Question for Beginner

FORVM

Chieftain
I was hoping to get help on an issue I've been facing with my CIV game. I'm a new player, so please excuse me if this is basic, but I can't quite seem to figure out how to completely defeat Bismarck. In my current game, Bismarck was the host of the United Nations and after a war with him, and my subsequent defeat of all of his cities, he doesn't appear to have been destroyed like other CIVs I've conquered. In the statistics section, it shows that he has 0 population, but an army strength of 20k, but he has no land (or at least that I can see...) Am I missing something, or is this a common glitch?

Many thanks in advance for any responses.

Moderator Action: Moved to Civ V - General Discussions.

I think there is a setting in the preferences that is for "complete kills" or something like that. If that is checked, it means that even though you take every one of his cities, you also need to kill each unit. It's possible that there is one German unit wandering around somewhere and you need to find it and kill it.

If you didn't check that option, then I'm not sure what's going on. Is all the fog gone and can you see the entire map? If not, it's possible he sneaked out a settler and settled somewhere that you can't see.

This is actually to your benefit. All you need is his capital to win a domination victory and the AI really hate you if you completely destroy someone. Without cities or population he will quickly fall behind in science and lose his city states and World Congress leader status. I'd just leave him personally.

Top Bottom