonies, but I saw the AI getting some.

Great Magistrates and Dignitaries seem to be missing for me:

Edit: found the issue, in Claims_Units.sql,

Code:
INSERT INTO UnitPromotions_UnitCombats 	
		(PromotionType, 		UnitCombatType)
SELECT	'PROMOTION_JFD_FORGE',	Type
FROM UnitCombatInfos WHERE Type IN ('UNITCOMBAT_MELEE')
WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM JFD_GlobalUserSettings WHERE Type = 'JFD_CCC_CLAIMS_CORE' AND Value = 1);

The WHERE should be an AND

No idea if it was caused by this mod but it was so strange who knows. I started a game as Bulgaria, started working a sheep tile and hit end turn. Next thing I know I am getting way more food than I should. Why? I suddenly have the Aztec's floating gardens. Since you are the master of all things maybe you could figure it out?

Attachments

• logs.7z
    26.6 KB · Views: 116

Code:
WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM JFD_GlobalUserSettings WHERE Type = 'JFD_CCC_CLAIMS_CORE' AND Value = 1);

But... which WHERE turns to AND? It's a multiple choice answer here :p

Anyway, thank you very much for the update, JFD! Will strive to give it a spin before FO4 hits us. :p

Code:

Bah! Fixed.

No idea if it was caused by this mod but it was so strange who knows. I started a game as Bulgaria, started working a sheep tile and hit end turn. Next thing I know I am getting way more food than I should. Why? I suddenly have the Aztec's floating gardens. Since you are the master of all things maybe you could figure it out?

Might've been a leftover from Crimes. Try to newest update above.

Does anybody have the specifics of the bonuses Portugal gets from moving it's capital?

Also, I think colonies are really broken. As somebody else said, having an empire like Chile or Norway would be impossible. At the same time, JFD has the final say. If somebody is willing (and able) to code an alternative colony settling system I'm sure JFD would include it as an option (or an optional addon).

Started a game with the new update and still got a floating gardens. Turning the mod off prevented it in the next game.

I have just finished a game without this mod and also had Floating Gardens. I don't think this is the issue.

I *think* that there was a similar bug in the past with Piety (or perhaps ExCE), that was causing certain cities to get Floating Gardens for free. I could be misremembering though.

Regardless, thanks for the latest update. Looking forward to giving it another whirl soon, seems to have a lot of nice QoL features. Out of interest, in regards to the change to Great Magistrates and Dignitaries does this mean that all great people have seperate are pools/counters now instead of most sharing with Scientists, Merchants and Engineers - or was it just the civil servants that were seperate off?

Floating Gardens has the ID 0 in the buildings table, so when you try to add a building that doesn't exist through lua it defaults back to the Floating Gardens.

On other news, Bulgaria has to be updated. :p

EDIT: Nvm, just saw Bulgaria was updated.
Edit2: As I forgot to say before this really is a great mod. I really need to start saying that more in threads rather than pure bug reports. :blush:

EDIT: Nvm, just saw Bulgaria was updated.
Edit2: As I forgot to say before this really is a great mod. I really need to start saying that more in threads rather than pure bug reports. :blush:

Thank you! It is appreciated. A barrage of bug reports is, indeed, disheartening.

I *think* that there was a similar bug in the past with Piety (or perhaps ExCE), that was causing certain cities to get Floating Gardens for free. I could be misremembering though.

Regardless, thanks for the latest update. Looking forward to giving it another whirl soon, seems to have a lot of nice QoL features. Out of interest, in regards to the change to Great Magistrates and Dignitaries does this mean that all great people have seperate are pools/counters now instead of most sharing with Scientists, Merchants and Engineers - or was it just the civil servants that were seperate off?

Separate completely - no way for me to simply separate out the civil GP.

Does anybody have the specifics of the bonuses Portugal gets from moving it's capital?

Also, I think colonies are really broken. As somebody else said, having an empire like Chile or Norway would be impossible. At the same time, JFD has the final say. If somebody is willing (and able) to code an alternative colony settling system I'm sure JFD would include it as an option (or an optional addon).

You don't get any bonuses - the bonus is the ability to move your capital before its about to be taken.

Broken suggests a balance issue, when this is merely a conceptual issue - and one that I don't share, and frankly I feel your characterization is insulting. I don't know how many tiles make up Chile or Norway, but I can't imagine there'd be so few that Chile would ever have colonies on the same continent. And Norway - well, the settlements in the Americas were colonies, in so far as this mod represents them. All this is moot, of course, because you can just change the user settings to your preferred distance - or control it utterly with the Colonist. Seriously. I'll look at a more dynamic distance when I can, but atm I have better things to do.

