Delta_Strife's Ship Units

And that was a a HUGE answer in the DB from Delta

:crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:

What a force !!!!! :goodjob:

I have learned a lot about naval warfare and warfare in general. I started with just a little knowledge and now have over 1000 different articles about just naval warfare. Not that it has anything to do with my job ;). Ohh well everyone has to have a hobby.

Not Tora, Tora, Tora but some of your wonderful ships now added to El Justo´s Scenario AOI (Age of Imperialism). Your ships add a lot of atmosphere to the brilliant scenario of El Justo. So I think I will post here some screenshots showing some of your great ships (and some of Wyrmshadow´s and tom2050´s ships, too):

The screenshot of the German war against Scandinavia shows the new German Level 1-Dreadnoughts of the Nassau class, some predreadnoughts of the Deutschland class, an old predreadnought of the Brandenburg class (made by tom2050) and some 1902 Great Torpedo Boats:

The screenshot of the prospering colony of Dt-SW-Africa shows the vivid trafic of the merchant ships, mostly been loaded with tons of supply shipments. The screenshot also shows an old predreadnought of the Braunschweig class and two armored cruisers of the Roon and Scharnhorst class (this ship done by Wyrmshadow and shrinked down by Vuldacon).

The Situation around the Azores 1903: You can see predreadnoughts of the Duncan and Canopus Class, armored cruisers of the Cressy Class and several old protected cruisers. It´s not so easy for the merchant ship of the Kaiserliche Handelsmarine to find a pass through to continue the way to Hamburg.

Also attached is a preset screenshot in Debug Mod of parts of the Russian fleet approaching Tsushima. The screenshot is enlarged to 200 % to show you great work and tom2050 (who made the Pallada, the last ship in the.line of Russian ships) May be there will be a time when Antal1987 or somebody else will find a way to replace the mostly not used zooming-out option of Civ 3 with a zooming-in option to show the high details of these units, especially in battle. The screenshot is in spoiler tags due to its oversize.

Spoiler :

Delta_Strife thank you very much for all your wonderful work! :clap::hatsoff:

And what scenario is that from?

Attachments

• Condotierri a Romani.bmp
    428.6 KB · Views: 859
Once I get around to making PlayOnLinux work, I'll have to play it.

Yes, it is El Justo´s masterpiece (and of Vuldacon and Klyden). The -until now - unique
speciality of this Civ 3 scenario is, that it has a working merchant marine.

Been awhile since I teased an image of what I am up to. Here is a battleship I am building. Lets see who is sharp enough to figure out what class it is. Not even Ares knows what I am up to.

I do not think it is a Gangut, as they have their secondary casemate guns in pairs under each turret. And Imperatrica Marija also does not fit as they have a group of five casemate guns in the front and a group of four casemate guns in the rear part of the Ship.

And Andrej Pevozannyj have got their casemate guns in the superstructure and not in the hull.

Could it be a Viribus Unitis? They seem to match the position of the casemate guns.

After I start reading the old book "Schlachtschiffe und Schlachtkreuzer 1905 - 1970" by Siegfried Breyer, I stumble upon the unfinished greek Salamis class.

The position of the casemate gun, the rear gallery and the typical german/austrian ram fit in Deltas model.

Top Bottom