Current (SVN) development discussion thread

I'd rather leave the religions as they are.

Yes! Awesome music :D

Dutch UHV sounds a bit hard and a bit too reliant on the RNG: it's basically impossible to go for France's/Spain's colonies if you don't want a huge stack besieging your capital within the few next turns, Portugal gets often kicked out to Ponta Delgada by Spain (or just killed), so that leaves England - which can get dominated by the Vikings and in that case won't found any colonies anywhere soon, and which sometimes doesn't even found 7 colonies by that time without Viking interference.

Are you sure? I've increased the number of cities AI Portugal receives from the trading company event, you should see them in Mozambique now more often. They're definitely meant to be the main target, but I guess you can attack England too without worrying too much, which is fitting as they are the main historical enemies of the Dutch in terms of trade wars.

Are you sure? I've increased the number of cities AI Portugal receives from the trading company event, you should see them in Mozambique now more often. They're definitely meant to be the main target, but I guess you can attack England too without worrying too much, which is fitting as they are the main historical enemies of the Dutch in terms of trade wars.

Portugal getting killed before they get a second city out is not that uncommon. Portugal collapsing when exiled to Porta Delgada happens quite frequently too. They don't even reach Astronomy in a third of my games. And the Dutch spawn takes quite a while to load, so just mass-loading games is a pain too...

Yes! Awesome music :D

Dutch UHV sounds a bit hard and a bit too reliant on the RNG: it's basically impossible to go for France's/Spain's colonies if you don't want a huge stack besieging your capital within the few next turns, Portugal gets often kicked out to Ponta Delgada by Spain (or just killed), so that leaves England - which can get dominated by the Vikings and in that case won't found any colonies anywhere soon, and which sometimes doesn't even found 7 colonies by that time without Viking interference.

I think you can simply make dutch's capital in argentine,and not build any city in europe.

I think you can simply make dutch's capital in argentine,and not build any city in europe.

Great strategy - but I don't know if people should be encouraged to go completely ahistorical to complete historical victories :)

It would also prevent you from completing the first goal.

... the code doesn't though :mischief:

I'll change the text.

- and with the help of some people from the C&C forum I could finally fix the music for all new leaders, which should play as intended now

And the music for Afonso Henriques still not played.

Okay, I'll take a look.

So, new commit is up, content:

- Fixed reformation and trading company event for human controlled Netherlands
- cultural techs for Netherlands on start
- Germany and Netherlands get faster tech rate for their first turns
- Bombard can now alternatively built with Copper
- fixed State Property corporation limit display
- fixed starting era bug that canceled or prevented wonder construction
- disabled the exile mechanic
- fixed the trading company event for the case that there aren't enough cities to acquire (you now will get settlers for the rest)
- added/removed some hints
- changed generic dynamic names and event help texts to allow for better translation.
- new third Spanish goal: spread Catholicism to 40% and allow no Protestant civilizations in Europe in 1700 AD
- fixed Afonso background music

I'd rather leave the religions as they are.

*SNAP*

Personally I like the changes. But fine it's your mod. Granted I think it's a great set of changes and being as I have already made them myself they could be added without any effort on your part. Although I do understand a balance issue I find that it adds a unique flavor to each religion.

*SNAP*

Personally I like the changes. But fine it's your mod. Granted I think it's a great set of changes and being as I have already made them myself they could be added without any effort on your part. Although I do understand a balance issue I find that it adds a unique flavor to each religion.

Thor, do you plan on tweaking around with the stability maps?

No. I am an utter idiot when it comes to anything beyond XML and a TEENSY bit of python.

Why do you ask?
As I said I am more then willing to tweak my religious modifications if they are deemed OP.

I just think that religions should be equal from a gameplay perspective. And I wouldn't like if people tried to ahistorically stack religions to get all of the benefits.

What was the exile mechanism, anyway?
When the AI conquered your capital, you were exiled to another civ and had to conquer it back in a certain number of turns to regain control. I always thought it was a stupid idea.

When the AI conquered your capital, you were exiled to another civ and had to conquer it back in a certain number of turns to regain control. I always thought it was a stupid idea.

Yeah, it would only make sence, if you had a vassal and took control of them.

Top Bottom