Liberated Civs dont like you??

exactly you resurect a civ that was previously destroyed, and they declare war on you several turns later?? then you simply smash them into the dirt again and call it good, thats not exactly playing to win to me...

Sick of the AI playing to win. Sick of the AI attacking everyone around it. I can't even make peace with ghandi...

Cause peace won't bring him uber props from his friends for his steam achievements:mischief:

Has been reported as bug :(.

Yes, one of about 1000. I have to wonder if this game had much real playtesting. Clearly this game was rushed to market at least 2 months early.

Hopefully, there will be enough patches and at least the drastic bugs will be fixed.

I once liberated Washington, and two turns later he starts moaning that my troops(who are still busy liberating his empire) are too close to his borders, and that I should just attack instead of hiding in the shadows. Furthermore he just jams insults in my face every so often. :dubious:
If this is how liberated civ's act they should just remove this feature altogether, there is no reason to liberate civs at all except if you enjoy a fresh round of ungrateful insults from your weakling neighbours every few turns.

Liberated civs should be a potential best friend forever tbh, it's not like they would have a chance of winning anyway after being gone from the global stage for so long.

AI should not "Play to win"; the AI should 1st "Play to Survive" like the city states are ment to

So before it does anything it should think "will help me survive" then think "could I gain from this" if yes on both do it

to finish 1st, 1st you must finish

I think the AI in that case is playing to win in a global sense, i.e. all the AIs against you, the major aggressor. A liberated civ with 1 city won't win by becoming hostile to you, but it will help the remaining civs win by being a (small) obstacle in your path.

I initally liked Civ 5 when it came out, now the game has just become predictable. I miss the AI playing like a real civilisation rather than to 'win'.

The whole idea of civilisation, to me, was to be realistic, immersive and too feel as though I was actually leading a nation spanning history; now it just feels like a 'game.'

I still like civ 5 but i feel it will be resigned to the cupboard of by-gone games fairly soon. Unless some patches fix the major flaws, I shall not be buying any expansion packs and probably not any more civ games unless user reviews are amazing.

Top Bottom