Road to Nowhere

Mesix

The Allfather
In my recent game, China seemed to be building a road to nowhere. She hadn't even built a settler yet, much less had a second city to connect. I wonder what the AI was trying to accomplish with this road (besides just wasting :c5gold:).

Spoiler :

I've seen those strange roads in the middle of nowhere in my games too. But I didn't actually caught the workers in the act building them, so I don't know if they just appeared as a glitch or if the AI workers were on drugs.

Well I sometimes build road on hilly/rough terrain, so when attacking a distant civilization it would be easier to get there, sometimes I even send workers to clear the marshes and forests near enemy's borders for the same reason. Maybe AI thinks the same way? I may only presume.

Maybe it was a part of an invasion plan. Then she changed her plans :crazyeye:. But I never saw this in my games.

boy are you going to feel dumb in 2920 years, when she has all these country roads on which to drive her newly invented car, and you're stuck driving past the same three farms as you go between your two cities ;)

Do you pay for road maintence on roads outside your borders though?
Nope. In fact, you can't even destroy it. Every improvement built outside the territory can not be destroyed and costs no maintenance.

Not quite accurate. If you build a road in no-man's land, you pay maintenance and you can destroy the road. If you build a road in someone else's land, they pay maintenance. if you stumble across a road in no-man's land that someone else built, you cannot destroy it. if your culture borders later expand to include that road segment, you start paying maintenance and can destroy the road.

Not quite accurate. If you build a road in no-man's land, you pay maintenance and you can destroy the road. If you build a road in someone else's land, they pay maintenance. if you stumble across a road in no-man's land that someone else built, you cannot destroy it. if your culture borders later expand to include that road segment, you start paying maintenance and can destroy the road.

+1 makes it annoying puppeting cities through culture flip and have to delete 10 tiles of road.

Top Bottom