The Dragon Age Mod Project

Quick update, since it's something I'm extremely proud of so far, here's the WIP for the Archon Thalsian leader art.

Qunari Commander .blend is done (i.e., extracted from Dragon Age); I just need to rig it to a unit and add a weapon:

Spoiler :

Again, very high polycount (~12,000 vs. 800-1,200 for a typical CiV unit) so best used as a hero unit. I can take the base vampire swordsman and apply just the armor if you want a decent lower-poly hybrid as a generic Qunari. I plan on modifying the existing one per the unit request thread, anyway.

Is there any unit in particular that you want these to emulate? I frankly don't know much about Dragon Age, so you will have to guide me on what weapons, armor, etc. you will want for each unit type. There is a good visual resource here; most of those weapons I can download as mesh.

Just wanting to rattle off a few ideas I've had in regards to the eventual total conversion Dragon Age mod.

The idea is to cut off everything in the tech tree after the Renaissance, and then add a bunch more units, buildings, and techs to stretch the remaining tree out over the 10 ages so far of Thedas. That originally included completely removing archeology and antiquity sites, but I had an idea; Why not rename the antiquity sites to Elven Ruins or Lost Thaigs, and have some sort of archeologist replacement be able to dig them up? Instead of yielding artifacts, they could give something akin to what the in-game ancient ruins do, but better stuff, with custom texts each time one is excavated.

I have some nice ruins, lairs, and whatnot that can be used in lieu of the base art, mostly from BFME II:

Spoiler :

I have some nice ruins, lairs, and whatnot that can be used in lieu of the base art, mostly from BFME II:

Oh wow, that's awesome! It's a shame it's impossible to change city art, because that top one could quite easily be used as a Wonder model, if nothing else.

Qunari Commander .blend is done (i.e., extracted from Dragon Age); I just need to rig it to a unit and add a weapon:

Spoiler :

Again, very high polycount (~12,000 vs. 800-1,200 for a typical CiV unit) so best used as a hero unit. I can take the base vampire swordsman and apply just the armor if you want a decent lower-poly hybrid as a generic Qunari. I plan on modifying the existing one per the unit request thread, anyway.

Is there any unit in particular that you want these to emulate? I frankly don't know much about Dragon Age, so you will have to guide me on what weapons, armor, etc. you will want for each unit type. There is a good visual resource here; most of those weapons I can download as mesh.

Oh, awesome. Kinda sucks that they can't be used as generic units, but for that one, the best use would be for the Arishok and the Ben-Hassreth.

I found this here, a collection of sword models that could potentially be used: http://berserker79.deviantart.com/art/Dragon-Age-II-Greatswords-Model-Pack-479149806

And using those, the Ben-Hassreth would use the Asala (5th from the top), while the Arishok (wearing red armour) would use the Bassrath-Kata (2nd from the top)

And here's a good reference of the Arishok:
Spoiler :

Thank you many times over for this.

Huzzah! An Avvar mage! (Reskin of the sorceress unit created by Nomad or What, here)

I have no idea as to just why neither the alpha or the icon are working, though. D:

Hey, just checking in to confirm I'm very much still active on the map making side of things. Would like to encourage the civs to be put out as soon as possible, even if they are in a very basic form to be updated later with the final version. It would help immensely to have the actual civs themselves to work with instead of placeholders.

Thanks

I know there's already a lot on the plate here, I just have some suggestions to incorporate two of my favorite characters from DA2.

Slave Rebellion and Mage Rebellion civs! Featuring Fenris and Anders!
I think that, for the Slave Rebellion, Great Generals could spawn along with a special unit, Slaver Slayers. Not sure what would make them special though. I'm just a suggestion machine, not a modder. Also, if an enemy captures a Slave Rebellion city, it generates twice the unhappiness of a regular captured city, and Courthouses would take twice as long to build.

Mage Rebellion could have a special mage ranged unit to replace archers or something that continue to be useful to endgame. Also, if an enemy occupies a Mage Rebellion city, there could be a probability for the Rebellion to raze the city themselves every turn the city is occupied.

I know there's already a lot on the plate here, I just have some suggestions to incorporate two of my favorite characters from DA2.

Slave Rebellion and Mage Rebellion civs! Featuring Fenris and Anders!
I think that, for the Slave Rebellion, Great Generals could spawn along with a special unit, Slaver Slayers. Not sure what would make them special though. I'm just a suggestion machine, not a modder. Also, if an enemy captures a Slave Rebellion city, it generates twice the unhappiness of a regular captured city, and Courthouses would take twice as long to build.

