Vicevirtuoso's Civilizations

Getting closer and closer to SQL-izing and adding Decisions/TSL support to all my Civs!

The front page is (again) a bit outdated in terms of Mediafire links; I will update them all once I'm finished.

Not at this time. Currently in the process of converting all of my Civs to SQL and adding Decisions/TSL support -- 6 left out of 25 to do. After that, the priority project is to finish adding the main features to Wish for the World.

Currently, I'd only do a new Civ if I had someone else to do all of the art and flavor text (city names, pedia entries, etc.) for me. I'd do the Lua/SQL implementation.

(Carrying over the conversation from the last thread.)

On the SG notification/MG overview: Excellent. This will save a lot of tears... both mine and my magical girls'. My only question (if it's even all that relevant) is: how will the overview be sorted and will I be able to see the promotions each girl has from this screen. I do apologize if I'm getting too specific by the way, and I would be willing to accept "wait and see" as an answer if you don't feel like explaining every detail.

On capital elimination for UM/DH/Pleiades: Makes sense. Guess I'll be breaking out the nukes for DH again. Her AI spams units like no tomorrow. And that's a good thing. ;)

On the SG notification/MG overview: Excellent. This will save a lot of tears... both mine and my magical girls'. My only question (if it's even all that relevant) is: how will the overview be sorted and will I be able to see the promotions each girl has from this screen. I do apologize if I'm getting too specific by the way, and I would be willing to accept "wait and see" as an answer if you don't feel like explaining every detail.

It'll have three windows:

Overview: Shows name, SG, and status. "Status" means active duty, Witch hunting, on a Vacation (coming soon), dead (yes, MGs that are dead are going to remain on this overview), Witched out, etc. You'll have a button to use a Grief Seed directly from the overview, or to close the overview while selecting and centering the camera on the MG.

Status: Individual MG's status which will show their Personality Traits, Likes/Dislikes, Loyalty, and Relationships. (That last one probably won't be implemented by the time of the next update.)

Skill Tree: Individual MG's skill list. This is likely going to be in the final major update before I consider the mod out of beta, since we have serviceable "skills" already.

Alright, thanks! That should answer all my questions for now. Looking forward to these updates. :)

EDIT: Of course, a day later, while talking to a friend about your plans, I came up with yet another question. What specifically will being on vacation do? I would imagine doing something to recover soul gem status, but requiring being in a city with one of the entertainment buildings present.

SQL/TSL/Decisions support is live for all Civs! OP will be updated shortly. Now it's time to get back to work on WFTW, since I can't seem to reproduce the bugs with the MSF.

EDIT: Of course, a day later, while talking to a friend about your plans, I came up with yet another question. What specifically will being on vacation do? I would imagine doing something to recover soul gem status, but requiring being in a city with one of the entertainment buildings present.

Short summary of Vacation:

• Action for Magical Girls which can be used in friendly territory.
  • When used, they vanish from the map, like with Witch Hunt. However, it will last 5 turns instead of just one.
  • The Magical Girl picks a City to go on Vacation. This can be one of your Cities, or one of your opponents' Cities! The main factors which determine what City is picked are the distance between the City and your Civilization's Capital (this factor diminishes in importance as Eras pass), and the Tourism output of the Civilization.
  • The City's Entertainment affects how much of a Mood boost the Vacation gives her, how likely she is to make a second trip there in the future, and how much of an effect on Loyalty towards that Civilization the trip has.
  • If a Magical Girl's Loyalty towards another Civilization gets higher than that of your own, she defects to that Civilization.
  • Mood is affected by several factors (Vacations are one of the primary ways to boost it, and seeing Magical Girls get killed or Witched is an almost surefire way of seeing some XCOM-style panic) and affects the MG's Combat Strength and the rate of Soul Gem Corruption.
  • Demon Homura gets a certain mean option if she has Vacationers in her Cities. Doing so will make people not like her very much, but she can expend her Clara Dolls to induce worldwide amnesia of this particular type of meanness. Her AI values will also be updated -- she is still going to be quite the warmonger, but it will be toned down in favor of her having a heavy Tourism game.

My goodness, the amount of detail you're putting into WFTW is quite impressive! It might be a while until I get to try it (beta or not) but I will definitely look forward to it.

Here's hoping I can get it out of beta within the next two months. I'm not likely to do any more major revisions to my other mods, so now I'm going full speed ahead with it (with maybe the one Civ BE mod in the meantime).

