Israel, Philistines and Biblical Civilizations

Hey y'all. I wonder if the Israel civ works with YNAEMP on you fellas. Because it doesn't work with it on me. Anybody can tell me how to get it to work with YNAEMP? Thanks..

Hey there fella. Welcome to the forums. I'll check if it works for me tomorrow, but the mod maker might respond until then.

Enjoy your stay!!! :goodjob:

Hey y'all. I wonder if the Israel civ works with YNAEMP on you fellas. Because it doesn't work with it on me. Anybody can tell me how to get it to work with YNAEMP? Thanks..

Open up the "(BNW) Leugi's Israel Civilization (v 7).modinfo" file with notepad, then scroll down to the bit where it says "<References>".

In the first "Mod id=" entry, add a "5" to the end of the long string of numbers and letters. It should look like this:

<Mod id="36e88483-48fe-4545-b85f-bafc50dde315" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Yet (not) Another Earth Map Packs" />

Once that is done, save the document and it should load. What happened is that Leugi must've inadvertently made a typo/deleted a number when setting up the mod (in the section where the mod is supposed to reference YNAEMP).

Open up the "(BNW) Leugi's Israel Civilization (v 7).modinfo" file with notepad, then scroll down to the bit where it says "<References>".

In the first "Mod id=" entry, add a "5" to the end of the long string of numbers and letters. It should look like this:

Once that is done, save the document and it should load. What happened is that Leugi must've inadvertently made a typo/deleted a number when setting up the mod (in the section where the mod is supposed to reference YNAEMP).

It worked! Thanks for the help, mate :goodjob:

What effect all kinds of unit-re-texturing modpacks have on this one?
I really want to try this http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=544534
He did say there, that majority of units are multinational, still I don't know how it'll fall within the boundaries of the current mod...Anyone tried?

If you're asking if Leuigi's Israel uses the Israeli planes, then you've got a ~1/4 chance of it working, probably more because this is the most famous Israel.

Otherwise, no; this isn't R.E.D. It doesn't add custom plane art.

If you're asking if Leuigi's Israel uses the Israeli planes, then you've got a ~1/4 chance of it working, probably more because this is the most famous Israel.

Otherwise, no; this isn't R.E.D. It doesn't add custom plane art.

No, that's not what I am asking...
Israel uses US-made planes...Had some French falcons in 60's-70's...What I am asking is:
if I put them together - will I be able to use say F-15 or F-22 from the advanced units mod, cause he had declared there the units for Israel, such as Dassault Ouragan and Sukhoi PAK FA T50 (although Israel never used Soviet tech)
If yes-will they have Israel banner from this mod or will they have some other banner?
Will the game crash, if I combine those two?

No, that's not what I am asking...
Israel uses US-made planes...Had some French falcons in 60's-70's...What I am asking is:
if I put them together - will I be able to use say F-15 or F-22 from the advanced units mod, cause he had declared there the units for Israel, such as Dassault Ouragan and Sukhoi PAK FA T50 (although Israel never used Soviet tech)
If yes-will they have Israel banner from this mod or will they have some other banner?
Will the game crash, if I combine those two?

(Assuming you're referring to the small modern-day flag icon below the UnitFlag)
It depends on what the flag represents. If the flag represents the country that created the plane, then it will remain American (or whatever nationality). If it represents the civ that's using it, then 1. that's kinda pointless and 2. I assume that it'd use Israel's flag.
Assuming that it represents the inventor civ, then there shouldn't be any crashes. If it represents the user civ, there may be a missing atlas error.

...Unsure why you ask this here, though. This thread has nothing to with the Advanced Air Units mod.

(Assuming you're referring to the small modern-day flag icon below the UnitFlag)
It depends on what the flag represents. If the flag represents the country that created the plane, then it will remain American (or whatever nationality). If it represents the civ that's using it, then 1. that's kinda pointless and 2. I assume that it'd use Israel's flag.
Assuming that it represents the inventor civ, then there shouldn't be any crashes. If it represents the user civ, there may be a missing atlas error.

