Additional Civilizations (by DJSHenninger)

It has E&D, right?
Also, UU is basically farm+ trading post...

(And what about the Byzantium split? Did you finalize it? and why no Constantine...)

It has E&D, right?
Also, UU is basically farm+ trading post...

(And what about the Byzantium split? Did you finalize it? and why no Constantine...)

True, I suppose one food or gold could be removed. It has E&D, but just one Event.

Nothing new with Byzantine Split, won't be making new byzantines, I just need the final unit skin for the Tagma, and perhaps some balance feedback, but I'm not bothering too much with balance anymore.

This things, they take time.

True, though I've been doing little to nothing for modding lately :p

Thanks so much for the Peter...

No problem, hope you'll like it. Balance feedback appreciated. There are many percentages and chances involved here :p

Oh, balance? Well, its perfectly balanced... Especially, the fact that John II komnenenenenenenos(I like that name) basically spammed his UI on literally every tile. Seriously.

Other than that... the LSs look a bit similar to each other. Especially the faces.

In a mood for civ, going to play Beautiful Joe (maybe I will report back about balance :mischief: ).

Seems like the UI doesn't mention the production bonus when built adjacent to strat resources, which I find rather weak on paper but I am only 12 turns in.
History desc isn't showing up for the UU.

All right so pretty much finished the game (as in nobody can outmatch me [cheesed it with Emperor difficulty :lol: ] and it got pretty dull), the GAP from promoting and upgrading is okay as it will never be the main reason you receive a golden age, the second part didn't proc for me once the whole game needs some tweaking (maybe give units the promotion(s) when the GA begins).

The Koursor is really good, stronk, comes early, stays for long, upgrades to a god awful unit... (you could give it the cavalry upgrade path to make it stronger in the long term)

The UI is niche but abusable by the player with enough workers you can farm XP, make it unremovable but let it improve tiles it is built upon.

In a mood for civ, going to play Beautiful Joe (maybe I will report back about balance :mischief: ).

Seems like the UI doesn't mention the production bonus when built adjacent to strat resources, which I find rather weak on paper but I am only 12 turns in.
History desc isn't showing up for the UU.

All right so pretty much finished the game (as in nobody can outmatch me [cheesed it with Emperor difficulty :lol: ] and it got pretty dull), the GAP from promoting and upgrading is okay as it will never be the main reason you receive a golden age, the second part didn't proc for me once the whole game needs some tweaking (maybe give units the promotion(s) when the GA begins).

The Koursor is really good, stronk, comes early, stays for long, upgrades to a god awful unit... (you could give it the cavalry upgrade path to make it stronger in the long term)

The UI is niche but abusable by the player with enough workers you can farm XP, make it unremovable but let it improve tiles it is built upon.

Thanks, that's useful feedback :)

I'm not sure about giving your entire army free promotions once a Golden Age begins, as they're pretty useful. The idea was to train/purchase units in a Golden Age, so you'd end up with a couple of ''elite'' units. To actually try to upgrade your existing units in a Golden Age isn't the best way to go, due to the limited time you have, I understand that. I'll think of a different way to make the second part more useful.

The Koursor could indeed upgrade to Cavalry, sure :p

I was trying to avoid the unremovable thing for a reason I can't remember :lol:, but it's probably the only way to make them unabusable. On the other side, it's the player's choice to use them in a way they were not intended to be used. Not really my problem.

You know what I think I stroke a chord right now, Aplekton also gives XP for a random unit once a GA begins this way the promotion part of the UA might occur more often, the amount of XP is up for you but I personally think this is a good buff if you make it unremovable.

You know what I think I stroke a chord right now, Aplekton also gives XP for a random unit once a GA begins this way the promotion part of the UA might occur more often, the amount of XP is up for you but I personally think this is a good buff if you make it unremovable.

It sounds like a good idea, but I'm going to have to see if it's possible to code. AFAIK, there's no event that fires when a golden age starts.

Damn you Firaxis... :(

Started a game with Mike the Winer might also report back with my results, also why no coastal bias?

