How do I get 200 Production?

soprismb

Chieftain
One of the XBOX achievements is to get +200 production (I think?) in a city. It's my last achievement besides two diety wins--for some reason I still haven't done it and I've built some good cities. If I want to play a game that is strictly to accomplish this feet, how do you guys recommend I do that?

Should I be Mongols? Whom?

i did it with americans (triple production from factory) in a nice hilly/mountains region.....i actually got to 196 and then to over 200 only after i researched "future technology", but looking back on it, i proly could have switched to communism 5(0% increased production) and done it faster :D

Thanks, Hertsh, appreciate that. You rock, man!

Another question--I've only nuked one country and that was because I had to when I was trying to win without changing governments (xbox achievement). So, now I'm playing as England and I'm battling France for a cultural victory--and I'm losing. My question then is, when I nuke France I know I'll take a penalty as a monarchy in the culture department--but HOW MUCH? What can I expect? I'm already at war with two other civs so it's not like they can do anything new to me. Is it really going to drop me out of the culture race?

Thanks my friend I've got a load of Q's for you.

I'm not 100% sure regarding this, but I do think that you reduce your culture by 50% in all cities by using the Nuke. When shoting for a cultural win I would not use the nuke to lower the culture of another civ, I would use another tactic. For example, rush the enemy city you believe has the highest culture production. Obvioulsy, if a desperate choice, nuke the city with the most great persons and you'll get a respite, but it will be hard to win the culture victory.

Or you could switch governments before using the nuke. Become a despot again. Despots don't get any penalty for using the nuke. Then switch back to monarchy or democracy after you've done your worst. Culture intact.

Or you could switch governments before using the nuke. Become a despot again. Despots don't get any penalty for using the nuke. Then switch back to monarchy or democracy after you've done your worst. Culture intact.

That works, but he's trying to get the achievment where you don't switch government types.

Using the nuke all depends on what you are willing to risk. If you don't have many temples/wonders/cathedrals, use the nuke, and then rebound back by building temples/wonders/cathedrals. If you have lots of cultural buildings, I'd advise you to not use the nuke.

Yes, its been answered, but it would probably be easiest as Mongols on Communism with a factory and Iron mine and Mountains, maybe with a few uraniums thrown in too.

It was a while ago I did it so I don't really remember, but I believe I used the Americans for their production bonus from factories.

Use anyone with a hammer bonus.. IMO it was easiest with the Americans on Deity. Many future techs on chieftan works too.

Top Bottom