Is CivRev your first Civ game?

Is CivRev your first Civ game?

• Total voters
I started off in Civ 3, but bought Civ 4 Gold Edition when it came out, and Beyond the Sword, when it came out as well. I was an addicted Civ IV fan for a year, and then Civ Rev came out.. <3 I still haven't dropped Civ Rev, so it shows how awesome the game is.

I started with Civ1. It was a friend's, but he didn't have a computer to play it on so he came over to my house. I realize now that his copy was a pirated copy, but I had no idea back then. :blush:

Civ has followed me in all my phases of life since it came out.
Civ1-High School
Civ2- Army
Civ3- College
Civ4- Post-college
Civ5... starting a family?!? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Civ Rev is my first Civ game. I got hooked on the demo with my husband and have been playing the game solo for months now (he's moved on to sports sims) without losing interest. Based on how much we liked Civ Rev, we bought and tried Civ IV but its complexity bogged down our first game so much we never finished.

My kids played Civ I, II, III and IV. They kept telling me I should play this game, but I would nod and smile because I'd seen how long they spent playing and knew I couldn't do it. Now that I'm playing Civ Rev, they just roll their eyes. They're adults now and plotting to gang up on me in MP.

I started out on CIV IV back in 2005. My brother introduced me to the game one night downstairs at his bar. We were drinking adult beverages and he told me I had to see this PC game he had found. Being that I was and still am today a casual computer user at best, I was not as thrilled as he was about this game, but I told him I would give it a shot.
He did warn me however, that if I was to start playing this game I would be addicted and it would consume me for life (or at least until CIV V came out). :eek: Whatever, right?
Well almost 5 years later and he is right! It just keeps getting better and better, and those mods, oh boy.
I now have my 8 year old step son, hooked as well. We got him the CIV REV., but he is not that into it after playing the PC version. Seems too cartooish for our liking.

The two lifers

I played Civ I around when it first came out. I played civ II around when it first came out also. I played civ III about a year after it came out for a little bit, then started playing civ II again about a year and a half ago, then civ III a little over a year ago again in the Conquests version this time. I haven't played civ IV. I just started playing CivRev yesterday, and I think it a simpler introduction than civ I, civ II, or civ III since you don't develop terrain manually.

I started with CivIII back in 2002. I got Civ3Complete soon after it came out, but I never got into Civ4, I did not like it that much. However I did recently play the SNES version of CivI and the PS1 version of Civ2.
I just got CivRev today and I love it, but CivIII will always be my favorite.

I started with Civ 1 but only ever played it on Warlord level
Never played Civ 2 at all
Played Civ 3 tons
Still playing Civ 4
Never played Civ Rev.

First played civ1 when it came out for the SNES. ( played it more than any other SNES game) Later got Civ2 on PS1 the day it came out then early 03' finally afford a pc to play civ3 which I found CFC. So my first experience of civ was from a console.

I started with civ4 only a couple of years back (feels like longer!) when I very briefly played Call to Power and heard there were several versions of the game.

I started with the original Civ 1 more years ago than I care to remember and have worked my way through each and every release since :)

Civ peaked (for me) with Civ3:pTW and I've played relatively little since the release of Civ4 until this last week when I picked up CivRev on a whim. It might not be the most logical game but it sure brings back the fun and enjoyment!

Ted

Started on Civ 3. Didn't play it really. But got into civ on CIV 4

I voted Civ3 as that is the closest to reality, but my real start is missing from the poll: I started with Sid Meyer;s Alpha Centauri -- the SciFi Civ game, the story-sequel of all Civ games. I am a die-hard SMAC player, although I did try out Civ3 and Civ4 they just could not convert me over from SMAC. After the SciFi high-tech units of SMAC, half-naked muscle-man with clubs just don't cut it... :)
But I did get hooked onto CivRev, for the simple reason that it makes it possible to play lots of multi-player games in short time-range. The PC Civ games do have MP options, but PBEM takes forever (I do play several SMAC PBEMs even today) and IP games are hard to organize and even harder to complete, since 1 sitting is not enough to get anywhere.

civ 1 on the NES. Never played civ 2 but started back up on civ 3, tried civrev, and IMO its worse then civ 4.

Got a PS3 last month and this game looked good to me so got it last week.

I hadn't played computer/video games for years, I'm around 50 y.o.

After playing things like the different versions of Doom, Heretic, Quake for so long I got bored with it. Some improvements since then but still most games I know anything about now are done the same way.
Batman A.A. and Infamous were included with the PS3, bought Uncharted 2 and Little Big Planet right away at store, waited for delivery of Civ Rev while using the Demo.

I might need to check into getting earlier Civilization game for computer.

Gosh, I get to one up everybody. I was playing Civ before the personal computer was a common device. In the early to mid eighties some friends and I played Civilization the Board Game. It had many features which remain in place until this day: Filling a "food box" to grow your population. Losing population in order to create a new settler. Creating technologies in order to get new kinds of units. Even a trade system of sorts where you collected cards representing different commodities which could be traded in in groups for gold Risk style.

Gosh, I get to one up everybody. I was playing Civ before the personal computer was a common device. In the early to mid eighties some friends and I played Civilization the Board Game. It had many features which remain in place until this day: Filling a "food box" to grow your population. Losing population in order to create a new settler. Creating technologies in order to get new kinds of units. Even a trade system of sorts where you collected cards representing different commodities which could be traded in in groups for gold Risk style.

First one was civ 3 and never knew there was a civ board game

Top Bottom