...Unsure why you ask this here, though. This thread has nothing to with the Advanced Air Units mod.

I was asking on general compatibility of tech tree...Already tried it...Regrettably, it doesn't work-Israel receives the generic tech tree. No special units :(

I was asking on general compatibility of tech tree...Already tried it...Regrettably, it doesn't work-Israel receives the generic tech tree. No special units :(

Go into AAU's files, and look for where he's set up the Civilization_UnitClassOverrides entries. Replace the Israel ones with CIVILIZATION_LEUGI_ISRAEL.

Go into AAU's files, and look for where he's set up the Civilization_UnitClassOverrides entries. Replace the Israel ones with CIVILIZATION_LEUGI_ISRAEL.

I've tried it with Merkava battletank and it had overridden the Kibutz enhancement...:(

I've tried it with Merkava battletank and it had overridden the Kibutz enhancement...:(

Is the Kibutz still buildable, though? I'm afraid that the Kibutz will be displaced on the Select Civilization screen, because the priority is Units --> Buildings --> Improvements, but this should be purely cosmetic. You'd get the same issue if the mod worked properly anyway.

Is the Kibutz still buildable, though? I'm afraid that the Kibutz will be displaced on the Select Civilization screen, because the priority is Units --> Buildings --> Improvements, but this should be purely cosmetic. You'd get the same issue if the mod worked properly anyway.

Don't know.
I am looking at the game with IGN editor. That's what I've seen so far...

I've tried the override with Merkava battletank and with Gloster meteor fighter...Merkava had overridden the Kibutz enhancement, as I've mentioned and Gloster...it had overridden the macabee unit. When I've started the game in informational era, I had Merkava in options of building, but didn't have Gloster-guess I can have it in classical era...How can I solve it?

Don't know.
I am looking at the game with IGN editor. That's what I've seen so far...

I've tried the override with Merkava battletank and with Gloster meteor fighter...Merkava had overridden the Kibutz enhancement, as I've mentioned and Gloster...it had overridden the macabee unit. When I've started the game in informational era, I had Merkava in options of building, but didn't have Gloster-guess I can have it in classical era...How can I solve it?

Is the Meteor unbuildable because it has obsoleted? Start a game with IGE, give yourself the tech to build the Meteor, and see if it lets you. Then do the same with the Macabee, and the Kibutz. You may have to give yourself the resources for these units. Although it will look like the new units will overwrite the existing uniques, they should still function fine - there is no limit to the number of uniques a Civ can have.

Is the Meteor unbuildable because it has obsoleted? Start a game with IGE, give yourself the tech to build the Meteor, and see if it lets you. Then do the same with the Macabee, and the Kibutz. You may have to give yourself the resources for these units. Although it will look like the new units will overwrite the existing uniques, they should still function fine - there is no limit to the number of uniques a Civ can have.
Seems to be ok now-Needed to completely reboot the game - not just go to main menu.
Thank you for your help

Seems to be ok now-Needed to completely reboot the game - not just go to main menu.
Thank you for your help

Quick point: is the part you've written in XML or SQL? If it's XML (everything's got <> tags) then the file will fail to load if you play without Israel, so you should remind yourself to comment it out before playing without Israel (<!-- -->)

Quick point: is the part you've written in XML or SQL? If it's XML (everything's got <> tags) then the file will fail to load if you play without Israel, so you should remind yourself to comment it out before playing without Israel (<!-- -->)

XML.
It's ok, the uncommenting part I figured out about ;)

Tell me another thing though. I have an idea now - to add a unit, based on the template of an existing unit. In terms of graphics it doesn't mean too much - switch the description, switch the avatar and the picture. \
I do not know, however, how to add/incorporate it into a general tree, so it'll be recognizable by all the game entities.

Can you explain that to me?

Top Bottom