Is Carving Our Beloved Planet Earth Possible?

France

Chieftain
Greetings.
I have thought that Sid Meier's Civilization V would introduce variety of great & wonderful experiences.
A note I always kept to myself is how poorly done the 'Earth' map is.
Of course it is not that bad, but only that Great Britain & Ireland are conjoined and weigh only six hexes.
This has bothered me for so long.
For starters; I know it is hard work, but honestly; this game is about actual real-life civilizations. Why not a real-life Earth?
Anyways; I believe it is rather difficult to carve Great Britain, Ireland, Brittany, (etc.) out of one hex/es.
Yes. I am suggesting that some actual land from our Earth be carved as a natural wonder. Only that it doesn't have to be a 'natural wonder' in the way it provides additional gold or culture (etc.).
It could simply be a carved with detail like (example) Lake Victoria.
Got it?
I would only want to know if this can be done, AND why it already hasn't.
Thank you all, and have a wonderful day!

Thank you, but of course I already did that in the Steam Workshop; silly!
For second response though; I was shocked to find this;
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads/northatlanticpic_2n8.png
I loved it!
It resembles much of Sven's Europe! Which is my absolute favourite map ever!
& This just might be my second --> going to first. Thanks for pointing that out to me; :goodjob:.
Though; my question is still dusted; I would like to how I can help to do such a thing.
How do you graphically carve out an island (etc.)?
What I am trying to say is; if I were to try to carve Great Britain as a natural wonder; where would I begin?
Thanks; again!:king:

The Explorers DLC also has some maps that are regions in the real world. (But I got the DLC for the scripts instead since luxuries were very sparse on the earth region maps.)

Steam Workshop obviously has a lot of Earth map mods, some are very good ones like the YNAEMP (Yet not another earth map pack) mod.

I do agree that the Earth map is terrible, on huges map I will say it is better, but on small maps there are some issues such as the Mediterranean sea becoming completely sealed off from the Atlantic, Great Britan being one hex (Seriously?) and Ireland is sunk so yeah... no Ireland. Although the Americans are well done, Europe is just horrible.

Edit: Oh I should just say that the Earth maps atm have a ridiculous amount of Luxary resources in one area (Have you seen how much Cotton is Right of Egypt?!)

You mean make your own tile art? That's a question for the modding forum. If you don't know how to do 3d modeling, you have a lot of reading ahead of you. Like a huge effort to the point that it doesn't seem worth it.

Is there any limit on how large a custom map can be? It seems like it would be easier to just scale up an existing Earth map to ridiculous proportions to improve the level of detail using the existing tile art.

Top Bottom