Unique Cultural Influence
RED/Ethnic Units
YNAEMP
Piety and Prestige​

ONLY STEAM MODS SUPPORT:
Events and Decisions​

reserved

Also Reserved

Oh, that would be an enormous help! Anything anyone can provide is always welcome, obviously Granada is the priority so any icons would be a massive help! Also if anyone knows how to make the second bit of the UA work I'd appreciate a pm or something, I think I can piece together most of the rest through tutorials/poking about through other peoples mods, but I've not seen anything like that yet so am a bit stuck.

I can help with any art and xml/sql/lua code that you need too.

Might help me get back into modding civ... Until EU4 dlcs go on sale.

I hope all goes well with this thread, it would be awesome for some of your designs or even splits see the light of day!

I'd offer to help with various pedias but I'd imagine it's a little early for that and they are no priority. Regardless best of luck and all that jazz!

Yeah, that'd be really good. I can't actually do any coding at all until my proper PC gets back to me from being repaired. I'm currently on a borrowed mac, which has photoshop unlike my regular PC, but not civ or modbuddy or anything of any use for modding so I'm on art mode for now. So just feel free to do anything which takes your eye really!

The more the merrier really. Also, tarcisio, I was planning on doing a specifically Muslim emirate of sicily as opposed to your broader 'sicily' - but since the focus has a lot of overlap and your UU is an Arab unit, we could always do it as a collab when you get round to it?

Thanks Tranquil, I do plan to make this the home for a split or two once I'm good enough to take on such a big project, but that'll probably not be for a while so don't hold your breath! If you want to do pedias though I'd have no problem with that, whether they're priority or not it'd still be nice to get something done if you fancy it. Has to get done eventually, so when isn't really my concern right now.

Marhaban!
(Israelis can into learning Arabic)

Urdnot, I came here to be amazed by beautiful designs...

I declare you Caliph of the Scottish empire!
(Go team Mediterranean!)

I'm hype for this stuff, good to see you're working on mods!

Would you be interested in collaborating on the Nizari Ismaili?

Well, fingers crossed I'll be able to provide a few beautiful designs while I'm here. Not sure how well it'd go down if I started calling myself Caliph of the Scottish Empire, but its still a pretty awesome title! I appreciate the encouragement man!

A Nizari state collab sounds pretty good to me Idvhl - do you have any ideas?

Yay! I'm useless no more! I assume you won't need idea help, though...
(Oh, Caliph of the Scottish empire, you made me feel genius!)

You're Scottish?!

But more seriously, it's great to see you pursuing your dreams and making these civs a reality. Tarcisio already volunteered but I'll be more than happy to help with Lua for them. Also, are you only plannijg on making the Islamic civs or do you plan on making some of your other cov splits in a different thread one day?

I'd also be of help Urdnot with some basic Xml coding if you really need to drive the workforce, I also might have my own Arab civ in the future (the Fatmids in particular) if you ever wanted to do collab after finishing your priority civs however I'm a bit busy with my own projects at the moment, still would offer though if you do need the help.

No, I figured it was just a pun on my username. But yeah, can't have too many volunteers, the more the merrier really! I do plan on making my splits eventually, its just that comitting to such a huge project would probably be a bad idea given my low level of experience, so I'm hoping that getting some experience by getting a few of these civs out would allow me to make the splits later on. Either way, I've got such a huge interest in Arab and Muslim civilisation that I always wanted to make some of these sooner or later, splits or no splits.

And thanks Howard, I'm sure a bit of help with xml would come in handy, though if you're busy with your own things there's no rush! I obviously really appreciate the offers though, from everyone!

I set up a tracker for Granada on the second page, so if there's anything you particularly want to do just let me know and I can put it there so hopefully we don't end up with people stepping on eachothers toes.

A Nizari state collab sounds pretty good to me Idvhl - do you have any ideas?

Here's the preliminary design I had worked out:

Nizari Ismaili
Rashid ad-Din Sinan
The Refuge. Spies can steal cities from civilizations that have denounced you. Cites not connected to your capital receive +15% to their Strength and yields.
Alamut
Unique Unit: Fidai. Replaces Knight. Cost: x. Combat: x. Movement: 2. Increases the chance of city theft if adjacent to a city you have a spy stationed in. Does no damage to a city when it attacks, instead reducing its Strength. (UU here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=18578)
Unique Building: Jamaat Khana. Replaces Temple. Increases generation of Great People by 10%.

I also have a Komori design laying around, but we both already have a lot on our respective plates.

The more the merrier really. Also, tarcisio, I was planning on doing a specifically Muslim emirate of sicily as opposed to your broader 'sicily' - but since the focus has a lot of overlap and your UU is an Arab unit, we could always do it as a collab when you get round to it?
Fine by me, though my Sicily isn't actually broader either, focusing entirely on the Norman period. Unless you count the Ammiratus as Arab/Muslim, but that always seemed to be something more especifically from the norman period to me (Specially due to George of Antioch).

As for Granada, I could take care of the icons. And any portion of the lua that other volunteers aren't sure how to code.

Steal cities? Is that codeable? And isn't that a bit OP?
(Though CP makes the AI denounce you a bit less, I'd say)

Fine by me, though my Sicily isn't actually broader either, focusing entirely on the Norman period. Unless you count the Ammiratus as Arab/Muslim, but that always seemed to be something more especifically from the norman period to me (Specially due to George of Antioch).

As for Granada, I could take care of the icons. And any portion of the lua that other volunteers aren't sure how to code.

Ah for some reason I thought the update had a few features from Islamic sicily, either way I'm sure I won't be able to do the whole thing myself so it'll probably end up as a mish-mash 'collab' anyway :lol:

Icons would be nice, I'm still struggling at the actual civ icon which is supposed to be the easiest bit, so I don't fancy my chances at a proper nice icon for one of the uniques! Thanks!

And Idvhl, Nizari state looks and sounds like exciting stuff, I'd definitely be up for working on that once Granada is out - until then though I'm trying not to think about other civs or I'll end up overextending myself and accomplish nothing!

Steal cities? Is that codeable? And a bit OP?
(Though CP makes the AI denounce you a bit less, I'd say)

I don't know if it's codeable yet, but I imagine it would work similar to how Austria and Venice do their thing. Balance-wise, it's just a matter of fine-tuning the rate of city conversion.

Top Bottom