Diety. Surrounded by Atill and Shaka. Haven't died... yet.

In actuality, I warmongered from turn 1 and just destroyed the Zulu! Atilla declared war and I managed to liberate Venice (which he had captured), making a nice buffer zone between me and Atilla. This allows Venice and I to be good trading partners, and since I liberated him, the guy practically loves me. I believe the rest of the 5 civs are on another continent, but so far, this diety game seems manageable, which is awesome.

How many of you have turned from what appeared to be the world's worst start and forge ahead in defiance of all odds?

Which civ are you? Other than that, nice work.

In my Morroco game, I accidentally forward-settled Indonesia and then he built an army to take that city. He was so close to winning if his ranged units weren't blocking his melee units. He had about 5 archers, 1 chariot, 3 warriors and 4 spearmen. I had only 1 archer and 2 swordsmen...and a barb recently pillaged my only iron resource so I hurried a worker to repair the iron mines. Eventually I took the CFC early defence advice, targeted the melee units and their ranged units kept trying to overkill my city (on 0 HP. I should have mentioned this in an AI as an example of dumb AI). I eventually made peace with Indonesia and I popped a citadel near his capitol for good measure.

The Immortal game is still in its early stages, but I was also about to face a raiding party from the Dutch so I denounced them and they moved away. I also have the Mongols as friends. The Aztecs are not too far away. I felt like I was miles behind in tech but I did build NC and demographics said I was only 3% away from the tech leader. All religions (6, large map) were picked within turn 100.

Top Bottom