[BTS] Fictionalization IV

I have a problem with your mod crashing to the desktop. I don't know why I'm having that issue. Before I could not even start a game of it for a while for some reason which disappeared when I made sure I had a single .ini file in the folder by deleting one.
Great mod; I like the idea of it and I have a suggestion
Add a wonder called Alliance with Starfleet that allows you to produce certain heroes
and to represent other shows you can have different Alliances.
Off the top of my head I can think up a couple such as
Alliance with the High Guard (Starship Andromeda)
Alliance with Knight Industries (Knight Rider)
Alliance with Galactica (Battlestar Galactica)
Alliance with the Cylons (Battlestar Galactica)
Alliance with RoboCo (Fallout 3)
Alliance with Cyberdyne (Terminator)
Alliance with the Go'auld (Stargate SG-1)
Alliance with the Guild (Fable)
Alliance with Zakarum (Diablo)
Alliance with the Jedi (Star Wars)
Alliance with the Sightless Eye (Diablo)
Alliance with MI6 (James Bond)
Alliance with the Lin-Kuei (Mortal Kombat)
Alliance with the Orks (Warhammer)

I just adore the concept of this mod - still haven't properly installed it yet, but will be doing so soon for a test drive.

Sorry re: above, missed that you already had the Tower of Babel.

More possibilities:

This Prydain reference ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prydain ) - if not for an entire civilization, perhaps some good things can be added to the Celts or the British from it.

A Great Artist, if you haven't already got him: The Phantom Of The Opera.

And how about an American M*A*S*H unit as a UU - maybe something like an Explorer unit with all the medic promotions?

A fictional Great Prophet: St. Urho (details here: http://www.sainturho.com/ )

Alternate military history includes all sorts of German units and inventions that never made it in this reality. The one that was always my gamer group's favorite was the Big Bertha / Dora guns - massive artillery capable of firing over the English Channel...

As a Buffy fan I have to suggest the Watcher's Council as a wonder of some sort. Perhaps it could spawn heroes, the way the old King Richard's Crusade did?
the Dora and the Big Bertha guns r real see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bertha_(howitzer)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwerer_Gustav

What about, a Microsoft empire? Like, if Bill Gates used his money to buy up an empire and run it himself or something. I don know :p

Downloading...
Actually, I'm unzipping it now...

Kudos. I really like this mod a lot. I haven't had much time to play but so far it's really enjoyable. Thanks and keep up the good work!:)

Alternate military history includes all sorts of German units and inventions that never made it in this reality. The one that was always my gamer group's favorite was the Big Bertha / Dora guns - massive artillery capable of firing over the English Channel...

actually all quoted weapons have been built and used in reality:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railway_gun
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-Channel_guns_in_the_Second_World_War
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bertha_(howitzer)

Most of those secret nazi weapons later became reality in other ways... at the end of the day they were just trying to build more efficient weapon systems (guided rokets, atomic bomb, ICBM, reaction engines for aircrafts, etc.).

In general, for the MOD, I think we need to take care of balancing and don't add too many useless or duplicated units.
Maybe we could have more UUs so that the various Civs will be much more "special". :)

What about, a Microsoft empire? Like, if Bill Gates used his money to buy up an empire and run it himself or something. I don know :p
maybe it will be ok to have it as a corporation (as it is).
In terms of bonus it could consume reasearch (less bulbs produced in the town) to produce gold. :)

So, while I've been busy with leaderheads, The_J has been working on his respawning program. So in the next update you'll see four new heroes and two updated ones with this trait.

Right now, I'm trying to think of more wonders I could add. Mainly, I could use wonders that are either from older sources like mythology or folklore, or are non-western, because I'm worried the mod might be a bit Amero/Euro-centric right now. Hopefully I'll find wonders from fiction that can replace the regular game's wonders.

Here's the list of the wonders I have so far, not including the Alliances. A good deal of them are based either on Firaxis wonders or tsentom's python wonders. I've listed the original wonder where appropriate.

