AW's New Civilizations | The Sixteen Nation Project [G&K/BNW]

How should the Berbers be updated?

• Total voters
I hope the UI isn't OP. :p

Oh, and I figured out why the Samanid E&D isn't working; some pretty boneheaded mistakes on my part. :cringe: Ironically enough, I found the errors when I was tired and sleepy, with brain function reaching its minimum. Maybe I should do all my coding at midnight. :crazyeye: So maybe I'll get the patch out tomorrow.

Anyway, now I'm working on another conquest civ that I think you'll all enjoy. Specifically a theomaniacal, overzealous crazed holy war warmonger. :D

Here is the updated Samanid E&D files, which should hopefully work better. Not updating the whole mod, since I'm lazy. Basically, use these files to override the contents of all the files in *mod path*/Compatibility/Events and Decisions. One file at a time or just switch out the whole folder, it doesn't really matter.

^ Grade A mod surgery instructions right there, extra points for detail :p

EDIT: Getting very close to time for another teaser... :D

If you loved the last civ... :D

...to be honest, you'll probably be much less impressed with this one. :p
But maybe you'll like it anyway:

Spoiler :

If no one can guess this...

For this civ I'm offering positions of beta-version playtester - since some of the unique component effects require in-game environments that I can't produce with FireTuner or IGE, I'm hoping someone will have the patience to play a significant way into a game with the civ in order to test the effects. Basically, because I'm lazy. :p
Beta playtesters also get to have input on UA effects. :D (like, if I should make them more creative, because right now...) They will, of course, be sworn to secrecy regarding any aspect of the mod. Can't let too much information that people like to have be leaker out, after all. :p

Can I playtest it? Please? I have some experience with testing mods(ha).
(I may or may not post screenshots on steam when I found bugs, though)

For some reason Georgia is conflicting with historical religions complete. When I have both running, all of the religions are gone from the civlopedia.

I have the same problem with the Georgia mod and historical religions. Can you look at it?

*groans* Georgia...
I'll be honest here; Georgia's code is a minefield. I've kinda given up trying to make sense of how it's organized, it's so messy. For example, there are some 15 lua files and only about 3 of them are used; some are empty; many were failed attempts to make functional UAs.

But I can try, yes. My first suspicion is it might involve Machiavelli24's religion snippets that I included in my mod, but that's purely a guess. In the meanwhile, do you have any log errors to report? They might have something to say about the matter.
(And I'll remind you that logs need to be enabled before they yield any error messages)

I stopped having the problem when I removed the SQL folder, if that helps. I don't know how vital that is for the mod though.

Yeah, that would get rid of Machiavelli's Religion Snippets, so that probably settles that. I'll remove that in the next update, which will be when I add E&D compatibility, which will be heaven knows when. Until then, anyone with this probably can easily solve the problem by deleting the SQL folder.

Well the icon atlas is also in there so maybe just delete all of the contents except that?

That file is only needed if you want to use Georgia's alternate icon, which resembles the modern flag of Georgia. Else, it can be removed - after all, didn't the icons not disappear when you deleted it and it worked fine after all?

(The actual icon atlases are in GameInfo/GeorgianData)

Playing as Urartu, got a bug where the buttons on the resource placement popup do nothing and I can't continue my game.

I'm thinking it may be a terrain thing. The city I founded was surrounded by hills and mountains and the game wanted to place wheat or wine, which (I think) can only go on flat terrain.

Any advance on new mods?

*Laughing out loud*

If you loved the last civ... :D

...to be honest, you'll probably be much less impressed with this one. :p
But maybe you'll like it anyway:

Spoiler :

If no one can guess this...

For this civ I'm offering positions of beta-version playtester - since some of the unique component effects require in-game environments that I can't produce with FireTuner or IGE, I'm hoping someone will have the patience to play a significant way into a game with the civ in order to test the effects. Basically, because I'm lazy. :p
Beta playtesters also get to have input on UA effects. :D (like, if I should make them more creative, because right now...) They will, of course, be sworn to secrecy regarding any aspect of the mod. Can't let too much information that people like to have be leaker out, after all. :p

my knowledge of iberian history is poor, but whatever...
so are you making a portugal/asturias/navarre/spain/aragon/castille civ?

Again, Hiram, just telling me that something isn't working tells me nothing. I don't know what part of the code to fix without an error report.

