Civ5 - Preview from (Spanish) Meristation Juegos PC site

In general, there isn't much new in this article. However, there is a bit of info that I haven't read anywhere so far.

But not only increases their [of the units] power, but also their tactical possibilities, shown by the possibility that units with ranged weapons can shoot enemies to two squares away -provided they're not in a low visibility area, such as a forest-.

Emphasis is mine.

I belive that it has been mentioned before in some context, nice to hear it again though :), But I wonder if it is the archers or the unit they fire at that are in the forest? Could be both

Welcome tajmahall. do you mind reposting in English?

Moderator Action: "Esik a ho, fingik a lo". The English is "the snow falls, the horse farts". It didn't seem relevant so it is now gone.

More like I'd like to be able to keep the AI out of my land. The AI in the past 2 CIV games has been pretty belligerent when it comes to unit and city placement. I recall the days of Civ3 having to yell at Civs multiple times because thier warrior kept wandering into my borders. Being able to keep even friendly AI at bay would be useful, to say the least - and I don't like having to resort to culture to do it.

But I see what you're saying. It does make sense, I'd just like a way to keep the AI from weasling settlers right onto my borders and then getting mad at me that we're on top of each other.

What would make sense is when you are negotiating right of passage with an AI or other human player to give the choice of allowing right of passage or open borders to;
A. all units
B. military units only
C. Defensive military units only
D. Offensive military units only
E. Civilian units only

Top Bottom