Also, I actually found the issue with the MSF -- namely, that I had stuff in my local copy that I forgot to put in my project. :cry: It's fixed.

I basically just try to translate one aspect of a character per unique. How easy this ends up being depends on the character. Sometimes it's easy to come up with stuff (Sayaka), other times, not so much (Ocelot). I try to make as much use out of the G&K/BNW concepts such as Great Works as I can, almost precisely because they're so limited and hardcoded and need a little extra incentive to make them more interesting. I've got two Music-centric Civs and I could still come up with at least three more.

I wouldn't shoot for anything too terribly complex for my first mod. Try to keep it relatively simple. It can use Lua, but it would preferably be a simple PlayerDoTurn function that's easy to comprehend.

And some claim group apparently holds the rights to every series listed in the OP (yeah right), and thus my DDLs are down.

New DDLs will be put up on the Steam Workshop pages soon. Since only the files I had listed in the OP were taken down, I will no longer link them directly here.

Found a couple of orphaned Metal Gear Wiki citations and a malformed color tag in Naked Snake's text files. The former are just there in the Civilopedia entries, and a simple read-and-destroy in MSFGameText.xml. The latter needed a bit more tweaking; copy the below into MSFDialogText.xml where appropriate:

Code:
<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_LEADER_BIGBOSS_CAUGHT_YOUR_SPY_HOSTILE">
			<Text>
				[COLOR_WARNING_TEXT]!
				ALERT 99.99[ENDCOLOR]
			</Text>
		</Row>

Hey Vice, I haven't been able to find a thread for your IHC civ for Beyond Earth. Did I miss it, or have you not made one as of this time?

Hi, sorry for the bother, I tried the WFTW mod and really loved it, but I experienced a strange bug with it, I checked the 5 last pages of the thread to check it and apparently no one has had the same bug as I found
I'm really not sure if I'm doing something wrong, I just installed the required dependency (I have the complete edition of the game etc.), Wish for the World, the custom soundtrack, InfoAddict and ingameditor.

As soon as I met all the other 7 mahou shoujo (except two), I was instantly at war with them.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

And the strange thing is that they don't really act as if they were at war with me -- Nagisa even requested a friendship declaration with me despite being at war...
Spoiler :

This is on prince, all the custom options ticked off...
(Another time I started a game where my cities could fire at my own units, strange, but that was only once)

Do you know anything about these bugs? I'll meddle with the game options a bit more to see how it works out in any case

Hi, sorry for the bother, I tried the WFTW mod and really loved it, but I experienced a strange bug with it, I checked the 5 last pages of the thread to check it and apparently no one has had the same bug as I found
I'm really not sure if I'm doing something wrong, I just installed the required dependency (I have the complete edition of the game etc.), Wish for the World, the custom soundtrack, InfoAddict and ingameditor.

As soon as I met all the other 7 mahou shoujo (except two), I was instantly at war with them.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

And the strange thing is that they don't really act as if they were at war with me -- Nagisa even requested a friendship declaration with me despite being at war...
Spoiler :

This is on prince, all the custom options ticked off...
(Another time I started a game where my cities could fire at my own units, strange, but that was only once)

Do you know anything about these bugs? I'll meddle with the game options a bit more to see how it works out in any case

Wow! The coolest bug ever! You really should use it!

It really seems to be a 50/50 thing, some saves it happens, others don't
Please don't go out of your way for this if I'm the only one experiencing it

Wow! The coolest bug ever! You really should use it!
Some of it is funny too
like Mami wishing me luck in a conflict against herself!
Spoiler :

The always-war bug and attack-your-own-units bug are bugs with DLL Various Mod Components. Unfortunately, this means that I can't fix them directly. There is a workaround if you're willing to try it, though. Download v53 of DLL Various Mod Components, then open the WFTW mod folder and open the .modinfo file. Find this line:

Code:
   <Mod id="d1b6328c-ff44-4b0d-aad7-c657f83610cd" minversion="60" maxversion="999" title="DLL - Various Mod Components" />

and change the "minversion" value to 53 or less. v53 is one of the most stable versions. I might go ahead and make this standard in the mod in the next update (which I hope to finish in the next 3 days!), since from what I remember, I don't think I used anything important added in v60...:confused:

Do note that v53 of the DLL was based off of the game version before the most recent patch. How that will affect compatibility, I don't know.

Top Bottom