[BtS] - Updates and progress

D'oh!

Yeah, that google pword is a PITA. It always gives the same one and I never remember to write it down. :(

lol, the CIV4PlotLSystem that I added to the project is just the vanilla xml file. Since Geomodder was having trouble adding files to the project, I added the file for him and was trying to see if he could change the files.

@Geomodder
If you are still having difficulties, try making a new project folder and seeing if it will let you do an svn commit.. with it.
Also make sure you are using the right username and password. your username should be 'Geomodder' and you must use the password given on this webpage: http://code.google.com/hosting/settings (It will be a random sequence of letters and numbers and be 8 characters long)

So, this means that nobody saw the Civ4LSystem.xml file I added? :(
And I already tried that, matthewv.
Is there a difference between teh svn 'commit' and the 'add' (when a blue '+' sign appears next to the file? This is what I did with the Civ4LSystem.xml last night.

Upload the zipped file here Geo and I'll see if I can commit it. I'll also pay attention to how I did it since I can't remember right now.

So, this means that nobody saw the Civ4LSystem.xml file I added? :(
And I already tried that, matthewv.
Is there a difference between teh svn 'commit' and the 'add' (when a blue '+' sign appears next to the file? This is what I did with the Civ4LSystem.xml last night.
Yes there is a difference. If you just do 'add..' nothing actually happens until you do 'svn commit..'. You have to do 'add..' and then do 'svn commit..' to add a file to the project.

matt - It's okay to start adding files right? I think you said it was, but I want to make sure. It's not going to break anything obviously since it doesn't work yet anyhow. :p

revision 7 done. 2 civilization files.

About the artwork...we're using the old terrain, resources, improvements, buildings, ect right? We can most likely use whatever files Geo has since he had the last Vanilla master.

revision 7 done. 2 civilization files.

About the artwork...we're using the old terrain, resources, improvements, buildings, ect right? We can most likely use whatever files Geo has since he had the last Vanilla master.

I still have the vanilla master.
I should be able to make a BtS package out of it, but of course the feature art will look horrific... (no complaint intended, matthewv)

I don't think you need to do anything with the art for it to work with BtS. The XML is what needs to tie it together.

I still have the vanilla master.
I should be able to make a BtS package out of it, but of course the feature art will look horrific... (no complaint intended, matthewv)

No harm done, I knew it looked horrible when I made it. The only reason it there is to act as a placeholder until some does a better job

Does anyone remember why we kept some of the vanilla improvements listed at the end of Civ4ImprovementInfos? I've converted the ones that SotM uses to BtS, but wonder why I should have to do the same for the others.

At revision 14 now. I won't be working on it again until late Monday most likely.

Does anyone remember why we kept some of the vanilla improvements listed at the end of Civ4ImprovementInfos? I've converted the ones that SotM uses to BtS, but wonder why I should have to do the same for the others.

Because it will give tons of errors if you don't remove them from PlotLSystem as well?

Because it will give tons of errors if you don't remove them from PlotLSystem as well?

I remember the error part come to think of it. :mad:

Geo - Can you make it so this isn't necessary in the LSystem?

I think I used matthewv's PlotLSystem in the last Vanilla Master version. Have to check to be sure but I thought he removed alot of unnecesary improvement entries.

Checked the PlotLSystem file. There's indeed no references to vanilla improvements, only the landworked huts (which we have graphics for) and the cottage entries (which we use atm for solar panels).

I have now a .svn update on everything Woodelf and matthewv committed. Hopefully with all the content in the .svn I can do new commits to, or at least updates from existing files.

Super.

The big hurdles remaining are the diploInfos XML, which I'm going to tackle Monday, and the tech tree (so we can link the Units, Buildings, Civics, ect). I also plan on putting the first era into XML Monday if I find time.

Diplo is done, but not commited since I'm at work. No new text for our leaders, but there shouldn't be XML issues when the mod is loaded.

Top Bottom