Axeman Speculation

Napoleon's French sounds accented to me (I have Parisian relatives and used to live in Suisse Romande) but I can't quite place it.

At least Boudicca was an actual leader, despite leading neither the Scottish nor the Welsh nor the Irish... Pocahontas, though? Mrs. John Smith and that's about it...

Not even. She was taken to England and he went off to somewhere else and was presumed dead. She married some English fellow but then died of Smallpox in Gravesend, England where she is still buried. She only found out that he was still alive after she had gotten married. She never returned to her homeland.

Pocahontas would be a terrible choice. I wouldn't know whether to laugh, cry, or rage.

:lol: :sad: :mad:

If Pocahontas is the leader, god forbid, I can see Firaxis signing some deal with Disney and then having Pocahontas sing Colors of the Wind every time you become her friend, declare war on her, or make peace with her or something. :lol:

It really should be Corsican, shouldn't it? Sadly it doesn't sound like it to me from the Corsicans I've heard, but maybe they have weird accents...

If Pocahontas is the leader, god forbid, I can see Firaxis signing some deal with Disney and then having Pocahontas sing Colors of the Wind every time you become her friend, declare war on her, or make peace with her or something. :lol:

Well at least we know what her Civ's music theme will be.

I am :lol: and :sad: at the same time...

Plus wasn't she only 13 years old when she met John Smith? :sad:

Spoiler :

Greetings stranger, I am Pocahontas of the Tsenacommacah.
Would you like to sing a song with me and my animal friends.

The real debate should be about why they showed it to us like this.

I think that is the question, but that's precisely why I don't think they've took a UU and hid it as a Barbarian. They've never done that before. They show units to show you want will be in the game. They could make a mistake, they could hide it so you have to find it, they could change their mind, but they've never posted something actively misleading before.

Isnt it getting a little bit out of hand with all these tribes becoming civilizations all of a sudden?
Cant Firaxis just stick to real civilizations for the Civilization game? We can have the Disney civs in another game perhaps?

Keep it real.

What if that Axeman is a new unit/class of units that requires no resources and is available to everybody? If barbarians can spam Spears and Pikes, why couldn't they spam that new class of units?

I don't think it is exclusive to barbarians or to a specific civilization, IMO it is just a new unit they decided to show to everybody in the barbarian faction.

I would be very excited for an Algonquin tribe (Hurons?) or Shawnees or something similar. But my guess would be simply a barb archer replacement.

Isnt it getting a little bit out of hand with all these tribes becoming civilizations all of a sudden?
Cant Firaxis just stick to real civilizations for the Civilization game? We can have the Disney civs in another game perhaps?

Keep it real.

It seems many Americans want more representation of their continent, so tribes are getting turned into civilizations.
I guess there's nothing to be done if marketing thinks the game will sell better that way.:rolleyes:

It seems many Americans want more representation of their continent, so tribes are getting turned into civilizations.
I guess there's nothing to be done if marketing thinks the game will sell better that way.:rolleyes:

Not to mention that native American tribes are far more cooler than any African or European tribe. :D

I don't know why Native American tribes get so marginalized; if I had it my way, we'd get three new civs from the Western Hemisphere. 1/2 the planet should at least get 1/3 :cool:

I don't know why Native American tribes get so marginalized; if I had it my way, we'd get three new civs from the Western Hemisphere. 1/2 the planet should at least get 1/3 :cool:

Me too. I would chose: Hurons (natural enemies of Iroquois, not to mention Canadian-centric), Shawnees (Tecumseh would be an obvious leader choice) and Sioux (to represent a plains/western tribe).

Maybe it's not too late to get rid of Scramble for Africa to something more interesting with native American civs. ;)

Me too. I would chose: Hurons (natural enemies of Iroquois, not to mention Canadian-centric), Shawnees (Tecumseh would be an obvious leader choice) and Sioux (to represent a plains/western tribe).

Well, I was including Brazil in that count; I'd go with the Shawnee under Tecumseh and probably the Sioux, though maybe the Comanche.

If I chose, it would probably be this:

1. Pueblo
2. Comanche
3. Chachapoya
4. Toltecs
5. Tiwanaku
6. Taino
7. Mississippians
8. Tupi
9. Nazca
10. Seminole

Or some mix of the above :p

Keep it real.

Yeah. The only real cultures were the ones with big enough armies to keep their place in the history books. Anyone else is trash and not worth talking about in any context.

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom