DG4 Game Options: Number of Opponents

Donovan Zoi

The Return
This is the Game Options discussion for Number of Opponents.

How do we want to determine the number of opponents we face in DG4?

Default (determined by world size)
Specified
Random

This discussion will run for 5 days, after which I will post a poll.

I believe the number of opponents should be only biased on the world size. I am going to have to wait until the size has been determined before setting on the appropriate number of opponents.

Ditto. The number 12 seems to be a good a good number for opponents, though.

Yes, I like 12 too. But only if the map size is no smaller than large...

Max for the map size.

As many as possible. If 12 is standard for a Large map, let's have 18 opponents.
Less room, more focus on the individual cities and less resources and luxes, which forces us to deal more with war, trades, science and diplomacy than in DG3. The mil dep, sci dep, trade dep, FA dep and culture dep become more important and the Pres and Dom dep slightly less important than in DG3 (I thought they were too important there). We'll be forced to make decisions more often, which lead to more discussions and more polls.

As many as the map size will allow without using the editor.

Since a Large Map is dominating the World Size discussion, that number would be 12. :) Which is fine with me.

Maximum for the map size.

Everyone here seems to agree that we should allow for the maximum civs our map will allow. And since we have almost unanimously decided on a Large map, then our number of civs(including us) will be 12. :)

Top Bottom