Unit Discussion/Previews

How's the colour on this YP? Lighter, darker, just right? :)

Attachments

• Render 8.png
    Render 8.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 216
Looks just right to me! Perhaps you could make the blue one without the gun or whatever it is that shoots stuff?

To make a DoC civ I would probably, at the minimum, need some Seekers, Nurglings, Flamers as well. And to make it really good a Plague Drone, Seeker Chariot, Screamers, Bloodchrushers etc. So it's a long shot.

I think a screamer is on my list for the 40k mod

The plaguedrone is the most likely, since I've already made the plaguebearer. If I can find/Frankenstein a seeker model that and the chariot are possible too

The others would need more thought/effort, and I'll admit I'm in a bit of a motivation slump at the moment. But I'll keep them in mind :)

If I remember my Chaos Gate video game, I believe blue horrors get turned into pink horrors, or the other way around, yes? If you shoot a horror, it divides into two smaller horrors.

I think.

Anyway, just wanted to point out that I've been making simple WH40K units lately, using the GW website for inspiration. I have no idea how a jokaero weaponsmith would help ingame, but there is one, now, and my Necron Monolith is passable.

The final products I've been submitting are less than stellar. They look great as bitmaps, but converting them to pcx, reducing color depth to 256, then having to import an existing pal file from another unit to make sure the flc doesn't turn out fifty shades of magenta and green, causes a great loss of detail.

Perhaps it would be better if I did the cut&paste gruntwork, and then someone else cleans up the palette issues or adds shadow. I keep the original bitmaps on my computer. It's up to anyone willing to do so.

Sorry, I thought I replied to this ages ago, obviously I didn't :blush:

All contributions are welcomed, our main aim is to get this to a playable state. Better quality units can wait IMO

As for the palette issues you're having, have a look at Utah's unit making tutorial, it's what I used to get started. Since (I assume) you're not using poser, you can probably skip to the creating the FLCs/palette making bits towards the end

Hope it helps :)

Top Bottom