Senshi's Civs

Here's my take on the design: receive a free Great Musician at Trapping

UA: Sambadabts
Sources of Deer are instantly improved, and provide additional Food and Faith when worked. Deer may periodically spread to adjacent Snow and Tundra tiles.*
*This means that both tiles will have a Deer on it, the source isn't migrating, just expanding.

UU: Samoyed Sled
Weaker than the Horseman, which it replaces, the Samoyed Sled does not require Horses and is available earlier, at Animal Husbandry. In addition, it does not suffer terrain penalties when in Snow or Tundra and has +1 Movement when beginning a turn on a source of Deer.

UB: Mya
Unlike the Circus, which it replaces, the Mya has a Great Work of Music slot and requires a source of Deer rather than Horses or Ivory. Additionally, it provides Great Musician Points for each source of worked Deer.

By the way, does anyone have any ideas for an Evenki Reindeer Archer?

How about:

Gain faith and great musician points from improving animal resources. Tundra tiles increase border expansion rate.

I with some sort of early building with music slots, that would be a really cool UA. It could also be:

Gain great musician points from expending civilian units. Cities on tundra have a bonus to generation of great people (+20%).

I actually think Senshis revised one is perfect ngl

Alright, I'll try my stab at it given that I've complained enough:

UA: Bugadyl
Yields from Camp resources are doubled and each source of deer provides 2 horses. Units entering a tile where an Evenk unit has died recently take damage.

UU: Reindeer Archer
Replaces Chariot Archer. Ignores terrain penalties on Snow and Tundra and can transfer its movements to settlers. Upgrades to Crossbowman, keeping the extra movement speed.

UB: Tamga
Unlike the Amphitheater, which it replaces, the Tamga generates points to a Great Writer when you improve a deer resource. If the Great Work of Writing slot is filled, the culture cost of acquiring tiles in this city is reduced by 25%.

presuming hoops is for the evenk tho, whereas senshi's is for the nenets.

Might mess around with the Evenks a bit, I'd like to make them mainly a Growth, Faith and Defense civ.

EDIT: Ayy? I tried to reflect the Evenks' balanced diet compared to the reindeer obsessed Nenets, as well as their Shamanistic culture and their war against the Manchu.

UA: Nimat
Camps and Pastures increase the yields provided from Internal Trade Routes. Units provide Faith when adopting promotions, and deal damage to adjacent enemy units when defeated.

UU: Reindeer Archer
More expensive than the Chariot Archer, which it replaces, the Reindeer Archer may move through Rough terrain* and receives the Woodsman promotion. In addition, it heals twice as quickly when stationed on Camps or Pastures and does not require Horses. Upgrades to Crossbowman.
*This isn't the Scout thing, this is just removing the Mounted-units-can't-do-rough-terrain thing.

UB: Shevenchedek
Providing none of the usual yields of the Temple, which it replaces, the Shevenchedek costs no maintenance. In addition, it provides +1 Faith on all Animal resources, and increases the Growth of the city by 5% for each incoming or outgoing Internal Trade Route.

Think the design needs some work though.

Here's my take on the design: receive a free Great Musician at Trapping

[snip]

Oh Deer, Deer everywhere. That's a great design.

I think you could rename "Samoyed Sled" though. Samoyed is considered a derogatory since it derived from Russian word for "self-eater"

Spoiler :

The term Samoyedic is derived from the Russian term samoyed (Russian: самоед) for some indigenous peoples of Siberia. The term has come to be considered derogatory because it has been interpreted by some ethnologists as originating from Russian samo-yed meaning 'self-eater', i.e. 'cannibal'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samoyedic_languages

I am not sure if it is infamous term though. To be fair, I never saw someone complain about the term "Iroquois". :rolleyes:

happy birthday dude

or

сава нгарка яля

as the nenets (probably dont because translators are fairly innacurate) say. If you need any more maps I'm probably still in coding debt to you, I'm always willing to sell myself for coding assistance.

Oh Deer, Deer everywhere. That's a great design.

I think you could rename "Samoyed Sled" though. Samoyed is considered a derogatory since it derived from Russian word for "self-eater"

Spoiler :

The term Samoyedic is derived from the Russian term samoyed (Russian: самоед) for some indigenous peoples of Siberia. The term has come to be considered derogatory because it has been interpreted by some ethnologists as originating from Russian samo-yed meaning 'self-eater', i.e. 'cannibal'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samoyedic_languages

I am not sure if it is infamous term though. To be fair, I never saw someone complain about the term "Iroquois". :rolleyes:

While this is true, samoyed is still the english term used to describe their sled dogs. I imagine they don't mind as much or something.

happy birthday dude

or

сава нгарка яля

as the nenets (probably dont because translators are fairly innacurate) say.

Happy Birthday to you too- no, that doesn't work. Thanks!

Should be able to get a civ out tonight if I push myself :mischief:

If you need any more maps I'm probably still in coding debt to you, I'm always willing to sell myself for coding assistance.

A map for the Nenets would be great, but at the same time I don't want to push you to do something you don't want to ;)

Man dude you need to add me on Steam some time so I can credit you

I'm like 99% sure I did add you, but my steam username changes regularly and isn't ever related to my forum one - currently I'm Just Some Milk

I'm like 99% sure I did add you, but my steam username changes regularly and isn't ever related to my forum one - currently I'm Just Some Milk

Alright, I'll see if I can find you amidst randos from the CBR when I get home ;)

and then I'll have to change Nix's Steam nickname to something other than "literally the only guy on your friends list with a nickname" :p

So Fire Emblem Fates just dropped in Australia, which means I now have a -20% Production modifier. Still, Samoa is going smoothly and looks set for a Monday or Tuesday release!

TPangs has done a fantastic leaderscreen, which I will now spoil a tiny bit of:

also because CL needs more female leaders I might be doing a collab with myself

After Samoa's done, I'll probably start working on the Manchu civ I've been discussing in the design thread. I would work on the Evenks or Nenets, but they're stuck in design limbo because I can't think of anything good for them and I haven't gotten any suggestions.

Nice leg tattoos :)

Hapt birthday Senshi!!!

...For tomorrow...

...Or today...

...Or yesterday...

Dammit, time zones!

Samoa has a female leader then?

Top Bottom