More Civilisations

A follow up to Nubia's decisions, they work but the code for the pyramid decision is unfinished. It worked fine after I finished it though. Couple of odd bugs, I was unable to build anymore Apedemak Archers after a certain point in time, towards the end of the Ancient era I think. I had to wait until I could build composite bowmen to train ranged units again. Is there a certain point when you can't build Royal Pyramids anymore? I noticed I couldn't build anymore in the modern era.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog:

• Added music themes
  • Fixed Diplo Lines
  • Fixed UB bug with Culture Overview
  • Changed UU to Vanator

Subscribe | Download

Thanks for making/updating civs to be at least compatible/referencing CBP/CBO (that's a lot of ors) :D

But if I'm allowed to ask, will there eventually be a Siam Split? (seeing as how Sukritact is from Bangkok)

On the Gauls: the decision Elect a Verrix shows again as enactable in the same era in which I already enacted it once. Believe it's supposed to be capped at once per era?

Btw, love this civ, only wish there were more hills

I am having trouble with getting the Greece Split and Oman to work with YNAEMP v24. Those civs are not showing up on the selection screen for the giant earth map. I can't imagine there would be any mod compatibility issues. What can I do to resolve this issue?
Here are my logs:
View attachment logs.zip

I come bearing LUA errors for all, since that's the code I don't know how to fix myself, probably because it looks like math and I'm allergic to math.

Code:
[159868.890] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\MC's Makuria (v 3)\Lua/MakuriaCode.lua:101: attempt to index local 'g_activePlayer' (a number value)
stack traceback:
	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\MC's Makuria (v 3)\Lua/MakuriaCode.lua:101: in main chunk
	=[C]: ?
[159868.890] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\MC's Makuria (v 3)\Lua/MakuriaCode.lua.

On another note, is there any chance Sabea will join Nabatea anytime soon? It's been so quiet lately plus I'm not sure what's left on the pre Civ 6 list besides Sabea and the Celts.

I come bearing LUA errors for all, since that's the code I don't know how to fix myself, probably because it looks like math and I'm allergic to math.

Code:
[159868.890] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\MC's Makuria (v 3)\Lua/MakuriaCode.lua:101: attempt to index local 'g_activePlayer' (a number value)
stack traceback:
	C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\MC's Makuria (v 3)\Lua/MakuriaCode.lua:101: in main chunk
[159868.890] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\MC's Makuria (v 3)\Lua/MakuriaCode.lua.

On another note, is there any chance Sabea will join Nabatea anytime soon? It's been so quiet lately plus I'm not sure what's left on the pre Civ 6 list besides Sabea and the Celts.

Try this:

Code:
		local numResourceAvailable = Players[g_activePlayer]:GetNumResourceAvailable(resource.ID, true)

although tbh it doesn't look as if that line does anything anyway - numResourceAvailable isn't used anywhere else in the file, let alone in that function.

*Urdvulture sounds*

Almost:
Code:
[164228.171] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\MC's Makuria (v 3)\Lua/MakuriaCode.lua:101: attempt to index global 'resource' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[164228.171] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\MC's Makuria (v 3)\Lua/MakuriaCode.lua.

Almost:
Code:
[164228.171] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\MC's Makuria (v 3)\Lua/MakuriaCode.lua:101: attempt to index global 'resource' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[164228.171] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD\Civilizations\MC's Makuria (v 3)\Lua/MakuriaCode.lua.

Replace 'resource' on that line with 'tResource'.

Or even replace the whole bit with iResource, since

Code:
local iResource = tResource.ID

Vanntor lacks of its icon due to a texture cannot be loaded

Romania indeed has a typo in MC_Romania_IconTextureAtlases.xml
MC_VanatorUnitFlag_32.dds
should be:
MC_VinatorUnitFlag_32.dds

I still have a problem of not being able to train Vanators in my cities, only upgrade from crossbows. Also not sure how the UA is supposed to give culture from faith buildings?

Have a list of bugs for primarily some outdated civs... are there plans for a round of updates? Would be awesome if they could still get updated since you have created some very nice civs over the years that at the moment are imo too bugged to play with! Also, I saw there are some fixes created here and there already, but also for these would be nice to get integrated in the mod, since not so practical to everytime fix these mods manually when they get installed fresh again.

Attached all the logs.

Mercia:
- Decision: Call the Wizengamot: When pushing enact nothing happens (tried in multiple eras)
- UA: No Golden Age on declaring war on City-State (should UA say "only major civilizations"?). No Golden Age when you get declared war upon.
- UB: Minster doesn't show 2 Faith on pasture on map. Instead it just provides 1 Faith on building in city. Also no happiness from Minster when religion comes to the city
- UU: When Fyrd takes city, my golden age turns went from 25 to 152 (???)
- In general, I feel it's way too easy to get and stay in a Golden Age. Perhaps UA should be capped at just once per rival civ?

