Liberated city is now... a puppet?

Liberated Venice and 30 turns later, it's still a puppet. Any reason for that?

Does Venice still have another city? Maybe they puppeted a CS, get their capitol invaded, so this ex-CS is now their capitol city..

Not sure if this pic will upload...

EDIT: yay, it did!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 11.36.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-01-15 at 11.36.35 PM.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 256
When games get way out of control, quitting and re starting is something I usually do. I sometimes check if I did something wrong and try to make a different route to achieve better results.

Ow...poor Enrico is being trolled by the game. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.

Ow...poor Enrico is being trolled by the game. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.

I did notice something odd though. Once he was liberated by me (and still remained a puppet due to the bug), for the 80 turns he was free, he was unable to produce a single unit. Hence, easy pickin's for them there Huns...

Actually...

That might a really cool idea for a game concept, similar to vassalization (sp?). When you capture a civ's city that once used to belong to another civ, instead of LIBERATE, you can VASSALIZE (if that's even a word). Then, they become a puppet civ, but are hostile to you. Because they cant produce units, they don't pose a threat, but you can still trade with them.

That would be fun. I never played Civ4, but I heard there was such an option. In an old game, I crushed Monty and left only one city. After peace, his behaviour was "afraid", he proposed me a DoF, I accepted and we were friends during all the game. No war, no denunciation, he acted like a vassal leader.

By the way, CS are more or less vassal-states.

a City State is in need of our help! :lol:

Actually...

That might a really cool idea for a game concept, similar to vassalization (sp?). When you capture a civ's city that once used to belong to another civ, instead of LIBERATE, you can VASSALIZE (if that's even a word). Then, they become a puppet civ, but are hostile to you. Because they cant produce units, they don't pose a threat, but you can still trade with them.

Mod "Civilization IV Diplomatic Features" give the option of turning civs into vassals, but it needs update for latest patch (currently it breaks trade routes and espionage). Hopefully modder will do update soon.

Top Bottom