Hulfgar's Modpack

I just downloaded the mod and everything seems to be working great. I am a huge fan of modding, coming from Civilization IV where it seems like it must be easier to to it. I have tried several other mods, but yours is the only one that seems to be working.

I hope they come out with some tools that would allow modders to create exciting new additions to the game, as I initially looked into modding myself but it seems beyond my capabilities (as well as most others it appears).

Thanks for a great mod!

Troy

I tried the latest CivUP/VEM mod and it is not letting me build either. The research tree seems fine though. I am having no problems with CCtP. Maybe this will help you determine the error.

Hello all,

first happy new year to everybody.
Sorry to answer so late but I had to reinstall everything on my PC (never let your 14 month old boy play with the computer !!!).

So some news :

For the defect tech tree for some users I still don't have a solution or even the slightest idea of what may cause it :-(

The release of the industrial part of the mod has been postponed because of some things not working anymore (scouts don't embark on ships and bombers can land on carriers what should not be possible).
If I can't fix this I will make some changes to drop those features.

this mod lacks a description of what it does

There is one description but it was probably to deep inside the first post.
I have moved it at the top of the post.

Thanks for the advice Killmeplease :)

Hulfgar- easy way to solve the proble. Convince your wife that your 14 month old needs your old computer and buy yourself a new bigger better faster model.

On a more serious note, a couple of minor issues.

1. With the bio refinery the mouse over advice indicates + - (happiness). It is unclear whether it is a loss or gain of happiness although it is explained in the Civipedia.

2. With the Holy War mouseover "temple" is spelled "tempel".

3. Did I not see a nuclear breeder in one of the games? I can't seem to find it anymore.

Cheers and happy modding for 2012.

Hello Cicerosaurus,

With the bio refinery the mouse over advice indicates + - (happiness).
Yes but it is not from the TXT files. Best guess is that the game is configured to spell exactly what is in the code with a "+" before it because in civ 5 buildings are supposed to give happiness, not to cost some !

With the Holy War mouseover "temple" is spelled "tempel".
thanks I will correct this in the next version.

Did I not see a nuclear breeder in one of the games? I can't seem to find it anymore.
If you mean the Nuclear Reprocessing Plant it is now a regular building that can be build in all cities, with less ouptut (+4 Uran for 1 Uran in cost) and a higher maintenance cost.

So you will find it in the regular buildings in the pedia.

To all :

The Industrial Mod is ready!
To 90% the features are the same as for this mod but the most advanced units are the early jet fighters and the atomic bomb.
Some features have been droped (the ability for ships to carry scouts and explorers), the Holy War is now a Project (and not a building anymore), fast bombers from the WW2 replace stealth bombers.

More details are available here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11190681#post11190681.

This industrial mod is a mod for itself and should be used alone.

Some of it's features may find their way in "Hulfgar's Modpack" to polish this one.

For feedback on the industrail mod please use the thread listed above.

I hope you enjoy it.

Hulfgar

The cities now don't fire at enemy units. Is this intended?
Yes their range is down to 0 instead of 2.

You can adjust this in the globaldefine.xml file in the Hulfgars Modpack folder.

Personnaly I think I will put it to 1.
First because citizens in a city have some fighting capacities if you give them weapons.
(In the middle age siege weapons defending the city were often used by womens)
Second because you can garrison only 1 unit in the city while the attacker can put a whole army, including artillery!

What's your opinion on this ?

Hulfgar, for we non Mod people can you direct me to that file? I had a look before, and to be honest, I didn't have a clue.

I tried finding a "Hulfgar Modpacks folder". I can find the XML files within Mods but I can't find a Globadefine file.

A range of one is probably realistic as if citizens- especially non fighting people were defending- it probably makes sense they wouldn't be using cannons or long bows, so they shouldn't have that range.

Hello Cicerosaurus,

you will find the file in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack (No DLC) ver 10.3 (v 10)\Xml

The exact name of the file is GlobalDefines.xml

You can either download this new file (set with 1 in attack range for cities) and overwrite the old one or open it (with notepad for example) and change the "0" in :

Code:
<Update>
<Set Value="[COLOR="Red"]0[/COLOR]"/>
<Where Name="CITY_ATTACK_RANGE"/>
</Update>

to a "1" :

Code:
<Update>
<Set Value="[COLOR="Red"]1[/COLOR]"/>
<Where Name="CITY_ATTACK_RANGE"/>
</Update>

Thanks Hulfgar. I did find it and remembered to change it in notepad from the days when I used to play with scripts.

I am now happily crushing those evil Aztecs.

I for one was presently surprised to see cities unable to attack. Units sustain damage when attacking which makes sense, but I don't think a city should be able to attack. Now, a city spawning partisans when under siege, that would be pretty cool.

I for one was presently surprised to see cities unable to attack. Units sustain damage when attacking which makes sense, but I don't think a city should be able to attack.

yes both arguments for a range of 0 or of 1 make sense. Luckily this option can easily be changed by the user.
A possibility to change it or configure it "in game" would be better but I don't know if it's possible or how to do it!

Now, a city spawning partisans when under siege, that would be pretty cool.
That really would be could. It's possible when the city falls, probably handled as an event, I will look if I can put it in the mod(s).

By the way if somebody can code LUA or has advanced knowledge in modding with Civ 5 I could use some help.
The same is true to make a usable icon for the marines (something like the infantry helmet with an anchor on it, I can provide the anchor if needed).

Hi Hulfgar,

I signed up to let you know that I have the same Research Panel/Construction panel issue where I can't select anything besides Pottery.

Just to let you know, heres a few things I tried which did NOT solve it, with America (apart for the last step):
-Installed mods + DLC mods in right order and then played with DLC factions.
-Deleted DLC mods and started without any DLC faction.
-Deleted DLC all together + Cache and started a new game (with options edited) + saved game.
--Tried in both DX9 and 11 (just to be sure, did not think it would make any difference).
-Deleted saved game and cache again, started a new random game with Arabic(took like 5 mins to load -.-).

So sadly nothing I tried solved it. However their is one thing that may be the cause; I am playing with a NON-Steam version of the game. Maybe the other players who have this issue do to?

Sounds like a great mod so would love to be able to play it :)

Hello CursedDarkus,

which OS do you use ? Mac or Windows ?

I am playing with a NON-Steam version of the game. Maybe the other players who have this issue do to?
I don't think that it will make a difference because I made and played the mod from a boxed version of the game and when I reinstalled I did it from Steam.

Which language do you use to play and which screen resolution ?

and do you know how to get the log files for debugging ? if not I will explain you, if yes can you send them to me ?
Same for a saved game if possible (it may help).

I use Windows 7 64 bit with all recent updates.
Language is English and resolution is 1920*1080, highest possible graphics options.

In the attached saved game I used the MOD without the DLC modmod. But if I understood correctly, this should not be a problem. I can always install it and make another save game.

If i'm correct it should be in the Logs map (according to civi wiki :p). The files lua and database.log don't really have a lot of info. And modding.log is missing.
Database.log does tell me something about SQL problem tho, but I have no idea what it means :p

I hope these will help! And thanks ;)

Edit: Attached .rar with the logs and stuff :)

Attachments

• Logs+save.rar
    175.5 KB · Views: 62
Well I have some good news. And something that must be the cause for all others as well.
The game version I had was 1.0.1.167. But since I did not have a steam installation, there are no patches to download for it.

So today I decided to give it a shot and bought a new copy for &#8364;14,99. Updated to latest version trough steam and now it does work properly.

KnelRivendare do you mean it's working for you as well ?

This would be a good news!

CursedDarkus glad you fixed it :)

Top Bottom