No espionage

Blukerbeh

Chieftain
Despite espionage being enabled in the game, post-renaissance era there are no spies or diplomats able to be found. This is actually really annoying because my favorite win type in the game is the diplomacy win, but I can't trade AI Civs for world congress and there's no point in discovering certain technologies other than to simply get through them because reducing spy-stealing rate is redundant if there are no spies to be found. That being said, I do have some steam mods at work in singleplayer, but none of them even touch on espionage at all:

Artificial Unintelligence Lite
Reforestation
Promotions - Expansion Pack
Really Advanced Setup
Faster Aircraft Animations
Quick Turns
No Instaheal
InfoAddict
The Goths (BNW or GK)
Ethnic Units
Barbarians - Unlimited Exp
The Kingdom of Italy (Victor Emmanuel III)

Also, this is Version 1.0.3.279 if that helps

If you start up an unmodded game (for example, a Renaissance Era start), do you still get no spies? If so, you have a borked installation. In that case, I would advise revalidating your game files through Steam, or, if necessary, reinstalling.

If, however, as I suspect, you get spies in an unmodded game (everyone else does), it is a mod problem. Even if the mods don't purport to have anything to do with espionage, they can still screw up the game, if not well written or if two mods conflict.

Top Bottom