CivRev Story

10DeadInside10

Chieftain
So last week I was at work doing my usual, and I call my girlfriend to say hi. She's already at my house, but I'm still at work. I tell her to watch TV or something until I get off. She has been dreading the release of CivRev because she knows I'll be playing it non-stop.

So anyways! Just being curious, I tell her to play CivRev and try it out, see if she likes it. She says "I don't want to play that dumb game. It looks so boring." I kept pushing CivRev on her telling her to just try it, if she doesn't like it she can just turn it off.

So that was at about 6PM. I get off of work at 8PM and come home, I get in the house and it's dead quiet in the house, all the lights are off and just a faint light upstairs. I figure she and my mom must have went to the store really quick or something. I finally get upstairs, and go in my room, and I see my girlfriend playing CivRev. She has catapult armies all lined up outside of an enemy city, and she has all these huge cities. She had already defeated one country, and was half way through another.

Apparently she liked Civ. :goodjob:

Classic! :D Sometimes it just takes that one game to give someone the gaming bug.

I have a similar story. My wife had never been a gamer. Years ago, I got her addicted to Diablo. She LOVED it! Over time she moved on to other games like Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast and eventually Everquest.

She was totally addicted. I can remember waking up to go to work and she was just going to bed. She bought a laptop so she could two box the game and eventually started boosting and spending real money for in game content. She spent more time on that game then we did with each other. We got divorced in 2005. :)

Careful what you wish for. In my case, it was an inevitability regardless of the gaming. But I get the chills whenever I hear about people who successfully get a significant other addicted to their hobby.

Classic! :D Sometimes it just takes that one game to give someone the gaming bug.

I have a similar story. My wife had never been a gamer. Years ago, I got her addicted to Diablo. She LOVED it! Over time she moved on to other games like Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast and eventually Everquest.

She was totally addicted. I can remember waking up to go to work and she was just going to bed. She bought a laptop so she could two box the game and eventually started boosting and spending real money for in game content. She spent more time on that game then we did with each other. We got divorced in 2005. :)

Careful what you wish for. In my case, it was an inevitability regardless of the gaming. But I get the chills whenever I hear about people who successfully get a significant other addicted to their hobby.

Wow...that went from :), to :lol:, to :eek:, to :(

I got my wife interested in video games as well. Fortunately, she likes short puzzle games (Lumines, Puzzle Quest), or games she can play with me (Guitar Hero, Lego-anything). Plus she has her crafting hobby. And if my wife ever asks me why I don't craft with her, I'm bringing up this story. ;)

Yeah no kidding! :lol:

LOL. I am sorry. After I posted it I realized what a downer that looked like! :lol:

I didn't mean to ruin the party. Honestly, most people can curb their habits and find balance. My girlfriend is not a gamer, but she appreciates it and understands why I like them. Honestly, I think that she appreciates them more as an art form which most non gamers miss the point on entirely. Because of my history, I am glad she is not a gamer. Having different interests keeps the relationship fresh.

Again, I apologize. Odds are the biggest problem you will run into is getting your turn to play! :)

I've always thought that there is a game for everyone out there. So many folks act like they don't like video games, but it's my opinion that they just haven't found the one for them.

My wife wouldn't touch Civ:Rev, but she's started playing Lego Indiana Jones with our son recently. It's forgiving enough not to frustrate noobies.

No suprise that she got addicted to CivRev. It takes a more-hardcore gamer focused game and makes it more non-gamer freindly:)

Top Bottom