JFD and Janboruta's Civilisations

Iirc, you can sell your original capital and loose due to domination victory.
I shall introduce them into my games once I obtain Denmark.

Didn't they change it with BNW so that the other person needs to have every capital? So presumably if your original capital isn't your capital anymore then you'd still have at least one original capital and thus a domination victory isn't achievable by anyone

Yes, you can sell it; but you won't automatically lose as to win a Domination Victory you need all capitals under your ownership. I'm fairly sure you can sell other original Capitals, as well - just not your current one. You wouldn't do this if you were aiming for a Domination Victory, and doing so otherwise just enables another civ to get closer to a Domination Victory themselves.

Didn't they change it with BNW so that the other person needs to have every capital? So presumably if your original capital isn't your capital anymore then you'd still have at least one original capital and thus a domination victory isn't achievable by anyone

I don't quite get what you're saying. Any new Capitals that you acquire do not change the fact of your original Capital being Rouen and your new Capital can only ever be someone else's original Capital. If you own all original Capitals, regardless of what your actual capital is specifically, you win a Domination Victory.

I don't quite get what you're saying. Any new Capitals that you acquire do not change the fact of your original Capital being Rouen and your new Capital can only ever be someone else's original Capital. If you own all original Capitals, regardless of what your actual capital is specifically, you win a Domination Victory.

That was in response to LastSword and was the same as the point you made in your post - to win a domination victory you need to have every capital in your possession, so selling your capital won't mean you lose to a domination victory.

Also, I noticed you have NZ on your list of WIP civs - why Holyoake? Seddon is a much better choice IMO

You're probably right, but, like with my Russia with Nicholas II, I'm opting for a personal preference over the best fit.

Oh, but reading a bit more about him; they're quite a few things I like. I might use him yet.

No, it was in GK too. (my bad, it was patched with BNW)

But you can conquer a capital city from player who already lost its original capital before*, then you will have 0 original capitals. Though I just wanted to point out that original capital will remain unchanged for curious ones. +I put info that original capital becomes tradable.

*unless trait description is misleading and it works only for original capitals, can't check.

Hi,the Papal state looks interesting, what about making it one-city-only, like Venice?

The Papal States does work to support a one-city style of play (i.e. a tall capital), but without the explicit restrictions that Venice has. I did this mostly because there is a limit to the number of Great Works a single city can hold, which makes it difficult to pursue a cultural victory.

I wasn't planning on it. The scenario Manchuria doesn't have any unique leader art; the main reason I've done the scenario ones is because I don't have to rely so much on others for the art.

I wasn't planning on it. The scenario Manchuria doesn't have any unique leader art; the main reason I've done the scenario ones is because I don't have to rely so much on others for the art.

Right, I'll take this one on then. How do you go about referencing the art that already exists from the scenarios? Is it as simple as copying portions of the XML code?

Oh, well, you didn't need to check with me for if you could make the civ; but I respect your ethic to do so nonetheless.

Right, I'll take this one on then. How do you go about referencing the art that already exists from the scenarios? Is it as simple as copying portions of the XML code?

Pretty much. The relevant info is all in KoreaScenario/NewCivilizations.xml, i.e.:

Code:
<DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_MANCHU</DefaultPlayerColor>
<MapImage>MapManchu360x410.dds</MapImage>
<PortraitIndex>1</PortraitIndex>
<IconAtlas>SEJONG_CIV_COLOR_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
<AlphaIconAtlas>SEJONG_CIV_ALPHA_ATLAS</AlphaIconAtlas>

Hello, pal. The MODs are wonderful, outstanding. I really love them. But they REALLY need to have the saved games issue fixed. Everytime I start Civ5BNW to play a saved game using one of your wonderful civs, it just do not load the game.

The guys who made the Patria Grande (South American civ's) MOD, don't have this issue. Maybe they could help you?

Thanks for your time and your work in making these MODs.

PS: Anothyer issue. You said in Steam Worshop Forums that you fixed the problem with the Swiss Guard not appearing... in this download, it still has the problem. ANd my Would you please be so kind to check this out? It's my new favorite civ. now.

Oh! And my disciples do not creat Great Works. :(

I will look at all of these issues when I can. Thanks for bringing them up. It's surprising that Norway is missing its alphas, as it should be using the alphas directly from the Denmark DLC.

I will look at all of these issues when I can. Thanks for bringing them up. It's surprising that Norway is missing its alphas, as it should be using the alphas directly from the Denmark DLC.

They might not have one, given the nature of the scenario

Top Bottom