Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Leo's Workshop is definitely broken. It just upgraded Sweeden's Medieval military to GDRs and Helicopters. Lua log didn't show anything, so I assume it must be a logic error. Will manually removing it cause any unexpected errors, or should I be able to do it just by commenting the code out?

@JFD
Thanks. I'll report any more issues I find. Can't wait for Crimes, though!

Yep, Leo's Workshop is definitely broken. It just upgraded Sweeden's Medieval military to GDRs and Helicopters. Lua log didn't show anything, so I assume it must be a logic error. Will manually removing it cause any unexpected errors, or should I be able to do it just by commenting the code out?

Seeing this, too. In Misc/Lua/JFD_CCC_Misc_Functions, doesn't this line:

GameEvents.CityConstructed.Add(JFD_CCC_Misc_DaVinci)

Cause the function to be executed every time a city is built, causing all units to be upgraded? Think the intention is for this function to be executed once.

@Can't wait for Crimes, though!

Thank you - I really appreciate that :) Fair warning - the system will need balancing and will take some getting used to, but I think it offers a lot of flavour and a lot of opportunity for Sovereignty and Piety.

Seeing this, too. In Misc/Lua/JFD_CCC_Misc_Functions, doesn't this line:

GameEvents.CityConstructed.Add(JFD_CCC_Misc_DaVinci)

Cause the function to be executed every time a city is built, causing all units to be upgraded? Think the intention is for this function to be executed once.

That fires when a city finishes a building, and the code executes only if that building is Leonardo's Workshop. I dunno why it's upgrading the units right to the end, but I have a workaround that I'll implement in the next update.

No one wants to tell me their experiences with Loyalty? I've found it too easy to maintain in AI games, so I'll be bumping up the disloyalty from pop. So now's the time to protest.

I've never had the pleasure of getting that far to settling colonies. I'd do it on an earth map but it spawns city states and other civs directly next to me and I can't for the life of me figure out why it does that.

But that's not important, what is important is that I'm getting the Floating Gardens building on the turn after I found cities from CCC.

Hey so I am not exactly sure if I am missing an important game mechanic but I am unable to push any claims on a city-state to annex them.

When I finally get all five things needed for a medium claim I actually end up losing one of those things. Like Geneva wanted to be the same religion with me and we already were the same religion but it didn't seem to recognize that and Zurich wanted an active spy despite the fact that I had an active spy in the city.

Am I missing something or is it a bug? Also just wanted to let you know that despite this I am finding this mod to be absolutely awesome and I really appreciate all the hard work you are putting into these mods! I can't wait for Sovereignty and Crime!

CCC updated to v3:
  • Added the option to specify a set number of cities you must first own before a city will be founded as a colony (by a Settler).
  • Fixed the rogue tooltips appearing when hovering over the city name, intended for CBP.
  • Increased the disloyalty from Population to 5. Increased Loyalty from Constabularies and Police Stations to 10%.
  • Fixed TXT_KEY errors with the Altaic colony lists.
  • Drill Academy now requires a Governor's Mansion before it can be constructed (oversight).
  • Removed some rogue print statements.
  • Fixed an issue wherein Cities without a Loyalty value (i.e. regular cities) were occassionally going into resistance or flipping to Barbarians.
  • Fixed an issue wherein Leonardo Da Vinci was inventing insane future machines of death.
  • AI will no longer expend Great Dignitaries for Dignitaries every time (only if they have few Dignitaries).
  • Changed 'Colonist' promotion to 'Colonial Settler,' so that right-clicking the Colonist unit won't take you to the promotion's pedia.

Also, just FYI, Sovereignty will probably interact with Colonies further, if you're still worried about wanting to turn colonies back into cities. As for the dynamic city distance - again, I'll get to it (probably), but its at the

lowest priority atm, due to how much extra code it'll be. I still have to implement Fort Colonies somehow, so this was just a QoL update. But don't hesitate to request other options for colonies in the meantime.

After Crimes (and initial bug/balance catching), I may release this to the Steam Workshop. I expect this might be a bit more convenient when it comes to keeping track of smaller updates like this. Oh what a matyr your Modding Emperor is! :p

Also, anyone noticed any issues vis-a-vi the Culture line/Windmill changes and unique variants?

Hey so I am not exactly sure if I am missing an important game mechanic but I am unable to push any claims on a city-state to annex them.

When I finally get all five things needed for a medium claim I actually end up losing one of those things. Like Geneva wanted to be the same religion with me and we already were the same religion but it didn't seem to recognize that and Zurich wanted an active spy despite the fact that I had an active spy in the city.

Am I missing something or is it a bug? Also just wanted to let you know that despite this I am finding this mod to be absolutely awesome and I really appreciate all the hard work you are putting into these mods! I can't wait for Sovereignty and Crime!

The religion bug was caught at v2, but maybe you missed the update? Should definitely not be a problem in v3 anyway. Dunno about the Spy. If you experience the same issue after trying v3, please re-report it with your Lua log.

I've never had the pleasure of getting that far to settling colonies. I'd do it on an earth map but it spawns city states and other civs directly next to me and I can't for the life of me figure out why it does that.

But that's not important, what is important is that I'm getting the Floating Gardens building on the turn after I found cities from CCC.

A few posts back, Tarcisio suggested that this was caused by his Bulgarian civ, which he has since fixed. Otherwise, I've not experienced this from CCC.

I still got the floating gardens after his update, even with Bulgaria turned off. The only thing that stopped it was turning off CCC.

I did before if you missed it. I can load up this new version and see if it happens again then post new logs. Just in case these civs were updated after CCC was released on the 4th, in case they added some sort of incompatability. Tarcisio's Germany, Austria-Hungary, MC's Nubia and Makuria and Historical religions. Not counting the new Ottomans and Bulgaria.

Definitely some kind of mod conflict - I'm surprised your game isn't crashing at the very start, because something is preventing the Great Dignitary and Great Magistrate classes from registering. Perhaps try disabling ExCE? Nothing really jumps out from the database log a page back.

New game with the update, kept ExCE on and it didn't happen. Ran it for a few turns just to be sure. When it was happening it did it 3 times in a row. Logs just in case something else went wrong I didn't see. But hopefully all is well.

Attachments

• LoGs.7z
    24.9 KB · Views: 175
I actually really want Crime feature, because when I activate all great mods (well okay right now they not (yet?) compatible) game becoming little bit disballanced, and adding some negative feature will make it more ballnced. And hey I hope crime feature will make Constabulary and Police station more useful (I my games it's least proyrity buildings). Now I can only dream of feature that making military buildings useful for peacefull nations.

New game with the update, kept ExCE on and it didn't happen. Ran it for a few turns just to be sure. When it was happening it did it 3 times in a row. Logs just in case something else went wrong I didn't see. But hopefully all is well.

I'm afraid you'll have to disable some mods until you find the conflict. Database logs help little at this point :/

I actually really want Crime feature, because when I activate all great mods (well okay right now they not (yet?) compatible) game becoming little bit disballanced, and adding some negative feature will make it more ballnced. And hey I hope crime feature will make Constabulary and Police station more useful (I my games it's least proyrity buildings). Now I can only dream of feature that making military buildings useful for peacefull nations.

Unit morale system it is :p

Would be fun if claims and colonies interacts with some WC resolution like decolonization or sphere of influence

Would be, but those resolutions are Pope Gazebo's domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom