Road to War

Gunthi

Chieftain
Road to War / Campaign Diary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my Kampagnentagebuch

I would love if it was a multiplayer game, where the Axle and Allies would both have logs of the War.

I'm not German, nor English, there for, I don't domain both languages.

I decide to play in Accurate events.

Everything I’m writing is to “incarnate” a personage. I don’t identify my self with the Nazi sprit

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Fortnight 1 July 1939

Herr Führer Adolf Hitler, after the unexpected death of Wilhelm Keitel, nominated me Generalfeldmarschall
Although the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht had any direct military authority over the troops so far i provide that would change.

Der Führer instructed me of the last minute preparative for Poland Invasion.
And in a limp of an eye I was in the Road to War.

Fall Weiß

Generalfeldmarschall Erich von Manstein is in charge of Operation Fall Weiß .
I let the plans like there were.
Generalfeldmarschall Erich von Manstein in private express is concern about an Allied attack on the West Wall once the Polish campaign started, thus drawing Germany into a two-front war and also thinking that it would be better to keep Poland as a buffer between Germany and the Soviet Union.
I never express this to Der Führer.
My first orders were to redistribute the soldiers by the cities and disposing the tanks with in the plan Fall Weiß.

The plan called for start of hostilities before the declaration of war and to pursue the Blitzkrieg strategy.
German units were to invade Poland from three directions:

- Main attack from Germany mainland through western Polish border (Krakow and Danzing).
- Second route of attack from the north, from the exclave of East Prussia (Warsaw).
- Third attack by German and allied Slovak units from the territory of Slovakia (Rzeszow).

Fall Weiß was to be initiate on 1 September of 1939.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 298
  • Chief of OberKommando der Wehrmacht.JPG
    Chief of OberKommando der Wehrmacht.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 92
WAR

Adolf Hitler, Chancellor of the Reich, before the Reichstag, September 1, 1939

For months we have been suffering under the torture of a problem which the Versailles Diktat created - a problem which has deteriorated until it becomes intolerable for us. Danzig was and is a German city. The Corridor was and is German
As always, I attempted to bring about, by the peaceful method of making proposals for revision, an alteration of this intolerable position
It is impossible to demand that an impossible position should be cleared up by peaceful revision and at the same time constantly reject peaceful revision
In my talks with Polish statesmen I discussed the ideas which you recognize from my last speech to the Reichstag. No one could say that this was in any way an inadmissible procedure on undue pressure. I then naturally formulated at last the German proposals, and I must once more repeat that there is nothing more modest or loyal than these proposals. I should like to say this to the world. I alone was in the position to make such proposal, for I know very well that in doing so I brought myself into opposition to millions of Germans. These proposals have been refused. Not only were they answered first with mobilization, but with increased terror and pressure against our German compatriots and with a slow strangling of the Free City of Danzig - economically, politically, and in recent weeks by military and transport means.

Poland has directed its attacks against the Free City of Danzig. Moreover, Poland was not prepared to settle the Corridor question in a reasonable way which would be equitable to both parties, and she did not think of keeping her obligations to minorities.
The other European States understand in part our attitude. I should like here above all to thank Italy, which throughout has supported us, but you will understand that for the carrying on of this struggle we do not intend to appeal to foreign help. We will carry out this task ourselves. The neutral States have assured us of their neutrality, just as we had already guaranteed it to them.
This night for the first time Polish regular soldiers fired on our territory. Since 5.45 A.M. we have been returning the fire, and from now on bombs will be met by bombs. Whoever fight with poison gas will be fought with poison gas. Whoever departs from the rules of humane warfare can only expect that we shall do the same. I will continue this struggle, no matter against whom, until the safety of the Reich and its rights are secured.
Whoever, however, thinks he can oppose this national command, whether directly of indirectly, shall fall. We have nothing to do with traitors. We are all faithful to our old principle. It is quite unimportant whether we ourselves live, but it is essential that our people shall live, that Germany shall live. The sacrifice that is demanded of us is not greater than the sacrifice that many generations have made. If we form a community closely bound together by vows, ready for anything, resolved never to surrender, then our will will master every hardship and difficulty. And I would like to close with the declaration that I once made when I began the struggle for power in the Reich. I then said: "If our will is so strong that no hardship and suffering can subdue it, then our will and our German might shall prevail."

http://fcit.usf.edu/HOLOCAUST/RESOURCE/document/HITLER1.htm

Wehrmacht invade Poland.

3 September 1939
United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand, declared war on Germany, soon followed by France, South Africa and Canada, among others.

The worst fear of Generalfeldmarschall Erich von Manstein has about to come true.
Two-front war, in the east and west.

God helps to quickly end the war with the Polish.

After an intense bombarding of Danzig and Krakow by land and Air they fall.

The Prussian Army attacked Warsaw and the east Wehrmacht conquer the city.

Poland Causalities:

4 cavalry
30 Improved Infantry
3 Artillery
2 Tank Destroyer

1 Destroyer
7 Fighter

Wehrmacht with no lost armys.