Gauls:
- Decision: Elect a Verrix: Shows again as enactable in the same era in which I already enacted it once
- UA: A resource does not register as a luxury resource that is tradable or counted toward happiness.

Nubia:
- No decisions. Solution found: "the LUA for the decisions needs to be set to 1 in the modinfo file"
- UI: Royal Pyramid not available at Masonry but Construction. Civilopedia mentions +1 Culture per every new era instead of +1 per 2 new eras in various civ descriptions. Neither happens though, when going to next era, the culture and faith is lost, instead of providing additional culture.
- UU: Apedemak Archer: Doesn't get +1 movement next to rivers

Calusa:
- No welcome text when first meeting

Thracians:
- Would be nice to have available on Steam for automatic install & update
- UA: Unit capturing the city does not receive the XP
- UU: Falxman: Has bonus vs mounted? In combat screen: the attack bonus shows as open terrain +25%?
- UU: Peltast: Doesn't get 15% adjancy bonus when stationed in city. In combat screen: the adjancy bonus shows as rough terrain bonus +15%? Unit shows 2 Javelin Warrior promtions instead of 1.
- Decisions: Almost identical, guess intentional, but feels a bit off.

Minoa:
- UA: Immediate Golden Age (big chance first city is on coast) is not beneficial. Why not Golden Age at Writing or something?

Buccaneers:
- No decisions
- Generally outdated

Ayyubids:
- No decisions
- Generally outdated
- Civilopedia: Unit Attributes: TXT_KEY_PROMOTION_JFD_AYYUBID
- UB: Madrasah: 10% faith into science not working. Also only 10% would be underwhelming.
- UU: Free mounted units have "great general +15% bonus" in combat window?

The Moors:
- UA: Only the culture bonus works, not the science bonus.
- UA: If playing with CiD and ExCE: does the new UA also work for new Great People (e.g. Great Scout, Great Doctor)

Greece Split: Sparta:
- UA: Requirement of needing a Great General not working. Every time capital grows infantry unit appears even when not having Great General. Solution: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/more-civilisations.494241/page-212
- UU: Hoplite. Just gets +20% defense bonus. Gets no other bonusses related to "attacking better together and defending better alone".

Greece Split: Pergamon:
- Decision: Error in "Altar"-decision - fix: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/more-civilisations.494241/page-213

I play with JFD's mods like CiD and EXCE and support for these would be great (e.g. Ayyubids immune to desert attrition?, Calusa immune to marsh attrition?), but also Enlightenment Era & Renaissance Era Revised. Not sure if all civs have or require support for them...?

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Ayyubids Madrasah.zip
    178.2 KB · Views: 182
  • Mercia-Fyrd-Golden Age 152 turns.zip
    257.9 KB · Views: 209
  • Mercia-Minster-Faith.zip
    236.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Mercia-Minster-Happiness.zip
    68.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Mercia-UA War.zip
    39.8 KB · Views: 190
  • Nubia-Apedemak Archer.zip
    98.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Nubia-Royal Pyramid.zip
    300.9 KB · Views: 198
  • Sparta UA.rar
    60.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Thracians UA XP.zip
    337.8 KB · Views: 193
Have a list of bugs for primarily some outdated civs... are there plans for a round of updates? Would be awesome if they could still get updated since you have created some very nice civs over the years that at the moment are imo too bugged to play with! Also, I saw there are some fixes created here and there already, but also for these would be nice to get integrated in the mod, since not so practical to everytime fix these mods manually when they get installed fresh again.
Absolutely, I'm not done with them just yet - I've just been real busy with uni and whatnot. Thanks for compiling all the issues in one place, it makes things a whole lot easier. Almost done on a Thrace update now, which should hopefully be up on Steam and here within an hour or two (but if not, then it'll be later tonight.)

A couple of them, like the Buccaneers, still have big issues that make things more difficult to update. In the case of the Buccaneers the UI model causes huge graphical glitches for users primarily with AMD graphics cards, but we've got no idea what causes that or how to fix it so short of a new model we're pretty much out of luck.

Absolutely, I'm not done with them just yet - I've just been real busy with uni and whatnot. Thanks for compiling all the issues in one place, it makes things a whole lot easier. Almost done on a Thrace update now, which should hopefully be up on Steam and here within an hour or two (but if not, then it'll be later tonight.)

A couple of them, like the Buccaneers, still have big issues that make things more difficult to update. In the case of the Buccaneers the UI model causes huge graphical glitches for users primarily with AMD graphics cards, but we've got no idea what causes that or how to fix it so short of a new model we're pretty much out of luck.

What was wrong with the old Thrace? I was unable to find an issue when I tested to see if the civ worked.

Top Bottom