Mage Rebellion could have a special mage ranged unit to replace archers or something that continue to be useful to endgame. Also, if an enemy occupies a Mage Rebellion city, there could be a probability for the Rebellion to raze the city themselves every turn the city is occupied.

I do appreciate the suggestions and the enthusiasm, but I'm sorry to say, I highly doubt I will be including either of those. If it helps in any way, Anders will be included in the Spy list for the Anderfels.

The only one that works for me is kirkwall i dont know what the problem is.

Gonna have to be more specific; what exactly isn't working?

Gonna have to be more specific; what exactly isn't working?
All of them just say txt_key_civ_ferelden or something like that and now kirkwall doesnt work cause i re-downloaded the others to see if that would work and it wont let me use any of them and when i try to it messes up my game and i have to get out of it using the task manager.

All of them just say txt_key_civ_ferelden or something like that and now kirkwall doesnt work cause i re-downloaded the others to see if that would work and it wont let me use any of them and when i try to it messes up my game and i have to get out of it using the task manager.

First, make sure everything is updated to the latest version.

If they are, try deleting all their files from your Mods folder (under My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS). Then go to Steam and unsubscribe from all of them. Then, go to My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache and delete the file titled Civ5ModsDatabase. Re-subscribe, then boot the game up and see if that works.

First, make sure everything is updated to the latest version.

If they are, try deleting all their files from your Mods folder (under My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS). Then go to Steam and unsubscribe from all of them. Then, go to My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache and delete the file titled Civ5ModsDatabase. Re-subscribe, then boot the game up and see if that works.
I have to use a direct download so no steam workshop.

I do strongly recommend using the Steam Workshop whenever possible, since updates (including a huge overhaul of most of the already released civs that's coming soon) will only show up if you're subscribed there.

But, if the workshop is an absolute no-go, here are the direct download links:

Antiva:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sro2pmrryhnbp38/(Dragon_Age_Mod_Project)_Antiva_(v_6).rar
Dalish:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lvia4c5c9suni9u/(Dragon_Age_Mod_Project)_The_Dalish_(v_4).rar
Ferelden:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dz2i9jsvgzqptsa/(Dragon_Age_Mod_Project)_Ferelden_(v_8).rar
Kirkwall:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lcdb760cowgjkwb/(Dragon_Age_Mod_Project)_Kirkwall_(v_7).rar
Orlais:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4b2amveeca0zmcb/(Dragon_Age_Mod_Project)_Orlais_(v_5).rar
Tevinter (still a WIP as far as art goes, but it is 100% playable.)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1drad3dg5x2265w/(Dragon_Age_Mod_Project)_Tevinter_(v_1).rar
They all work now i tried Tevinter though and since the slaves have no artwork it crashes the game but its unfinished so its understandable but all of the finished ones work now so its fine.

They all work now i tried Tevinter though and since the slaves have no artwork it crashes the game but its unfinished so its understandable but all of the finished ones work now so its fine.

Oh crap. I forgot that I was using the Tevinter's slave unit to test a unit I made for someone else. Here's a new link for Tevinter with (what should be) working slave units:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/g9jh5wa090h5p6l/(Dragon_Age_Mod_Project)_Tevinter_(v_1).rar

As a bit of an update on the fourth unique component bit I mentioned earlier;

Spoiler :

Ferelden's getting a second unique unit.

(no, it won't be that big. I just have it like that for now to test it.)

I completed the Qunari base unit from the Vampire Swordsman unit that you had previously requested in the unit request thread. I can create an entire basic lineup from this base unit, increasing complexity with armor and weapons:

Spoiler :

To be honest, it is a bit too crude for my taste and I will continue with the "Hero" lineup using the high-poly Qunari meshes imported from DA as well. Any kind of guidance on the specifics of what you are wanting for each unit would be helpful; I can import the weapons from DA if that is your preference for each unit.

I completed the Qunari base unit from the Vampire Swordsman unit that you had previously requested in the unit request thread. I can create an entire basic lineup from this base unit, increasing complexity with armor and weapons:

Spoiler :

To be honest, it is a bit too crude for my taste and I will continue with the "Hero" lineup using the high-poly Qunari meshes imported from DA as well. Any kind of guidance on the specifics of what you are wanting for each unit would be helpful; I can import the weapons from DA if that is your preference for each unit.

Actually, with a reskin, I think it would look really good. It just looks a tad too Vampiric right now. Here, I've already started with the face and hair:

Spoiler :

I think I made the face a tad too dark, and the armour hasn't even been touched, but I think it definitely will work well. Thank you so much for doing this.

As for further guidance/specifics, would it be easier to talk over Steam? I use it to talk to Civitar about his icons a fair bit.

Top Bottom