A new Trait Idea

Great idea, sort of like Spore where u can change from social to aggressive, etc., etc.

I know that. But i met you can like change from warrior to zealot, etc.

How about this?

You create a new menu, the traits menu that lists all traits and has points next to them. Instead of just switching traits every time you do something, you get points. For example, you get aggressive points for declaring war on someone and protective points for building the Great Wall. A points system makes more sense to me than just randomly switching to different traits. If you switched traits, almost every action would cause you to change, and then usually doesn't happen in real life.

In real life a civs 'traits' would change every time they got a new leader.

Also, the switches wouldn't be random.

no one knows hot to edit python.(i tried and now i can't use civics in civ4)

If you know one or two programming languages, learning another is not usually very difficult (much like spoken languages!). From what I understand Python is actually fairly easy to learn. There are lots of web tutorials plus there is an entire wiki book at http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Python_Programming. I plan to be a proficient user by this time next year because I am creating a fairly extensive mod that will require some programming gymnastics. Mastering a programming language usually doesn't take any longer than a year (often sooner) as long as you are dedicated to it.

If you don't know any programming languages, you don't need to take a course. You just need to sit down and learn something simple to get you used to the basics. Start with HTML, Java, or C. They are all very easy to get the general hang of and have plenty of readily available online tutorials to guide you through. You don't need to master them. Once you feel like you have a good idea of what you can do with programming, just dive into Python. But make sure you start by working in a mod folder next time and not the core game files, otherwise you might find yourself unable to use more than just civics! :eek:

your idea right now basically means that every time you do anything, you change traits. the points system makes more sense to me because it would be a pain in the butt to switch basically every time you do anything.

I'm back and as for Sam's post, I said that a long time ago, what had happened was that I was playing with Python while having no real idea what I was doing. That has been long since fixed and I haven't played around with Python since. Anyway, Moopoo, how's the mod coming, any changes since I was last here?

Top Bottom