It could be something as minor as a single missing letter in this wall of code:
Spoiler :
Code:
--[[
	This file is a congolmeration of the Crops, Metal and Livestock files. 
	 The need arose due to load attribute restrictions for UI files.
]]--

-- Credit to JFD for this function
function GetRandom(lower, upper)
    return Game.Rand((upper + 1) - lower, "") + lower
end

DebugPrintMessages = true
function PrintDebug(sMessage)
	if DebugPrintMessages then
		print(sMessage)
	end
end

tPlainsTiles = {}
tGrassTiles = {}
tElseTiles = {}

include("PlotIterators.lua")
include("IconSupport")
-- CROPS
function AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Crops_Popup(iPlayer, iCity)
	local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]
	local pCity = pPlayer:GetCityByID(iCity)
	Controls.AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Crops_Label:LocalizeAndSetText("TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_CROPS_LABEL", pCity:GetName())
	CivIconHookup(iPlayer, 64, Controls.Icon, Controls.CivIconBG, Controls.CivIconShadow, false, true )
	Controls.AW_Urartu_UA_UI_BG:SetHide(false)
	Controls.AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Crops_UI:SetHide(false)
end
Controls.SelectWheat:RegisterCallback(Mouse.eLClick, function()
	-- Place wheat
	local pPlot = tPlainsTiles[GetRandom(1, #tPlainsTiles)]
	pPlot:SetResourceType(GameInfoTypes.RESOURCE_WHEAT, 1)
	-- Close Window
	Controls.AW_Urartu_UA_UI_BG:SetHide(true)
	Controls.AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Crops_UI:SetHide(true)
end)
Controls.SelectWine:RegisterCallback(Mouse.eLClick, function()
	-- Place Wine --
	local pPlot = tPlainsTiles[GetRandom(1, #tPlainsTiles)]
	pPlot:SetResourceType(GameInfoTypes.RESOURCE_WINE, 1)
	-- Close Window
	Controls.AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Crops_UI:SetHide(true)
end)
-- LIVESTOCK 
function AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Livestock_Popup(iPlayer, iCity)
	Controls.AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Livestock_Label:LocalizeAndSetText("TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_LIVESTOCK_LABEL", pCity:GetName())
	CivIconHookup(iPlayer, 64, Controls.Icon, Controls.CivIconBG, Controls.CivIconShadow, false, true )
	Controls.AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Livestock_UI:SetHide(false)
end
Controls.SelectCattle:RegisterCallback(Mouse.eLClick, function()
	-- Place Cattle --
	local pPlot = tGrassTiles[GetRandom(1, #tGrassTiles)]
	pPlot:SetResourceType(GameInfoTypes.RESOURCE_COW, 1)
	-- Close Window
	Controls.AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Livestock_UI:SetHide(true)
end)
Controls.SelectHorses:RegisterCallback(Mouse.eLClick, function()
	-- Place Horses --
	local pPlot = tGrassTiles[GetRandom(1, #tGrassTiles)]
		local HorseQuantities = {}
			HorseQuantities[1] = 2
			HorseQuantities[2] = 4
	pPlot:SetResourceType(GameInfoTypes.RESOURCE_HORSE, HorseQuantities[GetRandom(1,2)])
	-- Close Window
	Controls.AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Livestock_UI:SetHide(true)
end)
-- METAL
function AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Metal_Popup(iPlayer, iCity)
	Controls.AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Metal_Label:LocalizeAndSetText("TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_METAL_LABEL", pCity:GetName())
	Controls.AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Metal_UI:SetHide(false)
end
Controls.SelectCopper:RegisterCallback(Mouse.eLClick, function()
	-- Place Copper -
	local pPlot = tElseTiles[GetRandom(1, #tElseTiles)]
	pPlot:SetResourceType(GameInfoTypes.RESOURCE_COPPER, 1)
	-- Close Window
	Controls.AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Metal_UI:SetHide(true)
end)
Controls.SelectIron:RegisterCallback(Mouse.eLClick, function()
	-- Place Iron --
	local pPlot = tElseTiles[GetRandom(1, #tElseTiles)]
	local IronQuantities = {}
		IronQuantities[1] = 2
		IronQuantities[2] = 6
	pPlot:SetResourceType(GameInfoTypes.RESOURCE_IRON, IronQuantities[GetRandom(1,2)])
	-- Close  Window
	Controls.AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Metal_UI:SetHide(true)
end)

GameEvents.PlayerCityFounded.Add(
function(iPlayer, iX, iY)
	if not (pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == GameInfoTypes.CIVILIZATION_AW_URARTU) then return end
	if not (pPlayer:IsHuman()) then return end
	PrintDebug("Hoo[ra{h,y}] four Your Are Too!")
	local iChance = GetRandom(1,2)
	PrintDebug("Rolling dice...")
	if (iChance == 2) then
		PrintDebug("Gambling paid off! We\'s got\'s ourselves a 2!")
		local pPlot = Map.GetPlot(iX, iY)
		local pCity = pPlot:GetPlotCity()

PrintDebug("Deleting tables. Don\'t cry; we\'ll reinitialize them later...")
		tPlainsTiles = {}
		tGrassTiles = {}
		tElseTiles = {}

