DG4 Game Options: Difficulty Level

Donovan Zoi

The Return
This is the Game Options discussion for Difficulty Level.

What kind of challenge do we want to face as one in DG4?

Chieftan
Warlord
Regent
Monarch
Emperor
Diety

This discussion will run for 5 days, after which I will post a poll.

I believe we should continue playing the game on Monarch. It does not matter if the other DG sites are playing on Emperor or Deity. We have seen evidence in Demogame II on how we had to depend on luck.

I should say we should all play on the monarch level.

I agree with CG! Monarch is a level that best suits the Demogame in a lot of different aspects.

Monarch

I think making another Emperor DG would be interesting, but Monarch is probably the best level for our DG's.

I think a Monarch game would be the best host to all of the extracurricular activites we will have going on in this forum, plus it will allow more people to stay involved.

Unless I see a difference in opinion soon, I probably won't need to poll this one.

MONARCH :D

Monarch. While I personally found the Emperor level DG2 the most compelling of the three because of the life or death nature of many of the decisions we had to make in the first few terms, I don't know that the same was true for that many of the other citizens. Ultimately the demogame works best when there is a large enough margin for error in the Civ game to allow for a certain amount of inconsistency in playing style caused by changes in administration and shifts in the public mood, which monarch level provides along with enough challenge to keep things moderately interesting.

This discussion was pretty much unanimous. Therefore, we will be playing DemoGame 4 on the Monarch level.

Top Bottom