Loki - how to kill the blighter?!

Skitters

Prince
I'm at war with the Balseraphs, Loki is in my territory and obviously he escapes each time I attack him.

I thought though that if I could corner him in either a city or where he has no direct escape route then I'd be able to finish him off.

However, I failed miserably with my first attempt to work him towards a city where I could deliver a fatal blow. So I shephered him into a nice little tile that was surrounded on 6 tiles by mountains, and I placed a unit in the other 2. One unit attacked, and he escaped into the tile my unit had attacked from.

Okay, so I thought lesson learned, and I shepherded him in again, but this time I had two units in the tile I'd attack from...and this time he jumped two tiles from the tile he was in, effectively over one unit.

So I tried again to shephed him to a city...but I don't seem to be able to 'encourage' him to move towards my cultural borders, and he will instead make a 2 tile jump over a batch of units.

So I therefore assume the best way to kill Loki is to just destroy the Balseraphs? Which is a pain as it would have been nice to have reduced them to a 1 city vassal and leeched all their palace mana from them.

There are two ways to kill him:
1) Catch him in a city. Defensive Retreat is disabled while in cities
2) Use a unit with a lot of first strikes. A unit can't escape when its defeated with first strikes.

It's often easier to eliminate the Balseraphs than to kill Loki.

I guess the team focused so much on making Loki even better with all the puupet mechanics, they forgot to fix the bug of Loki jumping over two stacks to escape.

So I summoned a mistform, and it messed up Loki bad, down to .2
Then next turn I summoned it again....
...and it wouldn't let me attack Loki with it!!

:mad:

Hmm mistform must be some kind of artillery. This is really annoying.

So I summoned a mistform, and it messed up Loki bad, down to .2
Then next turn I summoned it again....
...and it wouldn't let me attack Loki with it!!

:mad:

Hmm mistform must be some kind of artillery. This is really annoying.

My guess would be that your spellcaster has the illusionist promotion- so all your summons can't kill, but just reduce the opponent's strength to 10%. So if Loki has just 10%, your mistform can't damage him anymore.

Yeah he's really a pain to kill, I've never actually defeated him, just took all their cities to make him go away. I just guard my workers and then he's useles. I'm pretty sure he never pillages anything.

The worst part is that stupid taunt "here I am.":mad: It's neat the first time, but drives me insane by the 30th. I've attacked by Balseraph neighbors before just to shut him up.

I cornered him in a city and killed him as suggested. In the meantime I had a couple of masked units continuously pushing him back out of my lands. He was the reason I devised a fulls scale sneak attack on Perpentach. If I ever see Balseraphs as my neighbors in any game, I will immediately prepare for war with them, and start attacking ASAP. Loki is one of those units that makes you have to keep an eye on everything.... especially if you are like me and keep your interior pretty empty.

Loki cannot pillage, just prevents you from working those tiles if you're at war with the Bals.
The AI doesn't know how to use him to his full potential though, so I just ignore and leave him to his whims. :lol:
I've forgotten how often he inspires my people instead of trying to disrupt, or entertain (for gold).

Loki cannot pillage, just prevents you from working those tiles if you're at war with the Bals.
The AI doesn't know how to use him to his full potential though, so I just ignore and leave him to his whims. :lol:
I've forgotten how often he inspires my people instead of trying to disrupt, or entertain (for gold).

I kept my map dark to everyone, never open borders, never traded maps, and then he just ran in, and I didn't want him exposing everything and selling my maps to everyone else.

Can he capture units if you are at war, or even cities?

I trapped him into a corner and fortified units around him.

Then when they gained enough EXP, switched them out with newer units. He became a EXP farm for me.

In one of my games, he escaped over the mountains a couple of tiles away... and I thought I had him! :mad:

hehe he's fun to use in MP though :p
Once I sent him into Neomega's lands and sold the map for some tech, He used bears so I couldn't enter his cities but he managed corner loki and attack him, loki just jumped over the mountains :lol: ( I was sure he was finished)

Top Bottom