Double Your Pleasure

Maybe I'm just being grumpy, but I still don't see the need to make it a chain in the first place.

After all, it would be easier just being able to set the "Upgrade to" attribute without having to worry about any 'chain'.

Does anyone know what would happen if "Upgrade to" attributes were set as I suggested previously?

[ Edit: Ok, I took a cold shower and figured it out myself - no need to elaborate on this any more. I still think it's a dumb workaround though :p ]

Originally posted by Kal-el
pesoloco,

actually i used your spirit of st. louis and your sydney opera house, but the circus maximus i got from caesar 3.

thanks for the images. I think i mentioned you in the readme, if not the oversight will be corrected.

cool. :lol: :goodjob:

At the end of my first turn it bugged ( bad allocation). I'm using the 0.2 version.
Do you know why???? I just copied the file into the right directory is there something else to do??? I want to play, I want to play!!!!

most likely has something to do with the unit files. double check everything to make sure the unit files are in the right folders. This will all be cleaned up in the next release, now that we have Isak working on it, and are not leaving it up to me.

The next release is not scheduiled until after the release of the latest patch. Hopefully the patch will lift some of the restrictions I was running into with regards to improvements, units and resources. xed fingers

For those dying to Double Their Pleasure ;)

[Edited out Installation Instructions for v.0.2]

Get Version 0.3 from The Double Your Pleasure Website instead.

//Release manager signing out// :crazyeye:

Originally posted by grunging
Ok i'll try to stop playing civ3 for a few days (prety hard isn't it?)

You think that was hard, try stopping play so that you can finish up the graphics you need to finish so the release manager does not cancel Valentines Day and Easter too!!! :lol: (inside joke ;) )
UPDATE: Christmas has been re-instated per the release manager!! YA-HOOOOO :)

Anyway, here are the finished graphics I've been working on. If you guys have any suggestions after they are installed, let me know, as I am already putting together version 2.0.

They are broken down into 3, not 4 and not 2, files (to meet the 500k limit). Make sure the files are unzipped into the C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Civilopedia\Icons\Buildings folder.

Note: 1) These files posted for Kal-el's benefit (Hotmail can accept large files :mad: )
2) You need WinAce to open these files. It can be found on the internet at .winace.com .

UPDAETD FILE - CORRECTIONS MADE

Attachments

• buildings1of3.ace
    421 KB · Views: 205
Hi

Nightstorm
Great work putting all the pics together.

But I was looking thru the third file & noticed that there was no
stonehengelarge or pathenonlarge pcx file.

Are these pic's needed ? :confused:

whew! this mod sounds awesome! but it goes waaaaaaaay over my head... how long does it take for most of you to get everything set up right and good? there must be a better way...

Originally posted by nzrock
Hi

Nightstorm
Great work putting all the pics together.

But I was looking thru the third file & noticed that there was no
stonehengelarge or pathenonlarge pcx file.

Are these pic's needed ? :confused:

My bad :( . I somehow left them out of the file. But, that has been corrected. All three files were changed to meet the size limits and to add in some others that were left out, so I appologize that you have to download three files again.... Hope you have cable!! :p (let me know if there are any more missing.)

Originally posted by Exsanguination
whew! this mod sounds awesome! but it goes waaaaaaaay over my head... how long does it take for most of you to get everything set up right and good? there must be a better way...

Let me see...yes, this is by far the most awesome mod in existance...it pretty much turns this game into Civilization IV. Way over your head, nah...pretty easy when you get into it. Just read some of the posts in this thread and play a few times and it will all make sense. How long does it take...don't ask, you don't want to know...Kal-el will probably never be done or satisfied with it (pokes Kal-el in the side and laughs :rolleyes: ). A better way, nope...this is the only way and we WILL convert all disbelievers.

Oh yeah, and did I mention the buildings :D :goodjob: :lol:

Any ideas/comments/suggestions for my buildings version 2.0 let me know guys...enjoy them...

Originally posted by Isak
For those dying to Double Their Pleasure ;)

If you go to thefirst page of the thread, in Kal-El's first post, there are 6 files, and you'll need all of those in order to play.
1of3_Kal-els_Double_Your_Pleasure_Civ3mod_v0.1.zip
2of3_Kal-els_Double_Your_Pleasure_Science_Advisor.zip
3of3_Kal-els_Double_Your_Pleasure_Wonder_Splashes.zip
DyP_patch_v0.2.zip
tech chooser.zip
dyp_inifiles_v0203.zip

As far as I can see, this does not provide any unit files apart from the ini files, so it shouldn't work :( . As I'm pretty sure the previous downloads (on page 2 and 3 of this threads) provide several duplicated files, I would strongly suggest that Isak provides a new unit download.

Rob,

if only we could devote our entire lives to civ3 ...

we are working on the mod, but we have outside lives as well, believe it or not.

All the files that are needed to play this mod are here on this thread. the unit files may not be in the first thread, but they are on the thread, in several places.

the end user just needs to download the units and then install the updated ini files over those.

we will eventually get all the bugs worked out of this and have everything in one nice neat post, the first post. there will never be just one single complete download, there are too many additional files needed to play the game, not even considering all the added units. the next update will not be until after the next patch comes out. we are all waiting to see what firaxis has in store for us. until then ...

nzrock,

don't worry about the missing parthenonlarge.pxc, the parthenon didn't make it into the mod. almost, but not quite.

Originally posted by Kal-el
Rob,

if only we could devote our entire lives to civ3 ...

we are working on the mod, but we have outside lives as well, believe it or not.

He he, so do I :)
I get your point, I'm just a wee bit of a perfectionist :cry: and I like to simplify and structure things. Don't worry :D

I actually agree with Kal-El, that a bit of work should be expected in order to get this mod installed, but I'm also very much a perfectionist so I've decided to upload a units.zip.

I've updated the install instructions above, but note that right now I'm having some trouble with the fileserver, so the units.zip isn't downloadable yet - I will update this message when it is.

OK, It's working now - I just had me a case of the old "spot the missing capital letter - blues", so no need to blame the server

Hey folks,

If anyone has played the game through far enough to develop nuclear weapons, I need a copy of one of their saved games please. I need get a screen shot of the nuke going off and see if I can incorporate that into version 2.0 of the buildings. May even be able to use a screen shot or saved game of a nuke going off in Civ2 if anyone has one.

[UPDATE: Nevermind about Civ 2. The animations don't copy into a screen shot. Have tried 3 or 4 times now :mad: ]

Let me know what you guys got.

Nightstorm:
Isn't it possible to convert .flc's to pcx using Flicster? Then you could just convert the Tactical Nuke .flc's and voila .... Maybe some of the animation dudes know about this.

Kal-El:
What's your verdict on Patch 1.21f ?

Originally posted by Isak
Nightstorm:
Isn't it possible to convert .flc's to pcx using Flicster? Then you could just convert the Tactical Nuke .flc's and voila .... Maybe some of the animation dudes know about this.

Hmmm...good point...I'm not really up on Flicster (have looked at it but never created a unit)...but you bring up a good point...will look at that...

Top Bottom