Trading with Civ-States

tbplayer59

Chieftain
How does one get a resource from a City State Allie?
I'm in current need of uranium. One of my long time CS allies has plenty of it. I can't negotiate a trade, so how do get it to turn lose of it?

Thanks.

If they are your current ally, then they automatically grant it to you (but you can't trade it away, it's just there for you to use for building nukes/nuclear plants).

If you are not seeing it in your inventory, then perhaps it's because they haven't mined the tile with the uranium yet. If the city-states don't have Atomic Theory yet, they might not even know it's there. You could wait for them to improve it, send a worker to improve it yourself, or pay them I think 200 gold to improve it immediately.

If the CS has already mined a strategic resource tile (uranium, aluminum, or coal) but doesn't have the required tech for that resource, you are out of luck until the CS researches the required tech (even though you can see the eerie green glow of uranium, it is still functionally invisible to the CS).

If the tile is not yet mined, you can do a 200-gold gift to cause the CS to instantly mine the tile, in which event you get the resource (even though the CS still hasn't researched the required tech).

When I click on the city state, I get an info panel that has their resources. It says Uranium (3). Does that mean they've mined it or they just have the tile?

If the tile is not yet mined, you can do a 200-gold gift to cause the CS to instantly mine the tile, in which event you get the resource (even though the CS still hasn't researched the required tech).

Is that 200 gold over and above what it takes to make them an ally? This particular CS is making me crazy because Carthaginian spies keep rigging elections and I have to give a bunch of gold to get them back as my ally. Then it happens again. I put a spy there, but they fail at rigging the elections. So, more gold.

And I think I can give only 250, 500 and 1000. How can I give 200?

Yes, the 200 gold is above and beyond what it takes to ally them. If you go to the diplo screen for that CS, there is a make-a-gift option that allows you to make a 200-gold gift to improve a resource tile that is inside the CS's culture borders.

And make sure they actually have the uranium in their territory. I've had several games where the screen said they had uranium (or aluminum, etc.), but it was one tile outside of their territory (which they had not expanded to yet).

Oh, it was inside their territory, and now I have me an atomic bomb. Watch it Atilla! Watch it Napolean! Just who do you think you're denouncing? LOL

Top Bottom