--		if (tPlainsTiles == nil) then
--			PrintDebug("tPlainsTiles is nil?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")
--			tPlainsTiles = {}
--		end
--		if (tGrassTiles == nil) then
--			PrintDebug("tGrassTiles is nil?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")
--			tGrassTiles = {}
--		end
--		if (tElseTiles == nil) then
--			PrintDebug("tElseTiles is nil?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")
--			tElseTiles = {}
--		end

for pLoopPlot in PlotAreaSweepIterator(pPlot, 1, SECTOR_NORTH, DIRECTION_CLOCKWISE, DIRECTION_OUTWARDS, CENTRE_EXCLUDE) do
			if (not ((pLoopPlot:GetPlotType() == PlotTypes.NO_PLOT) or (pLoopPlot:GetPlotType() == PlotTypes.PLOT_MOUNTAIN) or (pLoopPlot:GetPlotType() == PlotTypes.PLOT_OCEAN))) and (pLoopPlot:GetResourceType() == -1) then
				if (pLoopPlot:GetTerrainType() == GameInfoTypes.TERRAIN_PLAINS) and (pLoopPlot:GetFeatureType() == -1) and (pLoopPlot:GetPlotType() ~= PlotTypes.PLOT_HILLS) then
					PrintDebug("Inserting to tPlainsTiles.?!@#$%^&*()")
					table.insert(tPlainsTiles, pLoopPlot)
				elseif (pLoopPlot:GetTerrainType() == GameInfoTypes.TERRAIN_GRASS) and (pLoopPlot:GetFeatureType() == -1) and (pLoopPlot:GetPlotType() ~= PlotTypes.PLOT_HILLS) then
					PrintDebug("Inserting to tGrassTiles")
					table.insert(tGrassTiles, pLoopPlot)
				else
					PrintDebug("Inserting to tElseTiles")
					table.insert(tElseTiles, pLoopPlot)
				end
			end
		end
		PrintDebug("Hold up! Let's check our variables!")
		PrintDebug("There are "..#tPlainsTiles.." plots in tPlainsTiles, "..#tGrassTiles.." plots in tGrassTiles, and "..#tElseTiles.." plots in tElseTiles.")
		if (#tPlainsTiles >= #tGrassTiles) and (#tPlainsTiles >= #tElseTiles) then
			PrintDebug("Ergo crops!")
			AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Crops_Popup(iPlayer, pCity:GetID())
		elseif (#tGrassTiles >= #tPlainsTiles) and (#tGrassTiles >= #tElseTiles) then
			PrintDebug("Ergo livestock")
			AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Livestock_Popup(iPlayer, pCity:GetID())
		elseif (#tElseTiles >= #tGrassTiles) and (#tElseTiles >= #tPlainsTiles) then
			PrintDebug("Ergo metal!")
			AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Metal_Popup(iPlayer, pCity:GetID())
		end
	else
		PrintDebug("These dice suck -- we got a 1! Time to rage-quit and reload a savegame! ARRRRGH!")
	end
end)
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- This file is a congolmeration of the Crops, Metal and Livestock files. 
	 The need arose due to load attribute restrictions for UI files. -->
<Context>
	<Box ID="AW_Urartu_UA_UI_BG" Style="BGBlock_ClearTopBar" Hidden="1"/>
	<!-- CROPS -->
	<Grid ID="AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Crops_UI" Size="600,300" Anchor="C,C" Style="Grid9DetailFive140" ConsumeMouse="1" Hidden="1">
		<Image Anchor="C,T" AnchorSide="I.O" Size="256,64" Offset="0,-14"  Texture="assets\UI\Art\Icons\Top512IconTrim.dds" >
			<Image ID="CivIconBG" Size="64.64" Anchor="C,C" Offset="-1,-1" TextureOffset="77,0" Texture="CivIconBGSizes.dds" />
			<Image ID="CivIconShadow" Size="48.48" Anchor="C,C" Offset="0,0" Texture="CivSymbolAtlas48.dds" Color="Black.128"/>
			<Image ID="Icon" Size="48,48" Offset="-1,-1"  Anchor="C,C" Texture="CivSymbolsColor512.dds" />
		</Image>
		<Label ID="AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Crops_Label" Offset="0,-20" WrapWidth="500" Anchor="C,C" Font="TwCenMT22" FontStyle="Shadow" ColorSet="Beige_Black_Alpha" String="TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_CROPS_LABEL"/>
		<Box Anchor="C,B" AnchorSide="I.I" Offset="0,54" Size="450,56" Color="255,255,255,0">
			<!-- Wheat -->
			<GridButton ID="SelectWheat" Anchor="C,C" Style="SmallButton" Size="150,32" Offset="-100,0" StateOffsetIncrement="0,0" ToolTip="TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_CROPS_WHEAT_TOOLTIP">
