The Saga Graecia

astrognash

TXT_KEY_CUSTOM_USER_TITLE
The Saga Graecia
By Astrognash Strategoi

Introduction
Dear Reader,​
This is my first real story for Sid Meier's Civilization IV. I will be playing the GAME of the YEAR Edition. Here are my specifications for the game.​
  • Civilization: Greece​
  • Leader: Alexander​
  • Difficulty: Noble​
  • Map: Inland Sea (Standard)​
  • Climate: Temperate​
  • Sea Level: High​
The other civilizations will be:​
  • Gandhi-India​
  • Saladin-Arabia​
  • Julius Caesar-Rome​
  • Huayna Capac-Inca​
  • Victoria-England​
  • Tokugawa-Japan​
The options for the game will be:​
  • Agressive AI​
  • Raging Barbarians​
  • Lock Modified Assets​
  • Require Complete Kills​
As I play, I will post stories from the point of view of my leader and various units. Each round will be like a chapter, and there will be a few screenshots for each chapter. Also, I will post my save file at the end of each chapter, so you can play along with me.​
Sincerely,
Astrognash Strategoi

Spoiler :
Polemocaris-Military Advisor
Esoterikos- Domestic Advisor​

Oikonomikos-Financial Advisor​

Xenos-Foreign Advisor​

Civ4ScreenShot0053.JPG

Chapter 1

A New Start

The sun rose on the year 4000 BCE. Astrognash Alexander Strategoi, leader of the nomad Mycenae peoples, smiled as the rays of Helios's chariot warmed his face. He turned to his people. They were hungry, cold, and wanted a place to settle down. This paltry band of 50 or so settlers, and a scouting party, was all that remained of his civilization. It was time to settle down and found his nation's first city.
"Today is a great day in the history of Greece! Today, we settle down! We leave our nomadic life, and settle our first city! Polemocaris, Esoterikos, Oikonomikos, Xenos! Report!"
Astrognash's four main advisors ascended the hill. They all four bowed, as Esoterikos said, "Sire, what shall we name the new city? What shall we first build in it?"
Xenos questioned, "Where shall we send the scouts?"
"We shall name the city... Athens. Train a worker. Send the scouts to find new lands. See if any of the other 7 great kingdoms remain."
As the former nomads set to work building the new city, Astrognash smiled. "Athens..."
Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG

Megala Genika, Prince of Greece, took a deep breath. His father, Astrognash Alexander Strategoi, has sent him to meet with an embassy party from one of the 7 Great Kingdoms. Arabia, like Greece, had survived as nomads, and had finally once more settled down.

Today, the young prince was going to meet with their Sultan, Salah ad-Din. As his horse galloped over the hill, he saw a train of camels, and on one was a richly dressed man, of middle eastern complexion. As Megala rode up, he shouted out in the tongue of the ancestors, the old tongue, from before the seven kingdoms splintered.

"Hail, Saladin of Araby! I am Magnus Generalus, Prince of Greece. I have been sent by my father, Astropyrus Alexander Strategus, High Imperial at Athens."

"Hail, Magnus Generalus. I am Saladin Ayyub, High Imperial of Araby! May the peace between our nations last until the end of time! I bring a treaty of open borders, so that trade may flow freely between our Empires. All it requisites is your signature."

"Let the world know, the borders shall be opened between Greece and Araby!" He nodded, and the foreign advisor, Xenos, blew the peace horn, as Megalus signed the treaty.

Civ4ScreenShot0060.JPG

Reserved, Will Post Chapter 2 As Soon As Possible.

Reserved, Will Post Chapter 3 As Soon As Possible.

Reserved, Will Post Chapter 4 As Soon As Possible.

Reserved, Will Post Chapter 5 As Soon As Possible.

Reserved, Will Post Chapter 6 As Soon As Possible.

Top Bottom