Spoiler :
Camelot - Forbidden Palace
Cockaigne
El Dorado
Galt's Gulch - Sydney Opera House*
Greyfriars School
Heorot - Himeji*
Hogwarts
Interzone
Iram of the Pillars - Djenne*
Labyrinth - Templo Mayor*
Metropolis - Public Works*
Ministry of Love - Mt. Rushmore
Monster Park - Moai Statues
R'lyeh
Stargate - Sphinx*
The Abbey of Theleme - Shwedagon Paya
The Diogenes Club - Scotland Yard
The Hall of Justice - The United Nations
The Pool of Kor - The Hanging Gardens
The Statue of Valentine Michael Smith
The Tower of Babel - Ishtar*
Venusberg - The Sistine Chapel
Xanadu - Hermitage

*tsentom wonder

There are some wonders that I want to keep from the original game, such as the Pyramids (I have an event attached to it that creates Imhotep, from The Mummy), but most others are fair game. And make sure they can be represented as buildings, not natural formations or concepts in the "King Richard's Crusade" or "Da Vinci's Workshop" or "X's Y" format. I'm already planning several natural formations in the vein of FFH's Unique Features, and I just never warmed to the latter - it seems a bit necessary in a game with Great People and Heroes. I'm assuming that's why Firaxis dropped them from Civ 4

Here's some guidance

Ideas?

Some more brainstorming. I'm more creative than computer in nature so I apologize if any of these would be difficult or impossible to code into the existing framework of the game. And obviously you may not like some or all of them. (Also apologies if any of these have already been suggested somewhere and I missed it.)

Bermuda Triangle
World Wonder.

Requires: some sort of conspiracy-related or magic-related tech; seafaring, a coastal city to be built in.

Enemy ships within X plots of the city it is built in have a 50% chance of being lost at sea (destroyed) every turn they stop there. Enemy aircraft entering the zone have a 25% chance of being destroyed as well.

Could be obsoleted by some sort of advanced navigation technology (satellites?)

Fountain Of Youth
World Wonder

Requires: At least one Explorer unit, city with a river or Oasis plot.

Provides a large :health: and :) bonus for the city in question... possibly some gold as well... but modifies the AI's victory conditions to make capturing that particular city a much higher priority.

Trojan Horse
World Wonder.
Requires: Construction.

Creates a unique Trojan Horse unit, which can carry Cargo of troops and is invisible to enemies. It can disgorge those troops as if they were committing an amphibious assault except that that particular assault ignores City Walls and gets a bonus to attack.

High Brazil (Yes this is from the movie Erik The Viking).
World Wonder.
Requires: Democracy? And a city on an island? (Or at least a coast)

City where this is built has no unhappiness, a culture bonus, and a one time Great Artist. If a battle is ever fought within its city radius, it is razed.

Liedenbrock's Voyage (from Journey To The Center Of The Earth)
World Wonder.
Requires: Alphabet, and either an explorer unit or a Great Scientist. City with a mountain plot.

Provides a one time :science: boost. Moves the Explorer/Scientist to a random spot on another continent. Creates another trade route. Discover one mineral resource (gold, gems, silver, bronze, iron, coal, uranium, etc.) near the building city.

Hmm... well, there's Iron Town from Miyzaki's Princess Mononoke - pretty famous movie in Japan. It's a tad basic - I mean, for all intents and purposes it's just a fancy Ironworks - but... I dunno. Maybe. I mean, the people had gunpowder weapons, and the story seems to take place during the pre-gunpowder era in Japan, but I'm not too sure. Maybe.

Uhh... the Paris Opera from Phantom of the Opera? Oh, wait, too Euro-centric, huh? Interesting idea, though.

Mythology? How about Onigashima from the legend of Momotaro? The island where all of the demons lived. Granting you... uhh... something? I dunno. That might be stretching the definition of "Wonder" a bit, too. Momotaro himself might be a good Hero unit, though, if you needed any ideas for those.

AH! How 'bout the City of Brass, from One Thousand and One Nights? The legendary city where Solomon... I dunno, something about capturing demons or something. The story has a lot of futuristic elements to it - there are robots, really - so maybe a replacement for the Oracle to reflect it's advanced technology? Or some other kind of ancient tech booster.

That's all I got. Hopefully it helps some.

The Yellow Brick Road
You could adopt the Via Appia wonder for this...

Dr. Faustus' Workshop: Adds :science: to the city, and maybe a :), but purges all religions from it?

Good suggestions all. I might have a place for the City of Brass.

I'm always looking for replacements to the regular game's wonders. Speaking of whic, I've decided to replace The Kremlin and The Great Lighthouse with the Penal Colony from the Kafka story of the same name and Ryugu-jo from Japanese folklore, respectively.

The main file is moved to atomic gamer, butthe patch link is still down, is that patch still required?

Hey, this looks interesting, unfortunately, I cannot download from Atomic Gamer at all.

Could you reupload this on Filefront?

It looks very cool.

I like this mod but there's a lot of errors, Like in diplomacy much of the dialogue is broken. e.g. AI_DIPLO_REJECT_LEADER_ and the NO_DEAL error for almost all leader, also the stargate has a missing help description aswell

Top Bottom