War was is it good for? Arrghh!

PvtFreddy

Chieftain
Hello all, :goodjob:

Don't you just hate it.

Situation 1:

You are playing a good cultural game with the idea to win that way. You think to yourself that your empire is looking very good then you get someone say 'we are declaring war on you'. You have not many units for warring so you go like clappers to build loads to defend cities. Its not good enough and no other civ will help you, you ultimate lose your work.

Situation 2:

Again culture and that way to win. You boarder out then you hit a snag. You hit a neighbors boarder and have a settler being built for expansion but the tit of a civ makes no space for you to use it. You can wait, expand in culture or declare war. You scout his cities and see his cities are weak so you pull up those macemen, marines, whatever era your in, and blast him.

In both situations you get - War what is it good for? - in you cities and people unhappy. How do I get rid of this? What civics is best for this, I understand the happiness of buildings but the civics...well...I've tried a lot and monarchy is good if your defending cause you got the units in the cities but if you attack...well it don't count.

Any ideas...and thank you for any replies.

:goodjob: Cheers all and have a fantastic weekend.

Private Freddy

Damn it! I look everywhere for this message i wrote (which should have been in a different forum, my apologies). Why the hell I wrote it in 'Stories & Tales' I have no idea. :confused:.

Anyway, more to the point, thanks for the information. I never really build jails as I thought it brought unhappiness.

Cheers :goodjob:.

Dang it! I look everywhere for this message i wrote (which should have been in a different forum, my apologies). Why the heck I wrote it in 'Stories & Tales' I have no idea. :confused:.

Anyway, more to the point, thanks for the information. I never really build jails as I thought it brought unhappiness.

Cheers :goodjob:.

It's awesome, I was able to wage a large dominating war against a massive empire and got to finish them off after like forty years with absolutely no negative side effects to most of my cities. I highly approve of the strategy. :goodjob:

Speaking of which, does this put me at an advantage where the AI has to deal with weariness? Or does that not occur if they're the ones defending? (or if the AI cheats and doesn't get it anyway)

It's awesome, I was able to wage a large dominating war against a massive empire and got to finish them off after like forty years with absolutely no negative side effects to most of my cities. I highly approve of the strategy. :goodjob:

Speaking of which, does this put me at an advantage where the AI has to deal with weariness? Or does that not occur if they're the ones defending? (or if the AI cheats and doesn't get it anyway)

Well, the AI gets discounts on war weariness, but if you are doing the attacking, they won't get any unhappiness as they will be culturally dominant in the combat area (if you are defending your home turf, you do not get WW). I guess that, even if there is much fighting in your homeland, the AI will suffer more from lost happiness due to ressources conquered by you..

If by some chance the AI you're fighting against has the statue of Zeus, make that city a priority target. Otherwise do what Ultimate_Waffle said.

Top Bottom