Regarding colonies, one thing I believe would work well is to make it so that your first three cities (inclding capital) can't be one. Let's suppose I find a really nice natural wonder 16 tiles away, and want to settle it as soon as possible. It'd be kinda weird to have your second city be a colony

Regarding colonies, one thing I believe would work well is to make it so that your first three cities (inclding capital) can't be one. Let's suppose I find a really nice natural wonder 16 tiles away, and want to settle it as soon as possible. It'd be kinda weird to have your second city be a colony

I think it's okay.
It's like how Greece "colonized" italy.

I also think it's okay, makes the game less predictable in a way. And don't forget you can generate your first Great Magistrate in rather early game (still in Classical if you're not teching up too fast), and integrate the colony right away.

I think you may be missing the point of colonies if you want a city 16 tiles from your capital to be a regular city. You may as well not play with colonies on! And lo and behold - that's exactly what you can do.

I don't see how it would be weird at all. Conceptually, a colony is any city too far from your administrative center for you to keep in total control. The game may set you up as an immortal, omnipresent overlord, but it doesn't mean we have to role play that way. Mechanically, I would think you'd want a colony. After all, you only want that spot for the natural wonder - and not necessarily the city. A colony is meant to give you that spot without all the hassle of having a city! But that's an option I'll definitely add for you.

Now, I'm not saying I'm not open to ideas, but I get the feeling that a lot of complaints are founded upon a misunderstanding as to the purpose of colonies - which is, first and foremost, to add an extra layer of strategic and conceptual depth to the game, and two, to make one-purpose cities (like those for a specific resource or natural wonder) set and forget.

Colonies - like Piety, and like Crimes and Sovereignty to come - are supposed to act as both a penalty and a bonus, depending upon your circumstances. Like the design of many of my civs, they're meant to pick you up out of your typical routines - for surely that's the purpose of mods! At least, that's the purpose of mine. And if you don't like that, at least appreciate that I've gone to extra effort to accomodate as many different tastes as possible - with the Great Magistrate/Dignitary to annex Colonies into the empire, and with the possibility to disable Colonies/distance-based Colonies/Colonist-based Colonists outright. Please remember that, and remember that I've stated that I intend to work on adding the requested option of having colonies settled based on a distance from your nearest city, before you bemoan my work. In a word, it is frustrating to read, and it makes me wonder if the extra options are worthwhile.

Meanwhile, on a balance front, how are people finding Loyalty? Too easy to maintain? Too hard?

Also, I think the Leonardo's Workshop is bugging out and giving upgrades to Helicopters and Mobile SAMS. Can anyone confirm?

I think you may be missing the point of colonies if you want a city 16 tiles from your capital to be a regular city. You may as well not play with colonies on! And lo and behold - that's exactly what you can do.

I don't see how it would be weird at all. Conceptually, a colony is any city too far from your administrative center for you to keep in total control. The game may set you up as an immortal, omnipresent overlord, but it doesn't mean we have to role play that way. Mechanically, I would think you'd want a colony. After all, you only want that spot for the natural wonder - and not necessarily the city. A colony is meant to give you that spot without all the hassle of having a city! But that's an option I'll definitely add for you.

Now, I'm not saying I'm not open to ideas, but I get the feeling that a lot of complaints are founded upon a misunderstanding as to the purpose of colonies - which is, first and foremost, to add an extra layer of strategic and conceptual depth to the game, and two, to make one-purpose cities (like those for a specific resource or natural wonder) set and forget.

Colonies - like Piety, and like Crimes and Sovereignty to come - are supposed to act as both a penalty and a bonus, depending upon your circumstances. Like the design of many of my civs, they're meant to pick you up out of your typical routines - for surely that's the purpose of mods! At least, that's the purpose of mine. And if you don't like that, at least appreciate that I've gone to extra effort to accomodate as many different tastes as possible - with the Great Magistrate/Dignitary to annex Colonies into the empire, and with the possibility to disable Colonies/distance-based Colonies/Colonist-based Colonists outright. Please remember that, and remember that I've stated that I intend to work on adding the requested option of having colonies settled based on a distance from your nearest city, before you bemoan my work. In a word, it is frustrating to read, and it makes me wonder if the extra options are worthwhile.

Meanwhile, on a balance front, how are people finding Loyalty? Too easy to maintain? Too hard?

Also, I think the Leonardo's Workshop is bugging out and giving upgrades to Helicopters and Mobile SAMS. Can anyone confirm?

Seems like someone settled a city surrounded by salt resources today... ;)

I would like to think we all appreciate the time and effort you put into these things. It is a very good mod, I believe it's more of a case of people saying before playing. Without actual screens (not saying you should get any) players will make assumptions about how far you can go before making colonies, and I would reckon the estimation may underscore then genuine value and point of colonies.

Unfortunately, I have had no time to play a full game. Entering the last 5 weeks of school, and there's no time for anything (maybe a minute of Fallout...)

Super Helicopters? :p How in earth does Leos Workshop make it that long without being built?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom