Rallying call for Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

one more update: I'm thinking of replacing Songhai with Ethiopia.
Besides being a more important civ, Ethiopia is more useful for gameplay (containing Egyptian expansion that otherwise may reach South Africa, and leave room for European colonization of West Africa). A city state or 2 can be placed around Timbuktu.

further updates:

as of v24, collapses are correctly working, but are random for now.
Once stability is implemented and linked to it, it will run smoothly.

Permanent war/peace setting is also working now thanks to Gedemon.

I'm still looking for volunteers to do some art customization.
You know, it's hard to do everything just in 2!!!

I'm not very familiar with Civ V modding, but can't you create a new terrain type called, say, Cape, and make it untransversible till Optics is discovered?

This is what Leoreth did in his RFC-IV mod.

Ahh Rhye I'm waiting to play Civ V again just so I can play your mod. I've gotten a bit tired of the vanilla game but I know I can play your mod forever. I wish I could help but I don't know an ounce of modding. :/

And I would buy the DLC just for this mod because it is worth the 20-25 bucks. The mod is practically an expansion in its own right. Plus there are periods when the civs are discounted on Steam like during Steam's summer camp sale.

Also, people need to be patient with this thing and have no right to ask for it to be released soon. He's not getting paid and the longer we wait the better.

further updates:

as of v24, collapses are correctly working, but are random for now.
Once stability is implemented and linked to it, it will run smoothly.

Permanent war/peace setting is also working now thanks to Gedemon.

I'm still looking for volunteers to do some art customization.
You know, it's hard to do everything just in 2!!!

I'm sorry, if there is one thing I suck at, it's art... ;) I can do language (German/French)...

As for the Songhai-Ethiopia switch. I really liked having a West African Empire in CivIV. The problem there was there was not much significant imperialism (French/British) and there was few interaction with other civs, so I do think a switch makes some sense. The might be added back in after all when a Ethiopia DLC comes out... The City states do seem ok there (and also one in the Congo, even Cameroon maybe) and might simulate the happenings better ;) The only thing question is leaderheads, as Askia does not look Ethiopian at all. (but changing Dynasty-Flags might be cool as well ;-))

On second thought, Ethiopia would need new UHVs as the found religion doesn't work anymore and the keep East Africa free of Foreigners is more African than Ethiopian anyway...

I'm afraid New Guinea is too close to put ocean tiles in between

Damn. :(

I'm not very familiar with Civ V modding, but can't you create a new terrain type called, say, Cape, and make it untransversible till Optics is discovered?

This is what Leoreth did in his RFC-IV mod.

Although, this could be a viable alternative.

I know Australia is one of the least important areas in the world history wise, but it annoys me one of the only major things that happened here is wrong.

Rhye's and Fall was a game all of its own.
Is this possible without the DLL?

The DLL has been released.

OT: Good job to Rhye for helping with Japan’s Tsunami victims. :goodjob:

I mean the source code, not the cheap SDK.
And nice job with the tsunami help Rhye, I hear it will take 3 years to clean all the rubble.

:facepalm: My mistake. :crazyeye:

I don't think Firaxis will ever release the DLL. If they do so, then the DLCs will become useless. But still keep the prestige of Civ: "modability"

The devs said they would, there was even a thread about that.
also, the dlc isn't going to become useless,
after all, who could create those awesome leader screens?

Top Bottom