AW's New Civilizations | The Sixteen Nation Project [G&K/BNW]

How should the Berbers be updated?

• Total voters
It's a kind of desert caravan. =]

So, this Civ is designed to turtle up, stay neutral, be everyone's least favourite friend, and eventually go for either a Space Victory or Cultural Victory?

What, the revised Berbers? No, my intent is to primarily make them a gold based civ.
And then do whatever you want with the gold, I guess. So turtle up if you want, or not.

Welp, it only took 9 months to get another civ out, 13 months of debugging, and several switching-around-of-the-UAs, but here for a Christmas release is...
Spoiler :

The Kingdom of Georgia is a civilization whose primary goal is to unite the entire country under one religion - their own! They receive, being one of the first countries in the world to convert to Christianity, several bonuses from founding a religion and keeping it the majority.
UA: Reverence for Saint George - If you found a religion, all cities next to mountains gain a faith bonus. All your cities automatically convert if yours is the first religion, and your cities cannot be converted if your majority religion is your founded one.
UU: Metsikhovne - Replaces the Pikeman. +50% combat defending in a city.
UB: Eklesia - Replaces the Temple. Generates 1 additional :c5faith: Faith and the city it's built in exerts 50% more religious pressure.
Peace Theme: Zakaria Paliashvili's "Abesalom de Eteri Overture"
War Theme: Zakaria Paliashvili's "Daisi"

SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Ani and Kars removed from the Byzantine city list.
City-state of Yerevan renamed to Zagreb.
As Georgia has stolen Japan's color scheme, Japan now uses pink on white.

CREDITS
danrell - Unit Graphics
bane_ - Lua Assistance
Will be making slight adjustments to the UA and UU, hopefully soonish.
And that concludes Set #1! [party]:high5:[party]

Invis patch updated to handle Georgia's dummy building.

Crap, now I need to update the front page graphics...

Oh yeah, and Merry Christmas everyone! :D

I love (Kingdom of) Georgia :D Looks great! Added to the index
Nice :thumbsup: Although you forgot that it replaces Yerevan with Zagreb.

At any rate, I hope to improve its uniqueness in the future, and the next civ I hope to get out (if it will stop @%#&! crashing! :mad:) will be a highly science-based, hit-and-run conquering civ.

More like Assyria high on caffeine while meditating, I think, if you can imagine that :lol:

Fixed. Is there CulDiv support?
Ooh, nope, I forgot to add that. It shouldn't take too long though.
EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong. JFD, you actually have Georgian support coded right into CulDiv, so adding it to my mod is apparently redundant. But thanks for saving me some time!
Also haven't come up with any Suk's Events and Decisions yet, so I'm open to decisions. Anyone have any ideas for that?
While I'm at it, I'll add unique cultural influence support :lol:

Probably from DJSHenninger's Georgia. Internal support is always better though, so if you get the moment, just copy it over into Georgia.
Crap... that means our Georgias are incompatible, because they use the exact same <Type>. :cringe:

I wanted to give my civs a personal tag, but it's rather tedious now that I have 30+ civs. I should probably do it anyway to avoid such conflicts, In the past I never thought that people want to activate two mods of the same nation simultaneously ;p

I think we need to assume the people playing our mods don't know that personal naming conventions within the XML is the only thing keeping the mods compatible. Else, we would probably get lots of complaints of the ilk of "Well, JFD's mods let me play two Carthages at once, why don't yours?!?" :p

At any rate, I'm converting all CIVILIZATION_GEORGIA references to CIVILIZATION_AW_GEORGIA within the mod.

I wanted to give my civs a personal tag, but it's rather tedious now that I have 30+ civs. I should probably do it anyway to avoid such conflicts, In the past I never thought that people want to activate two mods of the same nation simultaneously ;p

Then I came along with 5 Russias and said: "Tear down your walls of one leader per civ!" :p

Does that include your revised Catherine or... Putin? ^^

You might as well go for 10 Russias or so :p

Will give my civs a DJSH_ tag. I'm good at skipping a Civ tag or two, though :crazyeye:

Do what I do: Modbuddy -> CTRL_F -> Find and Replace. For what to find, _CIVNAME. (underscore is important) For what to replace, _DJSH_CIVNAME. Have the Match Case box checked. Done. :goodjob:

I'll try to remember to do that whenever I update my civs.

Do what I do: Modbuddy -> CTRL_F -> Find and Replace. For what to find, _CIVNAME. (underscore is important) For what to replace, _DJSH_CIVNAME. Have the Match Case box checked. Done. :goodjob:

I'll try to remember to do that whenever I update my civs.

Great! That will save a lot of time, thanks xD

Alright, I'd like to get a public opinion on something...

I just got an unexpected modding progress boost, having miraculously figured out what was causing both a crash and a graphical error in the next upcoming mod for months.
(It turned out to be a single "n". Deleted it and presto, the mod works now! Exactly the sort of thing I would make fun of programmers about... until I started modding. :p)
I can't find anything else in the mod that needs to be worked on. Except maybe the DOM text. I also seem to have figured out the problems with the lua scripts, since they're now working too.

So, there might be time to complete the mod and actually get it out today. 'course, 2 mods in 2 days is kinda... too much. :lol:
There are 3 options here:
  • I could release it in its possibly alpha version (assuming there's probably something I've overlooked in the code, which there always is) today. Or if not today, as soon as possible.
  • I could wait a little while so as not to disturb the status quo and add more features to it, like more compatibility. Right now it only supports CulDiv and Civ4 Traits. In the meanwhile, I would be updating other civs with a custom naming convention, compatibility and, of course, better artwork. :p
  • ...Or, I could release it in a "pack" with 2 other civs once I get them done too... :mischief: Which would take a while anyway.

Does anyone have any strong opinions either way?

Alright, I'd like to get a public opinion on something...

I just got an unexpected modding progress boost, having miraculously figured out what was causing both a crash and a graphical error in the next upcoming mod for months.
(It turned out to be a single "n". Deleted it and presto, the mod works now! Exactly the sort of thing I would make fun of programmers about... until I started modding. :p)
I can't find anything else in the mod that needs to be worked on. Except maybe the DOM text. I also seem to have figured out the problems with the lua scripts, since they're now working too.

So, there might be time to complete the mod and actually get it out today. 'course, 2 mods in 2 days is kinda... too much. :lol:
There are 3 options here:
  • I could release it in its possibly alpha version (assuming there's probably something I've overlooked in the code, which there always is) today. Or if not today, as soon as possible.
  • I could wait a little while so as not to disturb the status quo and add more features to it, like more compatibility. Right now it only supports CulDiv and Civ4 Traits. In the meanwhile, I would be updating other civs with a custom naming convention, compatibility and, of course, better artwork. :p
  • ...Or, I could release it in a "pack" with 2 other civs once I get them done too... :mischief: Which would take a while anyway.

Does anyone have any strong opinions either way?

Wait for a finished polished product? I could write up a DoM for you if you want.

Top Bottom