Attachments

• German soldiers destroying a Polish border checkpoint on 1 Sep 1939.jpg
    German soldiers destroying a Polish border checkpoint on 1 Sep 1939.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 78
17 September

URSS invades Poland under the secret appendix of the Molotov-Ribberntrop Pack, which divided Poland.

The Luftwaffe start to bombard Rzeszow and the Wehrmacht start there approach on the city.

Attachments

• Mapa_Paktu_R_M_Izwiestia-18_09_1939.jpg
    Mapa_Paktu_R_M_Izwiestia-18_09_1939.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 92
The Wehrmacht conquer Rzeszow and stops at Vilnius doors with no Luftwaffe support.
The 2º and 3º Regiment start to go to Pinsk and L'viv.

The Red Army doesn't move.

Third Reich Causalities:
1 Tank Destroyer

Kriegsmarine sunked a polish submarine and bombard a town in Canada

Vilnius has bombarded by the Luftwaffe.
They did a great job.
The Wehrmacht had only to enter in the city with no resistance.

Kriegsmarine continue to bombard a town in Canada

Hitler spooked in the Reichstag expressing a wish of peace between Germany and England and France.
3 days later I received orders to prepare the invasion of Belgian, France, Luxemburg and Holland.
Konteradmiral Karl Dönitz suggested to Hitler the occupation of Norway.

Pinsk has been captured by the Red Army

L'viv continue to be bombard by the Ju87 Stuka's.
As Vilnius, the Wehrmacht entered with no resistance.

Poland is conquered.

I gave order to redeploy the troops to the West.

In a conversation with Generalfeldmarschall Erich von Manstein he warn me that the Kampagn took longer that we expected.
I remind him that L’viv should be Soviet and it isn’t.

New agreement with Italy
Iron for 5 gold

Kriegsmarine continue to bombard a town in Canada

The Kriegsmarine lost 2 Submarines and sunked one of the Canadian Royal Navy.

30 November
The Soviet Union attack Finland
I’m curious how Soviet troops will try to conquer Finland.

The Kriegsmarine Cruisers sunked 2 UK submarines.

France and England don't react.
our troops take well deserved rest.
I'm going home for Christmas.

Below, the Chronology of the World until 1939

Attachments

• Cronologia_1939.gif
    Cronologia_1939.gif
    434.7 KB · Views: 137
New Year, new hope.
I hope that England and France come to there sense... and make peace.
Although that doesn't seems the Führer planes.

The new Kriegsmarine Submarines arrived.
Let's see if our Kriegsmarine get out of the docks.

10 January
1130 hours In Mechelen-sur-Meuse, Belgium, a small German transport crash-lands. Two officers of a German airborne division carry with them a large part of the operations plan for the attack on the West. King Léopold chooses to ignore the matter, hoping the Germans will change plans and attack France. (Allied commanders generally disbelieve the authenticity of the documents.

It’s all normal.
The Sitzkrieg (Phoney War) continue.
I’m preparing the troops the invade Denmark and Norway.

Due to plans for an attack on the West accidentally falling into Belgian hands, the Furher Adolf Hitler delays the attack again

30 January

Adolf Hitler in a speech: "For 300 years England pursued the aim of preventing a real consolidation of Europe, just as France sought for centuries to prevent a consolidation of Germany."

I believe if we break France, England alone will not prevail.

Winter is starting to go way…
The aircrafts are in land. There aren’t any bombarding at all.
Only the normal routine of interceptions.

February 10
The German Government warns Sweden and Norway that while sending aid to Finland was acceptable, the presence of English or French troops in transit to Finland would not be.

February 15
Germany announces that all British merchant ships will be treated as warships

Attachments

• 1939-1940-battle_of_france-plan-evolution.jpg
    1939-1940-battle_of_france-plan-evolution.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 114
One Spy has been caught.

February 16
At 2300-2400 hours In Norwegian territorial waters off Jössing Fjord, British destroyer Cossack pulls alongside and boards the German supply ship Altmark, freeing 303 British prisoners. Two Norwegian torpedo boat captains protest, but do nothing.

I among others believe that is imperative and urgent action in Norway.

17 February
Eirch von Manstein and Gerd von Rundstedt formalised an alternative plan for Fall Gelß to the Führer.

February 18
Adolf Hitler issues Directive No. 10. For the attack on the West, the forces will be divided by the line Liège to Charleroi across Belgium and Luxembourg. Forces north of this line will break through Belgian defences, counter any threats to the Ruhr, and take on the strongest Anglo-French forces. Forces south of the line will cross the Meuse River between Dinant and Sedan, and advance towards the Somme estuary

24 February

Oberkommando der Wehrmacht rejected the proposal but the Führer looking for a more aggressive plan, approved a modified version of von Manstein's ideas

1 March
Adolf Hitler issues a Directive for "Case Weser exercise". His orders were to preparations be made for the occupation of Denmark and Norway, to secure iron ore from Sweden, and provide naval and air bases for operations against England. The objective is to occupy by peaceful means, designed to protect the arms of the neutrality of the Northern countries. The crossings into Denmark and Norway are to be simultaneous

5 March
The Finland Government decides to accept peace terms of the Soviet Union

March 12
Finland and the Soviet Union conclude a peace treaty, the Treaty of Moscow. Finland retains independence but gives up the Karelian Isthmus, Viipuri, and a small band of land north of Lake Ladoga. The Soviets are granted a 30-year lease of Hangö for a naval base, and a right-of-way to Sweden.

