Yet Another Merger

For anyone who's DLs v.95 before like now: I was informed of a couple of major (though not too difficult to fix) graphical errors, and a small class of things that I'd apparently forgotten to put in the initial version, so you might wanna re-d/l, particularly if you were having issues.

Thanks to glider, I'll soon (hopefully tomorrow) be able to upload a new multiplayer version of NwT, which I've christened NextWar: Intrigue, based on RevMP! Now RevMP currently doesn't include much if any of BUG and for the moment operates under the same restrictions as MP with oldskool Rev (since that's pretty much what it is), but it works!

I've had a chance to play this a few times, and its a great merge; the only graphical issues that I've noticed is that a few civs seem to have their flags and colours distorted (for some reason, they are sideways and photonegative; so for example, Canada, whose flag is red and white and whose colour is red, for some reason now has a pale green and black, sideways flag with pale green as its colour). I'm not sure whether this is a problem with your mod, or whether it is just a problem with the latest version of CivGold; moreover, the custom diplomacy text and music from CivGold is missing (I'm not sure whether or not that was intentional).
Also: I'm afraid I haven't been following the development of the Revolution Modpack very closely: has the AI been modified to be able to deal with revolutions more effectively, or have I just gotten worse at playing?

I've had a chance to play this a few times, and its a great merge; the only graphical issues that I've noticed is that a few civs seem to have their flags and colours distorted (for some reason, they are sideways and photonegative; so for example, Canada, whose flag is red and white and whose colour is red, for some reason now has a pale green and black, sideways flag with pale green as its colour). I'm not sure whether this is a problem with your mod, or whether it is just a problem with the latest version of CivGold
To use an old and hackneyed phrase: It's not a bug, it's a feature. Entirely intentional - I remade quite a few of the flags from scratch, and several of them showed up a lot better when not crammed into the horizontal space of the banner - and I made sure they were hung according to proper flag protocol! :cool: Those that were basically bicolour - like Canada's - I made whiteflag=0 so the flags would go along with the colour they ended up with in the game...play another game with them and you'll likely see the flag in a different colour, most often red/white since IIRC that was their default palette.

moreover, the custom diplomacy text and music from CivGold is missing (I'm not sure whether or not that was intentional).
Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with the music. The diplotext is a known issue, and I think I know how to lick it; I just haven't really tried it yet.

Also: I'm afraid I haven't been following the development of the Revolution Modpack very closely: has the AI been modified to be able to deal with revolutions more effectively, or have I just gotten worse at playing?
Three words: Better BTS AI. ;) Relatively-new inclusion into RevDCM.

Oops, bit of an addendum to that: I had forgotten that I'd made some of the civs unusual colours so that there wouldn't be so many duplicate colour-schemes, or unique ones since far too many of the "unique" colour-schemes looked way too much like other ones, making it hard to tell them apart. So yeah, Austria and I think Canada and probably a few others look weird; I'm hoping to improve this in v1.0.

Version .975 is live!!! OP has been updated.

New Stuff:
  • RevDCM updated to v2.90
  • PLAYERCOLORs reshuffled. Still not entirely happy with them, but v1.0 will fix this.
  • Animation for a previously-static LH, and three new civs - but I'll leave which ones a surprise! :lol:
  • Figured out how to do three-colour alpha flags! :O Used for one of the new civs.
    Known Issues:
    • ChangePlayer seems to be broken - Fixed! :D
    • Irish UB - Decided it wasn't that big an issue after all.
    • Some of the alpha flags have their colours reversed - will fix this in 1.0

In case anyone wonders why it took so long...at times I didn't have the time to work on it, but mainly I'd shelved it for a while due to frustration caused by it breaking and me being unable to figure out why. Ended up having to rebuild the damn thing from the ground up. :p

1. Hi! Thanks for your mod, it would seem to be exactly the thing I was looking for. Unfortunately it is also very bugged on my PC.

When I start a new game, in the Dawn of Man screen I get what seems to be the description for the "Next War Epic" scenario: "It is the year 4000BC. With the collapse of the One World Government, the earth is now ruled by a few mega-empires..." Every turn, there are six lines that say: "BugOptions - cannot locate settings folder" at the top, where I should see the events. Also when I meet a civilization for the first time, I don't see any text (but this is a known bug, right?). Aaaaand, when I restart the mod, it "forgets" my BUG options, so I have to set them again.

Otherwise the game seems playable, but with all these bugs, I don't dare play any game completely.

2. If I manage to get the game playable, how can I delete some of the CIV Gold civilizations? I don't like all of them.

3. Would this mod be compatible with the scenarios designed for CIV Gold?

Top Bottom