Played a game with Peter and its strange to play it like Serbia and not the Yugoslavian Kingdom, its about as sad but somewhat much more practical than his dead son, the little happiness bonuses are fantastic, very nifty especially when you use that UU and the UI is solid, overall good civ although the leader screen still bothers me, just the background it looks really dumb when the palace is on its side when your playing a game against them.

Hehe, "little". I also played a game with Peter and my Happiness pretty much tripled whenever I picked a Social Policy, which was even more easy to cheese given that I went down the Aesthetics route and I was effectively gaining even more culture after picking a Social Policy.

It was also really difficult to keep track of my Happiness given that I'd have an amusingly large amount of it and suddendly it would plummet out of nowhere.

It's a pretty strong civ, is what I'm saying, by the middle ages I already was far ahead than everybody else, even despite the fact that I went to a lopsided war with an enemy with a larger and more advanced army than mine (thankfully the classically stupid AI let me pull ahead of that war). This civ really burned through social policies like nobody's bussiness.

The War theme also was odd, why'd you include both an instrumental and a singed version of the song to play back to back? It simply felt really odd to hear the song starting again.

Damn you Firaxis... :(

Started a game with Mike the Winer might also report back with my results, also why no coastal bias?

I don't know :) Could always change it.

Played a game with Peter and its strange to play it like Serbia and not the Yugoslavian Kingdom, its about as sad but somewhat much more practical than his dead son, the little happiness bonuses are fantastic, very nifty especially when you use that UU and the UI is solid, overall good civ although the leader screen still bothers me, just the background it looks really dumb when the palace is on its side when your playing a game against them.

Just imagine he's standing on the slope of a hill or something :rolleyes:

Hehe, "little". I also played a game with Peter and my Happiness pretty much tripled whenever I picked a Social Policy, which was even more easy to cheese given that I went down the Aesthetics route and I was effectively gaining even more culture after picking a Social Policy.

It was also really difficult to keep track of my Happiness given that I'd have an amusingly large amount of it and suddendly it would plummet out of nowhere.

It's a pretty strong civ, is what I'm saying, by the middle ages I already was far ahead than everybody else, even despite the fact that I went to a lopsided war with an enemy with a larger and more advanced army than mine (thankfully the classically stupid AI let me pull ahead of that war). This civ really burned through social policies like nobody's bussiness.

The War theme also was odd, why'd you include both an instrumental and a singed version of the song to play back to back? It simply felt really odd to hear the song starting again.

I might be able to add a notification every turn showing how much you're getting and for how many turns. I was looking into adding something like how Golden Ages display how many turns they last, but I'm not sure how I'd do that.

I might lower the rate of culture gained from excess Food, or the amount of Happiness, but I'm more inclined to do the former than the latter.

I've no idea about the music, there shouldn't be any vocal parts in it, but I think I forgot to cut that out; or I got the wrong music xD..

Anyway, thanks all for the useful feedback :)

So instead of making Byzantium a center of culture and awe it was a center of never ending warfare and ignorance as both New Zealand and Indonesia warred me constantly (with the former never declaring peace with me), alas Byzantium falls again.

I will begin a new game soon maybe with a more warlike leader because turtling isn't my thing but until then...
Spoiler :

I'm not sure if the UU for Serbia is bugged or just wildly OP, but when I upgraded my veteran riflemen into it they immediately leveled up 2-3 times and continued to gain huge amounts of xp at random until I finally upgraded them into regular infantry. Or it could be a problem on my end, my computer tends to do strange things if I play civ too long in one sitting.

Serbia (Peter I) update:
- War theme: removed vocal part
- UA: Reduced culture gained from Growth (20% -> 15%)
- UU: Reduced XP gained (60% -> 40% of total Pop )
- UU: Reduced HP healed (20% -> 14% of total XP)
- UI: Removed +1 Gold after Economics

Serbia (Peter I) (screenshots)

BNW: Download / Subscribe

Or you could make a civ of his dead son using the exact same design as the old Yugoslavia if that's possible? So what are you planning to do next exactly?

Dead son? Do you mean Alexander? Because.. Peter's dead as well ;)

Updates to Macedonia, Northumbria, Bosnia and Pakistan are next.

Top Bottom