Other spy capture in German territory.

21 March
Daladier loses a vote of confidence in the French parliament. Paul Reynaud forms a new government.
The other’s countries are starting to fall apart.
Glories to the Third Reich.

28 March
Rumours that will neither France, nor United Kingdom seek peace separate with German.

9 April
At 0410 hours Germany launches Operation Weserubung, invading Denmark. The German envoy informs the Danish government that Denmark would be protected for the duration of the war, and no interference by German military authorities would be made in the country's internal affairs. Prime Minister Thorvald Stauning orders cessation of hostilities, twelve hours after the start.

After an initial bombardment by air, then by sea and then again by air, Two Infantry Regiments enter in Copenhagen.

Denmark was conquered.

Kriegsmarine sunked 2 Norway submarines and Luftwaffe bombard other 2.

For operation Fall Gelß I divided the forces in 3 Groups.
3 Heeresgruppen and 3 Panzerwaffe

Group A to Amsterdam

5 Artillery’s
5 Infantry’s

2 Tank Destroyers
3 Tanks

Group B to Brussels

5 Artillery’s
5 Infantry’s

2 Tank Destroyers
3 Tanks

Group C to Luxembourg

7 Artillery’s
5 Infantry’s

1 Tank Destroyers
3 Tanks

Other Spy caught

Naval bombard of Oslo and follow by an 6 air strike.

New improved submarines went to sea.

Amphibious strike on Oslo, the city as fallen.
Civilian works where capture.

9 Cruisers and a Landing Craft leave port to Bergen.
Stuka bombar Bergen.

9 May
In England, Labour Party leaders Arthur Greenwood and Clement Attlee refuse to form a unified government with the Conservatives so long as Neville Chamberlain is Prime Minister
They are a disUnited Kingdom.
If France falls, they will ask for peace.

10 May
Between 0030 -0400 hours The Führer arrives at his bunker near Aachen, to direct operation Fall Gelß.

The order of the Day to the German troops The fight beginning today decides the fate of the German nation for the next 1000 years.".

And we will.

The Wehrmacht begins operation Sichelschnitt (Sickle Stroke), a surprise assault against Holland, Luxembourg, Belgium.

0600 hours Berlin German Foreign Minister Joachim von Ribbentrop informs the foreign press that Germany had seized the initiative by anticipating Anglo-French aggression in the Ruhr area over Netherlands and Belgian territory. He presents evidence that Netherlands and Belgium were not acting as neutrals, that they were defending only on the German border, and allowing British and French assistance in attempting revolution in Germany. German forces in the Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg would ast as protectors and take steps to ensure their neutrality

Civilian Netherlander worker capture.
The Army Group C attack Luxemburg
The Blitzkrieg is in place.
Fist artillery strike and then the Luftwaffe bombards.
The Wehrmacht infantry just walk in the city.

The Army Group A heads to Amsterdam and the Army Group B to Brussels.
I instructed the Group C’s artillery to rendezvous Group B.

Luftwaffe bombard Amsterdam and Brussels

The Rommel’s Panzerwaffe invade France and adds to Paris.

Spy Report:
Early evening - Britain's Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain resigns.
Midnight - British Prime Minister Winston Churchill completes the forming of his government

11 May
The Romanian Government of Premier George Tatarescu replaces several pro-German Ministers with pro-France officials. Tatarescu declares the nation will continue its policy of neutrality, with friendship for Britain and France.

The Japanese Foreign Minister notifies diplomatic representatives of the Netherlands, Germany, Britain, France, USA, and Italy that it would not tolerate any change of nationality control of the Netherlands Indies. Any outside interference would be considered an extension of the war to the Orient, which Japan would forcibly oppose

12 May
Spain's Foreign Ministry issues a communiqué reaffirming its policy of neutrality

The World fears the German Force and I have the privilege to be the Führer’s Kommandeur

Spy Report:
British Prime Minister Winston Churchill makes a speech in the House of Commons, including "... I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. If you ask me, what our war aim is, I give you only one answer: Victory! Victory whatever the cost!".

Of course…. Britain will beg for peace.

Terrorist acts destroyed a watermill

We lost a Destroyer.

12 Artilleries bombard Brussels
Brussels as fallen without any division lost.

Amsterdam was bombard by:
6 Artilleries
8 Air Strikes, perform by Stukas
Amsterdam also felt without any division lost.

Bergen was bombard by:
7 Cruisers
1 Air Strikes, perform by Stukas
And then an amphibious strike perform by Marines.
Bergen is ours.

12 Artilleries try to follow The Phantom Division (Rommel's Division).

Top Bottom