W.I.N.T.E.R's Makings Thread

Hi guys,

After some days of utter frustration with the German Rifleman/Kuomintang conversion I tried out new colours today, those for the South American Infantry and those for the Chinese WWI Infantry. I know some people will point with fingers at me for presenting yet another Infantry (but I don't care). No, it is that this unit is simply very good to mod (even when done manually- since I have to change the pixels one by one for the blue colours :(). So don't throw stones at me: It is but a rather early preview for the colours; changes to head- and footgear as well as other changes will be done later.

Chinese Blue (will serve as colour base for new version of the French infantry, Royal Marines and Marineinfantrie):

South American Baish (possibly also as a base for Kuomintang?- suggestions please):

ozymandias said:
... darker and with a touch of olive drab and Civ colored bandoliers / pipings / jhodpurs / whatevers.

-Oz
What are "bandoliers / pipings / jhodpurs" ?

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
What are "bandoliers / pipings / jhodpurs" ?

Bandoliers are bullet belts usually worn cross-wise across the chest; pipings are any stripe detailing to a uniform; jodhpurs (my typo) was a mistake on my part (they're riding breeches) I couldn't / can't recall what the military equivalent of spats are :confused: (cloth coverings across the boots).

Best,

Oz

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Ah thank you :) now I am wiser- what do you say about the other previews (and the colour of the run animation- could that colour resemble the Kuomintang?)

I like both quite a bit; as for the Beige, unfortunately I don't know much about Kuomintang uniforms :( . I do however see any Civ's early 20th century desert troops -- I'm already planning on using them for Carthage.

Best,

Oz

ozymandias said:
I like both quite a bit; as for the Beige, unfortunately I don't know much about Kuomintang uniforms :( . I do however see any Civ's early 20th century desert troops -- I'm already planning on using them for Carthage.

Best,

Oz
Yup, it is hard to get much pictorial info on Kuomintang Chinese Uniforms- and less in colour :(
I could make an fictional version of it for Carthage (although there shall also be a Senegalese and an Askari unit)

For desert troops perhaps my friend Yecos would have just the right thing for you:
The Eastern Infantry (an old and simple, however nice and inspiring conversion):

get it here...

I could change its colours to something lighter if anybody requests so...

Thinking of which: I will ask my ole friend Pi8ch if he will allow me to use/modify his British Indian Force Unit...

Winter,
of course i havent seen the exact colored unitform of the nationlist chinese soldiers but from what i remember from movies, the communists and nationlist wore basicly the same uniforms at the beginning. Its just like green... (refer to communits uniform picture perhaps?)
the only difference was the symbol on the hat.

communist=red star symbol

nationalist=blue circle enclosing a white sun symbol

so... to save some work you could use the SAME exact uniform and just change the little color thing on the hat....

of course i could be wrong but im pretty sure this has some truth in it.

nameless53 said:
Winter,
of course i havent seen the exact colored unitform of the nationlist chinese soldiers but from what i remember from movies, the communists and nationlist wore basicly the same uniforms at the beginning. Its just like green... (refer to communits uniform picture perhaps?)
the only difference was the symbol on the hat.

communist=red star symbol

nationalist=blue circle enclosing a white sun symbol

so... to save some work you could use the SAME exact uniform and just change the little color thing on the hat....

of course i could be wrong but im pretty sure this has some truth in it.
Oki, uhm which post are you referring to, my friend?

W.i.n.t.e.r said:

First look at Kuomintang: Suggestions please- the colour should be lighter too, I guess...
this one, and the one after that..

were you not talking about editing or trying to find the correct color?

if not sorry.. im still looking at it if your trying to find the color uniforms for nationalists...

@W.I.N.T.E.R.
dude, we can never, ever IMHO have enought flavor infantry units. i don't care what anybody says. anyhow, you make me want to add in some of your new ones to my AoI scenario. i've already added many of yours to it already.

keep up the good work!

nameless53 said:
this one, and the one after that..

were you not talking about editing or trying to find the correct color?

if not sorry.. im still looking at it if your trying to find the color uniforms for nationalists...
In that case in the meantime I think I got something you guys will enjoy seeing :)

... cause China is comming to the "Great War"

El Justo said:

is that of the wwi variety?

Well, China didn't fight in WWI but underwent other struggles. However, this unit is from the period and represents the Chinese Republican Guard- I thought that in such a great Game such as Civ3 a Chinese WWI unit was gravely missing :)

Top Bottom