				<Label Anchor="C,C" Offset="0,0" String="TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_CROPS_WHEAT" Font="TwCenMT18" ColorSet="Beige_Black_Alpha" FontStyle="Shadow"/>
			</GridButton>
			<!-- Wine -->
			<GridButton ID="SelectWine" Anchor="C,C" Style="SmallButton" Size="150,32" Offset="100,0" StateOffsetIncrement="0,0" ToolTip="TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_CROPS_WINE_TOOLTIP">
				<Label Anchor="C,C" Offset="0,0" String="TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_CROPS_WINE" Font="TwCenMT18" ColorSet="Beige_Black_Alpha" FontStyle="Shadow"/>
			</GridButton>
		</Box>
	</Grid>
	<!-- LIVESTOCK -->
	<Grid ID="AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Livestock_UI" Size="600,300" Anchor="C,C" Style="Grid9DetailFive140" ConsumeMouse="1" Hidden="1">
		<Image Anchor="C,T" AnchorSide="I.O" Size="256,64" Offset="0,-14"  Texture="assets\UI\Art\Icons\Top512IconTrim.dds" >
			<Image ID="CivIconBG" Size="64.64" Anchor="C,C" Offset="-1,-1" TextureOffset="77,0" Texture="CivIconBGSizes.dds" />
			<Image ID="CivIconShadow" Size="48.48" Anchor="C,C" Offset="0,0" Texture="CivSymbolAtlas48.dds" Color="Black.128"/>
			<Image ID="Icon" Size="48,48" Offset="-1,-1"  Anchor="C,C" Texture="CivSymbolsColor512.dds" />
		</Image>
		<Label ID="AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Livestock_Label" Offset="0,-20" WrapWidth="500" Anchor="C,C" Font="TwCenMT22" FontStyle="Shadow" ColorSet="Beige_Black_Alpha" String="TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_LIVESTOCK_LABEL"/>
		<Box Anchor="C,B" AnchorSide="I.I" Offset="0,54" Size="450,56" Color="255,255,255,0">
			<!-- Cattle -->
			<GridButton ID="SelectCattle" Anchor="C,C" Style="SmallButton" Size="150,32" Offset="-100,0" StateOffsetIncrement="0,0" ToolTip="TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_LIVESTOCK_CATTLE_TOOLTIP">
				<Label Anchor="C,C" Offset="0,0" String="TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_LIVESTOCK_CATTLE" Font="TwCenMT18" ColorSet="Beige_Black_Alpha" FontStyle="Shadow"/>
			</GridButton>
			<!-- Horses -->
			<GridButton ID="SelectHorses" Anchor="C,C" Style="SmallButton" Size="150,32" Offset="100,0" StateOffsetIncrement="0,0" ToolTip="TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_LIVESTOCK_HORSES_TOOLTIP">
				<Label Anchor="C,C" Offset="0,0" String="TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_LIVESTOCK_HORSES" Font="TwCenMT18" ColorSet="Beige_Black_Alpha" FontStyle="Shadow"/>
			</GridButton>
		</Box>
	</Grid>
	<!-- METAL -->
	<Grid ID="AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Metal_UI" Size="600,300" Anchor="C,C" Style="Grid9DetailFive140" ConsumeMouse="1" Hidden="1">
		</Image>
		<Label ID="AW_Urartu_UA_UI_Metal_Label" Offset="0,-20" WrapWidth="500" Anchor="C,C" Font="TwCenMT22" FontStyle="Shadow" ColorSet="Beige_Black_Alpha" String="TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_METAL_LABEL"/>
			<!-- Copper -->
			<GridButton ID="SelectCopper" Anchor="C,C" Style="SmallButton" Size="150,32" Offset="-100,0" StateOffsetIncrement="0,0" ToolTip="TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_METAL_COPPER_TOOLTIP">
				<Label Anchor="C,C" Offset="0,0" String="TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_METAL_COPPER" Font="TwCenMT18" ColorSet="Beige_Black_Alpha" FontStyle="Shadow"/>
			</GridButton>
			<!-- Iron -->
			<GridButton ID="SelectIron" Anchor="C,C" Style="SmallButton" Size="150,32" Offset="100,0" StateOffsetIncrement="0,0" ToolTip="TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_METAL_IRON_TOOLTIP">
				<Label Anchor="C,C" Offset="0,0" String="TXT_KEY_AW_URARTU_UA_UI_METAL_IRON" Font="TwCenMT18" ColorSet="Beige_Black_Alpha" FontStyle="Shadow"/>
			</GridButton>
		</Box>
	</Grid>
</Context>
And I don't particularly care to sift through that with a fine-toothed comb until I find the problem.

Top Bottom