Honorable Victory SG

We can always get AP to 1 turn to complete or very close and set it aside until ready...we should definitely keep putting hammers into AP in Uruk until close. Calc chops at later points to see if a chop is too much hammers toward the end of build, so that we can rather put it into something else like a mish.

I too don't like CoL trade for Alpha right now, but we do very much need alpha for diplo reasons.

I would like to invest a coupla turns into Alpha and trade the small religious techs for it. Could backfire, but worth a shot. Then we get IW and stuff from others. Not concerned with the gems right now, they will come.

Sailing is ok, but I'd rather control the religion spread ourselves, so not worried about religion spread that way. Too bad religion hasn't spread to Will yet.

First thing is we need to see where Confused ends up after CoL bulb.

pigs done flown! :lol:

where you be, pigs?

I been arguefying in that there sgotm thingie.

Played three turns up to 725.

Prophet bulbed Col and Confu got founded in Eridu (poor hydra only has two heads).

Followed L's suggestion and didn't trade straight away. There is a snag. Only Vicky has alphabet and she researched mono herself so now wants theology for alphabet! Maybe just keep researching alphabet ourselves. No IW is slowing us down a bit but we'll get there soonish.

Found Buddhist Isabella east of Geronimo, got OB with her.

Xmiss in Erdu converted Utrecht and Willem's gone all Christian on us.

OK ... sounds as though things are moving along swimmingly.

I'd keep self-researching Alphabet for the time being.

er..well my bad on Alpha. Didn't think Vicky would be going that route on tech. What we tech though matters little, so as Cam says we can keep teching Alpha until we can trade for it. MC might be nice to get but otherwise there is not much we need. Maybe pick up Monarchy for diplo and other techs to trade around....oh..and IW, ofc, but that will certainly come.

Carried on up to 550bc.

650 Met Hindu Joao east of Isabella.

600. Victoria imperiously demands free Priesthood, we are not amused but agree anyway.

575. We convert Amsterdam to Christianity.
AP due next turn, swop to library.

550. Hurrah, we trade monotheism to Bill for alphabet. Not much going at the moment.
We have a Christian missionary who's heading towards England a la St Augustine.

Otherwise pretty dull, Vicky has blown a Gspy on a golden age and built the Pyramids. Lots of peace going on. Our honourable workboat has discovered some islands north of us. GS due in 3.

Attachments

• Honorable Victor BC-0550.CivBeyondSwordSave
    109.2 KB · Views: 237
Thanks for the turnset, pigswill.

I've had a glimpse only at the game, but looking good.

Bummer about no Open Borders with Portugal - maybe swapping into No State Religion might have to be part of the plans at some stage when we're trying to get this thing done, possibly gifting tech' might be enough? Anyway - we have to find Portugal first!

French borders south of Barcelona.

Happy with the Priesthood 'cave' to England's demand.

Maybe Uruk should be working on a Confucian Missionary?

Roster:
DrZomboss (Retired)
pigswill
lymond << Up
Cam << On Deck
Folket (Skip until mid-Feb)
<Open>
<Open>
<Open>​

Oh..I'm up...didn't realize we had a drop, but wondered why this wasn't proceeding.

I will try to get to this in the next couple of days

Sorry for the delay on this, Cam. I will get to it. Just a lot of stuff going.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you both want to withdraw from this as it would appear you've got a fair bit of RL stuff going on?

I'll finish it off solo if that's the case.

Is Folket going to join? Most of my civ time is taken up with sgotm but I'd be willing to keep this going, not sure how things are with Hofstaffer lymond. Maybe you could take the next set and see where we are after that.

Sorry about the delay...let's keep this going. I enjoy the fellowship of these SGs, but SGOTM does keep one busy - among other things.

I will plan and play this evening. (edit: or more specifically in the next coupla hours)

Hello!

Yes, I should be joining now. I will have a look on the game on Thursday. Got a lot of work tomorrow.

Hey Folket - If you want to take this turn you are more than welcome.

Coupla notes:

1) I think AP must be Conf..we can switch in a GA at some point when we are ready.

2) It is fine spreading Xtian to English and Apache, but we really don't need more Xtian mishes after than and should be producing Conf mishes to spread in small cities for each AI. Idea being that we don't want any AIs adopting the AP religion. Spread Xtian to their largest cities.

3) After AP is built, we can go back to Xtian or no religion

4) Ideally we get one or two AIs to vote for us but may not be necessary if we spread correctly. However it doesn't hurt to do everything to boost diplo with some AIs. Trading resources like clams for pigs with Willie will help, but we don't have many resources at the moment and just trading 1 will take forever to get bonuses.

5) We should take every opportunity to trade small techs to AIs as we can. Pretty much trade all small tech away. Maybe get Sailing from SB this turn and the trade for IW next turn with Alpha. Should not need to put turns into IW and can start teching MC or something

We can give/trade larger tech away later but should hold onto Theo for some time.

Don't really need more cities, but can look to finish that settler and a galley for the island up there.

Roster 'for the record':
DrZomboss (Retired)
pigswill
Folket << Up
lymond << On Deck
Cam
<Open>
<Open>
<Open>​

Hi Folket :).

It would be better to delay completing AP a couple of turns until we get the GS for GA and religion switch, obvious point if you've been playing but maybe not so obvious if you're just joining.

I have not have time to look at the game yet. But I should have some tonight. I will post something that we can discuss and play during the weekend.

Looking at the game now. Our economy is pretty sad and we have lack of hammers when we can't use slavery.

So comments.
We should run 0% research until we have the academy. Or is bulbing Philosophy better?

We have a nice capital but no cottages there. Perhaps a city on spice to work three cottages? Do we just plan to win before they become relevant?

We should trade around CoL to get techs we need like Iron working and sailing.

Getting the Christian holy building would be nice.

I suggest we research math next to make most out of our forests. Currency is also a good alternative.

I also think we need more soldiers. Given that we can't whip out an army when attacked we need a standing army. At the moment I guess that would be chariots and archers.

Plan.
Trade for sailing with Geronimo. Next turn trade priesthood and monotheism for iron working. Gift Priesthood to the Spanish. If that gets us to cautious trade for archery with writing next turn.

0% research at math waiting for library. Build temple in Eridu after GS and start to generate a Great Prophet.

Drop cottages between Kish/Uruk and Eridu/Uruk. Choping/Improving gems have highest priority.

Build a couple of Chariots. Try to keep our power above half of Victorias.

It is hard to play without Slavery.

I see that Isabella has hurt archers. Is she fighting someone?

Folket,

I've not looked at the game for a bit so I'm a bit rusty, but it's all about sneaking the Apostolic Palace win. lymond has set out a strategy that I think should be worth a gamble on. Great People I thought were to be banked for anarchy-free Golden Ages.

Top Bottom