Deletion of threads en masse

Actually, come to think of it, would there be any other DYOSes on a two-month extension of the, ah, 'dumpfile'?

I don't know a lot about DYOS but the Council thread (which AFAIK only applies to the most recent DYOS, which did not get deleted, and started at around the same time as it) dates from September 2007. So it might be that any other DYOSes that were in Forum Games would not be there (which would be a cryin' shame :().

But I don't really understand all this computery business so maybe I'm misunderstanding.

The past DYOS's date from, I believe, 2003-2007. The current one has been going on for a year and a half, as have the Council and Best of Threads.

So... uh... I'm confused, what are we supposed to be doing to get copies of the past forum games threads?

Thanks.

The file isn't really all that useful though, as it only has a few more of the NotW threads, the original RfMK III Thread, and some other not-very-important-to-us stuff. It doesn't have a lot more. :(

Besides, I wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.

They will live forever in our memories now...

Until we all grow old and have alzheimer's :(

Well, there was that Oct or Nov 2006 dumpfile, that might have the DYOS 1-6 Threads (Or at least a few of them) but everything else is gone.

Not that 7, 8, and 9 were really worth keeping, they were probably the worst of the series with all that spam.

Well, there was that Oct or Nov 2006 dumpfile, that might have the DYOS 1-6 Threads (Or at least a few of them) but everything else is gone.

Not that 7, 8, and 9 were really worth keeping, they were probably the worst of the series with all that spam.
Not to mention Stylesrj's powergaming.

Well, they were in 5 and 6 too, and 1 was almost as crazy with some of the things people did, but they're worth keeping due to their sheer longevity- they lasted a while had had some decent things in them. 7-9, however, went downhill really fast.

3 and 4 did too- they don't have 100 posts between them.

It was the early ones that were amazin

Well, those two additional NoTWs would certainly be nice to have.

Can we get somebody to download them please?

EDIT: Can we try the second dumpfile?

Top Bottom