Bane_'s Civilizations

A NEW CIVILIZATION ARRIVES!

Led by Hattori Hanzo, the mytical ninjas are on the loose! Persuade others to become your friends when the need comes, make others lose face because of your actions and create terror in their cities with the push of a button.
Tokugawa's Japan has a focus on the Economic side of Civilization 5 as well as on alliances. You can rely on them to survive if you so desire, knowing very well that if their secrets see the light of the day, the damage will be way worse than just a few soldiers!

EDIT: I can't change the thread's title? :(

So... hold on... how did you do custom missions? I thought they were impossible without breaking compatibility.

Next up:

The Barbarian Civ
UA: (At the Gates) Is capable of training Barbarian units and converting defeated Barbarian (40% chance) units as soon as **********, but loses gold (instead of gaining) if you clear a camp. Unorthodox game start.
UU: Sacker.
UI: Barbarian Settlement.

Any guesses on the highlighted part? ;)

EDIT: Also updated the Azande.

Well, the civ concept itself is really weird I must say. I would have never thought about playing the Barbarians, making them an historical civ may had been more appealing. (Which one, that I don't know).

I am using Gaiseric, King of the Vandals, as the Leader of the Barbarians for now, although the Unit and UI have nothing to do with them specifically.

I like strange/unusual ideas, but most of them are just hard or impossible to relate with historical figures. I have two more civs in the to-do list that are history-bound, though (one of them has a special ability that razes your own cities :lol:).

Tibetan Empire, led by Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama:

<Steam>​

Uniques
UA: Chomolungma - Cities are considered to have Moutain adjacency for Building and Wonder requirement purpouses. Aftr the discovery of Philosophy, once per turn, civilians may try to climb Mountains for a chance at a reward.
(works with any building added by other mods)

UU: Sherpa Mountaineer - Replaces the Scout. Has double movement on, and is stronger while fighting in Hills, is a bit stronger and may try to climb Mountain as if it was Civilian. While stationed in a city founded by Tibet, grants its city +1 :c5happy:Happiness.

UB: Stupa - Replaces the Amphitheater. Has a Great Work of Writing slot. Produce 1 :c5faith:Faith and 1 :c5culture:Culture, +1 :c5culture:Culture for each nearby Mountain. After the discovery of Architecture, generate +1 :tourism:Tourism.

NEW WORLD WONDERS!
Potala Palace
- Upon completion, gives 2 Culture and Faith for each Citizen in the city. +2 Tourism after Architeture. Has 2 slots for Great Works of Writing.
- Requires a nearby Mountain.

Tashilhunpo Monastery
- +1 Population in each of your Cities following your Religion. +3 Happiness. +1 Tourism after Flight.
- Requires an adjacent Mountain and that the Player has founded a Religion.

Now this sounds like fun, I wonder what the benefits from climbing the mountain are, but I guess I won't figure out until installing the mod!

I wonder how powerful would it be to have observatories everywhere...

Bane_, for your need to do list on the Tibetan Empire, try putting spelling things right. :p I noticed a few mistakes with Mountain and purposes.

Haha, thank you. Minor typos, not misspelling. :)
I found one of each and also the 'Aftr', all in the UA; where else did you found typos?

What is the convention about punctuation after quotations in Canada, by the way? I believe they must be used either inside or outside by American- and English-rules, yet each has it's own particularity about where, but always present. :confused:

Lead the quasi-mythical Crusaders in their quest to free Anatolia from the clutches of the Turks and restore the Christian access to our Holy Lands, beating the herectic muslims and saving their souls from the eternal fire!
With the power of the Roman Court, send the powerful Crusader to take enemy lands; as your Religion grows in power, so does the Crusader! With Faith and the hand of God at his side, no single man can stop a Crusader from achieving his Holy Goal.

<CivFanatics> || <Steam>​

I would have expected King Baldwin the Leper as a leader of the Crusader States... but I guess Pope Urban kinda fits too... interesting civ anyways, finally there's a good reason to have Inquisitors.

The Azande are, at the very minimum, disabling the lua on what seems like all of Tomatekh's civs, based on past experiences. Who knows what other problems they might have been causing, but I narrowed it down to them.

I don't know if the mods and the thread are still maintained by the creator, but while playing with the Tibet mod I noticed that the Tibet UA of considering every city as being next to/close to mountains seems to be malfunctioning, in that it seems to have spread to every civ in the game. Was just playing a game with the mod enabled, but NOT playing Tibet, and I was able to build things like Machu Picchu and Observatories in cities on flat terrain. Looking around with IGE showed that the same goes for AI civs as well.

Granted, I'm using a whole lot of different mods as well, but this problem wasn't present until I added the Tibet civ. Mod collision doesn't seem to be the issue either since none of the other mods I use touch upon the <Mountain>/<NearbyMountainRequired> building requirements and related mechanics at all besides adding new buildings with said requirements, but I'm not too savvy on how mods work so that could possibly be a factor?.

Does anyone know how to fix this? If all fails, I guess I should resort to excising the two Tibetan Wonders and use them as a separate mod as they're interesting and work fine. The civ has an interesting premise, I hope someone can address this issue, it would be a shame not to be able to properly play as/against them.

Top Bottom