[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Barnaxus gives his "stars" to all other golems?!? Good Lord! I am thankful that he doesn't give his other promotions (shock, etc.) to new golems, or I might have to change civilizations...

Cave of the Ancestors still doesn't do anything. :(

The new "Sprawling" traits is fantastic. It screams Guardian of Nature and Cultural or Domination victory.

Should dual commentary/bug reports like this go here or in the bug thread?

Posted by Kael earlier:

4. Settlements have a much lower chance to found religions.[/QUOTE]

I tell you what, i first went after the usual Fellowship and i was three turns away from getting it when "poof" another civ got it, so i went after Octopus and was five turns away, i said heck no ones after Ashen so i tried that , i was two techs behind for that, and the Order well again two techs behind. So if you want any good Religion, with the new tech tree you had better go after it right away, of course this is only my experience. Have fun playing:cool:

Thorvald said:
Barnaxus gives his "stars" to all other golems?!? Good Lord! I am thankful that he doesn't give his other promotions (shock, etc.) to new golems, or I might have to change civilizations...
thread?

He doesn't have to, believe you me. I just did a game as the Luchuirp, and let me tell you that it's not much that can daunt your army when it consists of a bunch of Strength 6 Wood Golems with Combat V around the time when the enemy resists you mostly with, oh, say, Archers and Warriors, and maybe some Axemen if he's lucky.

It's downright nasty and brutal to march all over them. :p I'm almost, almost inclined to say it's a bit overpowered. The only thing keeping me from doing it is that I really like the idea. :-D

Cheers!

Quick issue...I'm not sure if something's wrong with my vanilla (but I don't think this happens when I win a game there), but everytime I win FFH, the game tells me that my movies aren't installed correctly and then I CTD. Any suggestions?

Aside from that minor issue, it's a great mod folks! Well done!

Thorvald said:

Cave of the Ancestors still doesn't do anything. :(

Oops, it will be fixed in todays patch.

The new "Sprawling" traits is fantastic. It screams Guardian of Nature and Cultural or Domination victory.

Should dual commentary/bug reports like this go here or in the bug thread?

The bug thread is probably a better place.

All of my animals in a carnival ESCAPED?!?!

If that's a random event then it's hilarious Kael, and I was laughing out loud, but what a major PITA. Is there something that affects this?

Edit: 10 turns later they escaped again... it wasn't funny this time.

Kael,

Is there any possibility to change the starting units ? World builder ? FfH editor ?

The Frog.

hi guys,
this mod is fantastic, you are doing a great job.

but i have a problem with this new version.

i install it as i installed the previous versions, i install the patch and wait for the mod to load. then i select play game, choose all game parameters (continents, difficulty, civlization and so on) and then i play.

but all the land is barren (no resources on it) i have to research all techs (no matter those my civ starts with) and the game ends after 15-20 turns sayng someone else had a time victory.

as i said, i played normally and had a lot of fun with the previous release, can someone help me?

Hian the Frog said:
Kael,

Is there any possibility to change the starting units ? World builder ? FfH editor ?

The Frog.

Starting units are in the editor in the civilization page.

Mr.Morn said:
hi guys,
this mod is fantastic, you are doing a great job.

but i have a problem with this new version.

i install it as i installed the previous versions, i install the patch and wait for the mod to load. then i select play game, choose all game parameters (continents, difficulty, civlization and so on) and then i play.

but all the land is barren (no resources on it) i have to research all techs (no matter those my civ starts with) and the game ends after 15-20 turns sayng someone else had a time victory.

as i said, i played normally and had a lot of fun with the previous release, can someone help me?

No idea. You may want to try the following:

1. Rename your 'customassets' directory to 'customassets.old' incase you have conflicting files in there.

2. Reinstall Civ4.

3. Reinstalled FallfromHeaven2013b.exe.

felwar said:
All of my animals in a carnival ESCAPED?!?!

If that's a random event then it's hilarious Kael, and I was laughing out loud, but what a major PITA. Is there something that affects this?

Edit: 10 turns later they escaped again... it wasn't funny this time.

:lol:

It's funny when it happens to someone else! ;)

Barnaxus questions:

1. There is still a great engineer named Barnaxus, which is a small conflict with the Lurchip Golem Unit.

2. Is the Barnaxus unit supposed to have any abilities? He doesn't seem to automatically gain experience like other heroes, nor does he have specials powers.

edboltz said:
Barnaxus questions:

1. There is still a great engineer named Barnaxus, which is a small conflict with the Lurchip Golem Unit.

2. Is the Barnaxus unit supposed to have any abilities? He doesn't seem to automatically gain experience like other heroes, nor does he have specials powers.

Barnaxus's may indirectly be the most powerful hero in the game. He has 2 special abilities.

1. Even though he is a golem he can earn xp and level.

2. Any combat promtoions Barnaxus gets are shared with all goelsm in his empire. In other words if you get Barnaxus up to combat 5, then all golems you own will start with combat 5!

I noticed that Catapults (all Siege Engines?) and Golems can no longer take advantage of the Haste spell. Was this changed so that only organic units are affected?

Lobsterboy said:
I noticed that Catapults (all Siege Engines?) and Golems can no longer take advantage of the Haste spell. Was this changed so that only organic units are affected?

Yes as it is body magic it only affects living units in the newest version.

Is it just me, or is it a tad weird that Golems are affected by fear ? The mighty Luchuirp golem army ground to a halt facing Acheron because none of the golems had the guts to attack him.. :p

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobsterboy

Yes as it is body magic it only affects living units in the newest version.

In playing a game last night I cast haste on my stack which included a Great Bard and the bard did not get the Haste spell placed on him, was that also intentional? or should he have recieved it too.

Nimbus said:
In playing a game last night I cast haste on my stack which included a Great Bard and the bard did not get the Haste spell placed on him, was that also intentional? or should he have recieved it too.

Yeah, this is just a definition issue. Settlers, workers, great people, etc all show up as "not alive" because they haven't been classified at all. Basically the function checks for all of the conditions it knows about and if the unit doesn't fit any it doesn't allow it. I could add an exception in but the "is alive" check is run in a ton of places (can you turn a great artist into a werewolf, can you charm one, can you take control of one with an inquisitor, can they get diseased, etc etc).

Top Bottom